03-28-10 09:27 PM
1,600 ... 4344454647 ...
tools
    If you enter the numbers that show up before the comma only (most likely this is your phone number), does it work then? Make sure to input it exactly the same way it shows on the calling screen. The numbers after the comma aren't being dialed when the call is made, so you should actually only use the numbers before the comma.
    Yeah I did do that and it still doesn't work. I'm wondering if it is my other settings, I have it set to lock immediately on a call and I'm using the PatternLock icon instead of a message.
    05-01-09 10:30 PM
    Yeah I did do that and it still doesn't work. I'm wondering if it is my other settings, I have it set to lock immediately on a call and I'm using the PatternLock icon instead of a message.
    That shouldn't affect it. I just tried right now with automatic password entry and added the number exactly as it shows before the comma, and it worked just fine. Is anyone else having this problem?

Are you only having problems with voicemail? Does it work if you try dialing another number when you have it added to the list?
    Last edited by tafasa; 05-01-09 at 10:47 PM.
    05-01-09 10:43 PM
    A quick update on QuickLaunch support: I have been working with the developer and it appears that PatternLock will be compatible with QuickLaunch 2.0 when it is released.
    05-01-09 11:01 PM
    Taf - If I set the option "Always unlock to home screen" to Yes, does that mean when the phone is unlocked I'll see the Home Screen and not the app I was in prior to locking the device. For example, if I lock the device while in Contacts, when I unlock the device it'll show me the Home Screen. If so, the feature does not work. Could you please explain.

This app is having so many features now that perhaps a brief explanation of some would be helpful.
    05-01-09 11:02 PM
    A quick update on QuickLaunch support: I have been working with the developer and it appears that PatternLock will be compatible with QuickLaunch 2.0 when it is released.
    That's good news!
    05-01-09 11:04 PM
    Taf - If I set the option "Always unlock to home screen" to Yes, does that mean when the phone is unlocked I'll see the Home Screen and not the app I was in prior to locking the device. For example, if I lock the device while in Contacts, when I unlock the device it'll show me the Home Screen. If so, the feature does not work. Could you please explain.

This app is having so many features now that perhaps a brief explanation of some would be helpful.
    Yes that is how it is supposed to work. A couple of users reported this issue and it seemed like uninstalling and reinstalling the application resolved the issue (sometimes it required a battery pull between the uninstall and reinstall). I am not really sure why for some people it doesn't work right away (it may be an OS thing), but I'll look into it.
    05-01-09 11:04 PM
    Wow! Thanks alot Tafasa!
    05-02-09 12:04 AM
    How can I set pattern lock to be the lock key on the top of the phone... is that possible?
    05-02-09 01:54 AM
    Hey Tafasa, I PM'd you already about this.

I see you're up to version 1.1.6, I purchased the App from Blackberry App World and it's only up to 1.1.2. How can I get the latest updates? I looked at my mobihand account but apparently BB App World is not linked to mobihand. How can I get the most recent updates? Please let me know. Thanks!
    05-02-09 02:21 AM
    How can I set pattern lock to be the lock key on the top of the phone... is that possible?
    Go to the options screen and scroll near the bottom in the "Miscellaneous" category and you will see "Assign to lock key". You can't assign to the lock key if you have a password set for your device using the built in BlackBerry locking mechanism. When assigned to the lock key, you will still see the built in lock engage for a second or two and then it will be replaced by PatternLock.
    05-02-09 08:11 AM
    That shouldn't affect it. I just tried right now with automatic password entry and added the number exactly as it shows before the comma, and it worked just fine. Is anyone else having this problem?

Are you only having problems with voicemail? Does it work if you try dialing another number when you have it added to the list?
    Taf, I think I have located the issue, or at least the issue with my phone. If I manually dial a number from the do not lock list, the application works as it should, even my voicemail. However, if I try and call the same numbers but instead of dialing I use speed dial, the application locks every time. That's why I could never get my voicemail to work because I always use the speed dial to call voicemail. Are you having this issue or is this a .75 thing?
    05-02-09 10:21 AM
    Taf, I think I have located the issue, or at least the issue with my phone. If I manually dial a number from the do not lock list, the application works as it should, even my voicemail. However, if I try and call the same numbers but instead of dialing I use speed dial, the application locks every time. That's why I could never get my voicemail to work because I always use the speed dial to call voicemail. Are you having this issue or is this a .75 thing?
    I was dialing using the speed dial as well and it seemed to work. Anyone else having this issue?
    05-02-09 10:52 AM
    Taf, a small question...

Would it be possible for the battery to show the charging icon while charging?
    05-02-09 11:38 AM
    i have entered numbers into the "disable" list but when they are dialed pattern lock still engages .
    05-02-09 12:04 PM
    Hi Taf!
    Great job!

I tested the new functionality that I've asked you about GPS.
    I like it!!!

Only some question:
    _is it possible to add an option to make PatternLock run only in some places? A sort of "Enable when in the following locations". For me is usefull if PatternLock is always disabled, and enabled in the office, and in some few other places.

_it is possible to make PatternLock to force to update GPS position?

Thank you!!
    05-02-09 12:16 PM
    great app, ty for your hard work on this!
    05-02-09 12:24 PM
    Hi Taf!
    Great job!

I tested the new functionality that I've asked you about GPS.
    I like it!!!

Only some question:
    _is it possible to add an option to make PatternLock run only in some places? A sort of "Enable when in the following locations". For me is usefull if PatternLock is always disabled, and enabled in the office, and in some few other places.

_it is possible to make PatternLock to force to update GPS position?

Thank you!!
    It will be a bit confusing to have both options of where to enable and where to disable, so one had to be chosen. It seemed like the vast majority of people who wanted to use this feature preferred the option of choosing where to disable (eg. disable at home).

To force PatternLock to update your GPS position, choose a short time for the "Don't use location data older than" option. However, setting this to a shorter time will have a negative effect on battery life.
    05-02-09 12:38 PM
    i have entered numbers into the "disable" list but when they are dialed pattern lock still engages .
    For anyone having problem with this feature, please let me know what OS you are using and the steps to reproduce your problem. If possible, let me know if this only happens for calls you initiate (dialing and/or speed dialing) or does it also happen for incoming calls.
    05-02-09 12:39 PM
    Hey taf - I'm running the latest version, but I still have issues where PatternLock pops up in landscape mode, even though I have it set to only be used in portrait.

If it helps, I'm running OS .75 and have PatternLock set to be used with my lock key. It tends to happen if I'm holding my phone in landscape when I light up my screen. It corrects itself if I move the phone around a bit.
    05-02-09 02:06 PM

It will be a bit confusing to have both options of where to enable and where to disable, so one had to be chosen. It seemed like the vast majority of people who wanted to use this feature preferred the option of choosing where to disable (eg. disable at home).

To force PatternLock to update your GPS position, choose a short time for the "Don't use location data older than" option. However, setting this to a shorter time will have a negative effect on battery life.
    I agree with Taf on this issue. The current configuration is "Fail Safe".
    05-02-09 03:02 PM

Ok, thank you for you reply!!
    05-02-09 03:13 PM
    Yes, QL 2.0 supports patternlock. Thanks tafasa!
    05-02-09 06:20 PM
    Hi I was wondering if you could add a notification icon for bbm...Thanks
    05-02-09 07:33 PM
    Hey taf - I'm running the latest version, but I still have issues where PatternLock pops up in landscape mode, even though I have it set to only be used in portrait.

If it helps, I'm running OS .75 and have PatternLock set to be used with my lock key. It tends to happen if I'm holding my phone in landscape when I light up my screen. It corrects itself if I move the phone around a bit.
    I can't seem to reproduce this. This may be an OS issue. If you can give me step by step instructions on how to reproduce it, I can try again (your detailed instructions about holding the device upside down were helpful before in solving one issue, thanks!)
    05-02-09 09:43 PM
    Hi I was wondering if you could add a notification icon for bbm...Thanks
    This doesn't currently seem possible. If a way is found to access application indicators for other applications, it will be included in a free update.
    05-02-09 09:44 PM
1,600 ... 4344454647 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD