03-28-10 09:27 PM
1,600 ... 3536373839 ...
tools
    oh really? wow i feel like an *****, what is it called?
    04-24-09 12:59 AM
    oh really? wow i feel like an *****, what is it called?
    line segments.
    04-24-09 01:01 AM
    Tafasa:

Let me start off by saying what a great app. I tell everyone I see with the storm to look into it.
    Additionally, not sure if it is because I am running .132 or not, but sometime I do not get alerts when the phone is locked inaddition to the missed call icon showing up when I have a message.

Also: I would love to see the grid 4 by 4 or just bigger.

Thanks for all your hard work.
    04-24-09 06:28 AM
    i was wondering if its possible to have a color option of clear for the trail, i know where to slide my fingers and would like it if the entire world didnt see it.
    I would like an option that doesnt show any coloring going across your pattern. Like disabling dot color, dot highlight color, pattern color, correct pattern path color, and incorrect pattern color. Think this would complete the app for me.
    04-24-09 08:04 AM
    Tafasa:

Let me start off by saying what a great app. I tell everyone I see with the storm to look into it.
    Additionally, not sure if it is because I am running .132 or not, but sometime I do not get alerts when the phone is locked inaddition to the missed call icon showing up when I have a message.

Also: I would love to see the grid 4 by 4 or just bigger.

Thanks for all your hard work.
    What alerts are you missing? Do you mean your phone does not make a sound and vibrate or that they just don't show up on the lock screen?

Also, can you please explain the "missed call icon showing up when I have a message"? Are you referring to the icon that looks like a phone next to an envelope in PatternLock. That is the icon used for SMS & MMS messages.
    Last edited by tafasa; 04-24-09 at 08:47 AM.
    04-24-09 08:10 AM
    PS. In case you missed it, there was a free giveaway of 20 copies on the previous page. 2 copies left!
    04-24-09 08:17 AM
    dammit mustve just missed it..
    04-24-09 08:45 AM
    I have the same thing happening with the phone icon. When I get an SMS message I have a phone icon next to it which I interpreted as a phone call missed. Is it possible to use an icon with the standard envelope in the italic format (skewed to the side)?
    04-24-09 09:44 AM
    I have the same thing happening with the phone icon. When I get an SMS message I have a phone icon next to it which I interpreted as a phone call missed. Is it possible to use an icon with the standard envelope in the italic format (skewed to the side)?
    The phone icon next to an envelope was picked to distinguish it from an email message. This is similar to the default icon of the SMS & MMS application which is a phone next to an envelope.
    04-24-09 09:56 AM
    Ok. I wasn't familiar with that. On my Storm the SMS icon doesn't have a phone at all...just a sideways version of the envelope with a little red star on top of it.

The phone icon next to an envelope was picked to distinguish it from an email message. This is similar to the default icon of the SMS & MMS application which is a phone next to an envelope.
    04-24-09 10:38 AM
    Ok. I wasn't familiar with that. On my Storm the SMS icon doesn't have a phone at all...just a sideways version of the envelope with a little red star on top of it.
    Do you mean the notification icon, or the SMS & MMS application icon? We can consider changing the icon if enough people find it confusing.
    04-24-09 10:58 AM
    Yeah, I was thrown off by that as well. Not sure how else to distinguish between SMS and email though.

In other news, I locked myself out for a half hour for the first time today. Hahaha.
    04-24-09 11:01 AM
    I agree it was a little confusing. At first I kept thinking I had a missed call O.o
    04-24-09 11:03 AM
    Any suggestions for a notification icon for SMS & MMS that is less confusing?
    04-24-09 11:09 AM
    Hey Taf
    Any chance you can make the pattern go away until you swipe the screen. I know you have owner info and the pattern becomes faded but i would like for the pattern to hide all together until the user touches the screen. This would mean that you would have just a background screen and nothing in between.
    04-24-09 11:13 AM
    Btw, Thanks for a great app!

I was thinking the slanted envelope would be less confusing. I have the option for combined messages turned on (e-mail/ sms). The way SMS messages shows up is the slanted envelope icon.
    04-24-09 11:55 AM
    Yeah, that part is theme dependent but a slanted envelope may be best because that's how the OS handles it.
    04-24-09 12:06 PM
    Expanding upon the "don't lock when media is playing" option, could you add an options section that would be titled similar to "don't lock when the following applications are running:" and then have a "check mark" style list of all of the applications on the phone?
    04-24-09 12:14 PM
    I think the slanted envelope with the * for the SMS texts is great and maybe something different for the MMS...maybe a slanted envelope and a + or the same * in a different color?

04-24-09 12:24 PM
    Do you mean the notification icon, or the SMS & MMS application icon? We can consider changing the icon if enough people find it confusing.
    Maybe the icons and the placement. I think right under the date would be a nice position, if theres room. Can you add a little lock on the bottom left corner opposite from the emergency call button? It feels empty there..to me anyways.
    04-24-09 12:49 PM
    Maybe the icons and the placement. I think right under the date would be a nice position, if theres room. Can you add a little lock on the bottom left corner opposite from the emergency call button? It feels empty there..to me anyways.
    Or have Emergency Call 1 on the bottom left, Emergency Call 2 at bottom center, and Emergency Call 3 at bottom right
    04-24-09 12:58 PM
    Anybody managed to get PatternLock on their QuickLaunch menu without using the "Lock' item (which personally takes too much time compared to just PatternLock)?

I managed to get it on by reseting my pattern and adding it on the first use wizard, but the problem is that it won't start when using that shortcut. Could we have something like "enable quick buttons temporarly" so we can set it?
    Last edited by FineWolf; 04-24-09 at 02:22 PM.
    04-24-09 01:00 PM
    I have been getting some lag lately and have noticed a few times that even with the orientation set to portrait only, it sometimes will come up in landscape, think for a few seconds then switch to portrait. This only happens when the backlight is off and the phone unlocked while in landscape mode. Once it catchs on it will switch to portrain even though the phone is still being held in landscape.
    04-24-09 01:45 PM
    PatternLock has been updated to version 1.1.3

NEW IN VERSION 1.1.3
    --------------------------------
    - Fixed an issue where the text in the Call Screen Lock was selectable making it possible for your cheek to select it during a call
    - Added the option of having the PatternLock icon show up instead of a message for the Call Screen Lock
    - Added a new option to specify applications that, when running, PatternLock should not autolock. There is an "Edit List" button in the options screen which will list all third party applications installed on your device. Check the applications you wish to keep PatternLock from autolocking, and click OK and save your options.
    - Added an "Off" option for the colors of the dots, dot highlight, path, incorrect path and correct path which will completely hide the respective element
    - Changed SMS & MMS notification icon to a slanted envelope to better match the default BlackBerry behavior and reduce confusion thinking you have a missed call

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post.
    04-24-09 02:20 PM
    PatternLock has been updated to version 1.1.3

NEW IN VERSION 1.1.3
    --------------------------------
    - Fixed an issue where the text in the Call Screen Lock was selectable making it possible for your cheek to select it during a call
    - Added the option of having the PatternLock icon show up instead of a message for the Call Screen Lock
    - Added a new option to specify applications that, when running, PatternLock should not autolock. There is an "Edit List" button in the options screen which will list all third party applications installed on your device. Check the applications you wish to keep PatternLock from autolocking, and click OK and save your options.
    - Added an "Off" option for the colors of the dots, dot highlight, path, incorrect path and correct path which will completely hide the respective element
    - Changed SMS & MMS notification icon to a slanted envelope to better match the default BlackBerry behavior and reduce confusion thinking you have a missed call

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post.
    Thanks taf this is one of the better updates. I use patternlock and stormslider for extra security. Running a business I need this phone to be as secure as possible. Thanks for your effort.
    04-24-09 02:24 PM
1,600 ... 3536373839 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD