03-28-10 09:27 PM
1,600 ... 3334353637 ...
tools
    I'm sorry if I missed this because I did a search but it's kind of hard to search for "lock screen" in a post about a lock screen app, but is it normal for the standard BB lock screen to show before the PatternLock comes up when I lock it manually? I have the BB lock disabled and already did a battery pull.
    Yes it is if you use the hardware lock key. If you lock using the top lock key, then there is a small delay in which the default lock will show, and then PatternLock will soon replace it. It can take approximately 3 seconds for PatternLock to engage using the hardware lock key. If you want faster launch times, it is recommended to either use the icon or a convenience key.
    04-23-09 01:42 PM
    Ok, thanks!
    04-23-09 02:01 PM
    Taf
    While in emergency call I was able to hit the end button a few times and exit out of pattern lock completely.
    I was able to do this a few times as well.
    I don't know if its jut my device or this is a wide spread issue.
    Thanks,
    Brian

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 02:10 PM
    Taf
    While in emergency call I was able to hit the end button a few times and exit out of pattern lock completely.
    I was able to do this a few times as well.
    I don't know if its jut my device or this is a wide spread issue.
    Thanks,
    Brian

What exactly happens? Do you hit the end key several times in a row?
    04-23-09 02:12 PM
    I believe there is already an application in the CrackBerry store that can do this. Try searching "Profile" in the store.
    "PROFILER" works great with PatternLock by the way.
    04-23-09 02:44 PM
    Yes once it starts to call by hitting end several times it will exit the application.
    What exactly happens? Do you hit the end key several times in a row?
    04-23-09 02:46 PM
    Yes once it starts to call by hitting end several times it will exit the application.

Sent you a PM
    04-23-09 03:34 PM
    Replied.

04-23-09 03:42 PM
    Is Brian getting hush money arrangements via PM?!
    04-23-09 03:56 PM
    Is Brian getting hush money arrangements via PM?!
    He is helping to find a fix
    04-23-09 04:03 PM
    PatternLock has been updated to version 1.1.1.1

NEW IN VERSION 1.1.1.1
    -----------------------------------
    - Fixes an issue where under certain circumstances you can bypass the PatternLock using the emergency call feature

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post.
    04-23-09 04:22 PM
    Taf, can you make the phone vibrate as well as sound for the incorrect patterns inputted only?? That would be awesome!
    04-23-09 04:22 PM
    PatternLock has been updated to version 1.1.1.1

NEW IN VERSION 1.1.1.1
    -----------------------------------
    - Fixes an issue where under certain circumstances you can bypass the PatternLock using the emergency call feature

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post.
    Lol, squash though bugs!
    04-23-09 04:23 PM
    Lol, squash though bugs!
    this is fun...lol, two of my favorite security apps getting updates back-to-back haha
    04-23-09 04:32 PM
    this is fun...lol, two of my favorite security apps getting updates back-to-back haha
    Hahaha! Kudos to both devs!
    04-23-09 04:33 PM
    anyone notice that plugging in your bb to your computer with DM deactivates pattern lock?
    04-23-09 04:37 PM
    anyone notice that plugging in your bb to your computer with DM deactivates pattern lock?
    it's an option. if you don't like it you can change to enable PatternLock when charging.
    04-23-09 04:38 PM
    that's cuz it goes into the clock app in which disables the app.....(u r technically charging so itll disable)
    04-23-09 04:39 PM
    To clarify a few things:

Setting "Disable autolock while charging" will stop the application from locking while charging (whether or not the clock application is set to run while charging) and will automatically unlock the device when plugged in.

Setting "Disable autolock while Clock application is running" will stop the application from autolocking only if the clock application is running (does not depend on charging)

If you want to have it not autolock while charging, but not unlock immediately when plugged in, setup your device to show the clock when charging and set "disable autolock while charging" to No and "disable autolock while clock application is running" to Yes.

You do not need to disable autolock while charging for alarms to sound or other notifications to get through. That feature is just there for those that want the clock to show when they put their device in the cradle or charge it.
    04-23-09 04:42 PM
    ahhhhh.......gotcha.
    04-23-09 04:42 PM
    I use Berrybuzz as well. When I disable the feature the problem is hit and miss (where the light stops blinking upon touching the screen). I am also having issues with the unlock sound disappearing and the latest being an exception that caused it to close. Very strange...
    04-23-09 05:17 PM
    I use Berrybuzz as well. When I disable the feature the problem is hit and miss (where the light stops blinking upon touching the screen). I am also having issues with the unlock sound disappearing and the latest being an exception that caused it to close. Very strange...
    An exception caused PatternLock to close? What was the exception? Is this reproducible?
    04-23-09 05:18 PM
    I have Patternlock assigned to my lock key. As I view my "Messages" and click the lock button I get the standard lock screen instead of the Patternlock dots. It has not crashed again but it won't let me lock with the lock key even though it's selected in the program.
    04-23-09 05:24 PM
    I have Patternlock assigned to my lock key. As I view my "Messages" and click the lock button I get the standard lock screen instead of the Patternlock dots. It has not crashed again but it won't let me lock with the lock key even though it's selected in the program.
    Can you try restarting your device. What happened when the exception got thrown, do you remember?
    04-23-09 05:25 PM
    I only tease!

Props on getting an update out so fast - I just bought it this afternoon and already updated!
    04-23-09 05:34 PM
1,600 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD