Taf, I have double security on my phone; I have DMG's StormSlider and Your Patternlock. I was wondering if your lock can appear before the Slider, if that is at all possible...
    I don't think that is possible. The two applications are designed and work differently.
    04-22-09 01:27 AM
    Taf - Just wanted to say that you are a genius!!!

Stumbled upon this app through the forums, and sounded right up my street. Got it from Mobihand at v1.0.6.1, and have now moved to 1.0.9... I was going to post this morning (UK time) asking whether it's possible to link to the lock key - and you read my mind with the latest version

Have to say that the other app I'm using loads currently is Parking Lot - and that's by you too!

I look forward to investigating other apps by you, and please keep up the great work
    04-22-09 01:40 AM
    I'm curious to see if anyone else can think of more suggestions to make this app better than it already is (HAH!), or maybe what they would like to see..please other than message notifications..we already know that. I personally can't think of anything else; this app is just that great.
    Last edited by macnthamost; 04-22-09 at 02:13 AM.
    04-22-09 02:06 AM
    Great work Tafizzle

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 02:13 AM
    That's correct. If the lock is enabled then none of the hardware keys should be able to unlock the device at anytime until you unlock it with the pattern. You can either have the lock automatically enable itself based on inactive time, or you can manually enable it by assigning it to a convenience key or clicking the icon on the Homescreen.

PatternLock has been updated to version 1.0.9

NEW IN VERSION 1.0.9
    ---------------------------------
    - Ability to assign PatternLock to the lock key:
    You are REALLY making some people look bad.
    04-22-09 03:08 AM
    I'm curious to see if anyone else can think of more suggestions to make this app better than it already is (HAH!), or maybe what they would like to see..please other than message notifications..we already know that. I personally can't think of anything else; this app is just that great.
    I can think of one thing i know it been said and said but can you get the notifications to show through the app?

One last thing would you be able to remove the pattern untill the user touches the screen which will then bring it up. This would mean that the only thing that is showing is your background image???
    Last edited by xTaffyx; 04-22-09 at 03:28 AM.
    04-22-09 03:18 AM
    I can think of one thing i know it been said and said but can you get the notifications to show through the app?

One last thing would you be able to remove the pattern untill the user touches the screen which will then bring it up. This would mean that the only thing that is showing is your background image???
    Uh that's already a feature..when you choose Show Owner Info.
    04-22-09 03:29 AM
    Uh that's already a feature..when you choose Show Owner Info.
    yes but you can still see the faded pattern. I want to know if there is an option,or an option added, where it all goes and you just have the background image untill you swipe the screen....

Edit:::::Tafasa Have you any idea on how to do this??
    Last edited by xTaffyx; 04-22-09 at 05:47 AM.
    04-22-09 03:38 AM
    Would it be possible to have a setting to change the dimensions of the pattern? 3x3 is fine, but 4x4 or 5x5 may allow some interesting "shapes" to unlock...

Really scraping the barrel on finding things to "improve" this app now
    04-22-09 06:18 AM
    Taf... do you have a way to accept donations? I purchased the app for $1 when you were running the special... and quite frankly... you deserve more.

The ability to assign this to the lock button simply makes this app a necessity for anyone. Combined with the ability to overlap it is extremely secure and easy to use.

My only request (not even a complaint) if it is possible for future releases, would be to see if you can make it so the backlight doesn't come on if the screen is tapped when you lock it with the lock button.

As someone who "pockets" his Storm, I find my battery drain is much higher when I can't use the built in lock. Though if it isn't possible, I may just decide to buy a holster for it.

Thanks again for all that you do... this app (and all your apps) are truly top notch. If anyone didn't buy this app yet.... buy it! You will not be disappointed... it will be the best $3 you can spend for your phone!
    04-22-09 07:00 AM
    Yes tafasa stick a little donation bar up and i will definatly be throwing a few dollars your way

Taf... do you have a way to accept donations? I purchased the app for $1 when you were running the special... and quite frankly... you deserve more.

The ability to assign this to the lock button simply makes this app a necessity for anyone. Combined with the ability to overlap it is extremely secure and easy to use.

My only request (not even a complaint) if it is possible for future releases, would be to see if you can make it so the backlight doesn't come on if the screen is tapped when you lock it with the lock button.

As someone who "pockets" his Storm, I find my battery drain is much higher when I can't use the built in lock. Though if it isn't possible, I may just decide to buy a holster for it.

Thanks again for all that you do... this app (and all your apps) are truly top notch. If anyone didn't buy this app yet.... buy it! You will not be disappointed... it will be the best $3 you can spend for your phone!
    04-22-09 07:08 AM

I agree, if it would stay unlit when the screen is touched/pressed, that would save batt life (just like the real lock program).

I'm having a problem downloading the latest verzion with lock button mapping, it's saying I already downloaded it but that never happened before...any ideas? Any method I use to try and download the new 1.0.9, it says I've already downloaded the app and to contact someone.
    I don't understand..
    Last edited by guts311; 04-22-09 at 08:27 AM.
    04-22-09 08:21 AM
    I asked this question earlier but now I am asking to see whether I am the only one experiencing this.

I just upgraded the OS from 113 --> 131, including full backup and restore. After the update was completed I lost all my Patternlock settings.

So.. are the settings backed-uo and restorable with DM utility?

If so.. then is there something that I need to do to make this occur, as it did not happen for me.

Don't get me work reentering the chosen options is no big effort, just want to understand if there is a way to avoid this.

I also place my vote for notification info info to appear while pattenlock is active

But if not.. it certainly does not detract from the value of the product..

I never relied too much on password etc. before as too lazy to keep re-entering them but patternlock makes it so each to be security minded without being cumbersome..... Patternlock is definitely a keeper!!!!

Thank you
    04-22-09 08:29 AM
    I agree, if it would stay unlit when the screen is touched/pressed, that would save batt life (just like the real lock program).

I'm having a problem downloading the latest verzion with lock button mapping, it's saying I already downloaded it but that never happened before...any ideas? Any method I use to try and download the new 1.0.9, it says I've already downloaded the app and to contact someone.
    I don't understand..
    Do you get to the download screen, click download and then see this message?
    04-22-09 08:31 AM
    Yes tafasa stick a little donation bar up and i will definatly be throwing a few dollars your way
    We don't have anything setup for donations, but feel free to check out any of our other applications too

(CrackBerry Store Link)
    04-22-09 08:33 AM
    Do you get to the download screen, click download and then see this message?
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yep, I go to the notification e-mail I get for new versions, click on the My Account link...sign in my name...then type my e-mail so it sends the download link to my BB through e-mail. This link has always gone right to the new download page, but now I'm getting the message saying I already downloaded it, etc...

EDIT: and of course I paid the 99 cents initially
    04-22-09 08:33 AM
    yes but you can still see the faded pattern. I want to know if there is an option,or an option added, where it all goes and you just have the background image untill you swipe the screen....

Edit:::::Tafasa Have you any idea on how to do this??
    You want the dots to disappear completely instead of only be faded out? The reason why they are faded out is so that you can quickly draw your pattern because you can still sort of see where the dots are. Otherwise you would have to tap the screen first to show the pattern entry dots and then draw your pattern.
    04-22-09 08:36 AM
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yep, I go to the notification e-mail I get for new versions, click on the My Account link...sign in my name...then type my e-mail so it sends the download link to my BB through e-mail. This link has always gone right to the new download page, but now I'm getting the message saying I already downloaded it, etc...

EDIT: and of course I paid the 99 cents initially
    Can you just revisit the same link sent to you before? It should redirect you to the new version without a problem. If you don't see the new version number, click Menu > Refresh.
    04-22-09 08:37 AM
    We don't have anything setup for donations, but feel free to check out any of our other applications too

(CrackBerry Store Link)
    I'm going to download a few today after work. I definitely think others should download some of your applications to show appreciation for all of your hard work and dedication!!

Don't be cheap peoples.

04-22-09 08:37 AM
    Can you just revisit the same link sent to you before? It should redirect you to the new version without a problem. If you don't see the new version number, click Menu > Refresh.
    Same message:

Mobile Download
    Error. You have already downloaded this software. Please contact customer support if you need further assistance.

And then it repeats the same exact message again below that
    04-22-09 08:41 AM
    Same message:

Mobile Download
    Error. You have already downloaded this software. Please contact customer support if you need further assistance.

Can you PM the email address you used to purchase or your order number?
    04-22-09 08:44 AM
    I'm going to download a few today after work. I definitely think others should download some of your applications to show appreciation for all of your hard work and dedication!!

Don't be cheap peoples.

I will be doing this as well as soon as I get my lazy arse out of bed

04-22-09 08:50 AM
    Same message:

Mobile Download

PMed you a new link, please try that one. If it works, continue using that one to download any updates.
    04-22-09 08:55 AM
    PMed you a new link, please try that one. If it works, continue using that one to download any updates.
    That worked thanks! Wonder what happened..
    04-22-09 09:30 AM
    This guy truly is THE best developer there is on this site.

And that takes nothing away from any of the other devs here.

I was in beta testing for 1.0.9 and I couldn't believe he had implemented this feature. I was shocked when I read the email because I thought, as the rest of you did, that it was impossible. I was struggling to let the rest of crackberry know =)

Well taf encountered a nasty little bug that was probably going to stop the version from being release to the general public.

(The OEM lock screen wasn't disengaging after unlocking with pattern lock)

Long and behold, a few HOURS later, taf emails me back with a fix to the problem.

It just amazes me how he tackles these problems with out any trouble. The customer service is unmatched and the updates have full filled everyones requests (including mine).

Taf, this is truly a GROUND BREAKING app and you deserve every penny for your hard work.

If you have not bought this app yet, get it NOW. You wont be dissapointed.

/end rave about taf and pattern lock :-)
    04-22-09 10:04 AM
1,600 ... 2728293031 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD