03-28-10 09:27 PM
1,600 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    Thank you Tafasa for this amazing app. This has made me much happier with this phone and it was definitely worth the money. The constant updates are awesome.

I don't know if anyone will care but if your phone is locked and then you plug it into the charger, it unlocks your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Actually...I brought this up to him, but he's steps ahead of us....

This is what you want to have set:

Disable autolock when device is charging: NO
    Disable autolock when Clock application is running: YES

Obviously, you'll have to run the clock for it not to lock- but, at least nobody who finds your phone can just plug it in to unlock it.
    04-19-09 11:58 PM
    Actually...I brought this up to him, but he's steps ahead of us....

This is what you want to have set:

Disable autolock when device is charging: NO
    Disable autolock when Clock application is running: YES

Obviously, you'll have to run the clock for it not to lock- but, at least nobody who finds your phone can just plug it in to unlock it.
    Does the clock application always run when you plug it in the charger??
    04-20-09 12:01 AM
    If the phone is unlocked, yes.
    04-20-09 12:02 AM
    WOW, I never payed enough attention to notice that's what the G1's screen looks like! I REALLY like it. And the EMERGENCY CALL button is a FANTASTIC IDEA, as long as there is something like a confirmation (so you don't set it off in your pocket).
    04-20-09 12:05 AM
    As posted earlier in this thread - I think this app is awesome! I am also loving the daily updates too.

Just thought that I would post a list of things that I would like to see. Some will have been mentioned I guess?!?:

1. Option to choose your own sounds for correct/incorrect locking.
    2. Ability to draw over dots more than once
    3. Full screen interface (this will in turn make mistakes less frequent as my fat fingers will have more space to draw)
    4. Option to make grid 4x4
    5. A modification to make my screen less greasy, as I can see my finger pattern on it when the screen goes black

Again - a truly awsome app. I have had it for about a week now and I still love drawing my pattern EVERY time I use my Storm (my wife thinks I'm a little sad ).

Keep up the updates - and the good work Tafasa
    04-20-09 03:26 AM
    Wowzers! It seems like we get 2 software updates a day.
    04-20-09 03:55 AM
    How can I add this to quicklaunch?

Also, suggestion: add an option for "no background image." You can have colors to choose from like you did with the dots. It's just really bugging me that I want the same background for portrait and landscape modes, but the wallpaper I'm using is formatted for portrait, and basically looks terrible in landscape.
    04-20-09 06:19 AM
    Please add/change

* Up to 4 x 4 grid.
    * Full screen option
    * ability to have/remove the grey box around the circles, remove it so its just the dots over your image.
    *Change dot shape? Squares, stars, etc
    *Ability to use the dot more then once
    04-20-09 07:20 AM
    I bought it earlier this week, gotta say, I love it!! I gotta say, this is a must have app in my opinion! I'll be recomending it to every customer i get!

Great work, I appreciate your hard work I'm pretty excited to see what comes out in future releases!
    04-20-09 07:38 AM
    I really dont want to have a full screen, so can you make this an option taf please? I really like being able to see the time and date and my owner information in case its lost or stolen.

However I agree with the following
    4x4 grid
    Ability to use dots more than once
    Emergency Call
    Finally adding to quicklaunch.
    Last edited by dukins; 04-20-09 at 10:26 AM.
    04-20-09 07:53 AM
    These updates are coming at ludicrous speed
    04-20-09 08:24 AM
    Go to the options screen (in the BlackBerry options screen under PatternLock) and disable autolocking. After doing this, PatternLock will only be enabled when you manually click the icon or the convenience key if you have it assigned.
    I must cant see because I dont see the option of totally disabling patternlock can someone tell me exactly which option this is.
    04-20-09 08:57 AM
    I think the pattern lock should be full screen like the g1 pic

04-20-09 10:24 AM
    I think the pattern lock should be full screen like the g1 pic

I think the way Taf designed PatternLock for the STORM, makes perfect sense. I'd rather it be different then exactly the same.
    04-20-09 10:38 AM
    This doesn't appear to be currently possible. There doesn't seem to be any way for a 3rd party application to get access to the application indicators that are shown on the homescreen.
    All the more reason to buy BerryBuzz IMO. You don't get numbers but you do at least know what you have waiting due to diff. color indicators.
    04-20-09 10:50 AM
    I would like to suggest adding another "blade" to this "Swiss Army Knife". How about an option to change the sound Profile when charging the phone and setting to another profile when the charger is unplugged? That way when you plug in the charger the lock would disengage and the Sound Profile would we changed to your selected option (default would be ALL Alerts OFF). When you unplug the phone the Sound Profile would change to your preset option (default would be LOAD) and the phone would lock.

I can do this now using another app in combination with PatternLock. But, who needs two apps when one will do?
    04-20-09 10:54 AM
    PatternLock has been updated to version 1.0.7

NEW IN VERSION 1.0.7
    --------------------------------
    - Ability to use a dot more than once in a pattern
    - Small arrows will show up in the pattern pointing from one dot to the next. These can be turned off in the options.

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post (TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO GET IT FOR $0.99)
    04-20-09 11:21 AM
    i don't know if it's just me , but an update every 6 hours is getting kinda annoying.

how about holding off for a few days when adding multiple features.

how many times am i going to need to re-install and reset my device ?
    04-20-09 11:26 AM
    i don't know if it's just me , but an update every 6 hours is getting kinda annoying.

Bring on the updates!!! I reset twice a day anyway...for other things such as themes....Im really enjoying the stellar updates considering the app was only $0.99. Can't imagine how much other apps would evolve if they provided this type of support.
    04-20-09 11:29 AM

I have absolutely no problem with the updates. Some people complain over too much and some for too little... nobody is ever happy it seems... (not an attack to you btw)
    04-20-09 11:29 AM
    No problem taf keep the updates coming. People will complain about anything.

If its getting annoying dont download it. Or better yet download the current version 3-4 days later. Another option DELETE IT.

I am still trying to find out how to completely turn off patternlock though. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by dukins; 04-20-09 at 11:38 AM.
    04-20-09 11:32 AM

You do not need to install every update. We try to make detailed release notes for every update so you know exactly what changed. If you feel like the new features/fixes are not applicable to you, feel free to just ignore the update. I believe you can also turn off update notifications if you find them annoying.
    04-20-09 11:33 AM
    Same here I don't think it should be exactly like the G1 either.

I would like the ability to change the sounds for unlocking/locking.

Oh, I have an issue with unlocking during landscape. During portrait, its great, even when I set it to a simple "L" shape. weird.
    04-20-09 11:33 AM
    No problem taf keep the updates coming. People will complain about anything.

If its getting annoying dont download it delete. Or better yet download the current version 3-4 days later. Another option DELETE IT.

I am still trying to find out how to completely turn off patternlock though. Any suggestions?
    Go into the options and disable "Autolock on device startup" and "Autolock after backlight turns off". This will stop any autolocking behavior and will require you to manually launch PatternLock every time. Also, disable the call screen lock if you don't want that to launch automatically as well.
    04-20-09 11:34 AM

^^ Ummm....you don't have to update! ^^

On the other hand.....Thanks for all the updates, i don't mind at all. It's great to see how developers like Taf care about their product. BTW, awesome job with this app!!
    04-20-09 11:42 AM
1,600 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD