03-28-10 09:27 PM
1,600 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Go to the phone's options icon (a pic of a wrench in the menu somewhere) and PatternLock will be in the list of different submenus.
    04-14-09 03:46 PM
    It would ROCK if RIM allowed developers to bind an application like this to the 'lock' key on the top of the phone but I gather the API doesn't allow that.

I've added this to my Quick Launch bar - it's sweet

Thanks, tafasa!
    How did you do that when it locks the phone? Dont you need the program active in order to place it in quick launch. Its a great idea, one i would like to mimic

thanks
    04-14-09 03:49 PM
    so basically if someone steals your phone, goes to DM, uninstalls pattern lock...

OWNED

Then again, the avg thief probably wouldnt know this ahahaha
    04-14-09 04:33 PM
    so basically if someone steals your phone, goes to DM, uninstalls pattern lock...

OWNED

Then again, the avg thief probably wouldnt know this ahahaha
    I look at it as way to prevent people from looking at my phone if I leave it laying out - if it's stolen, well all bets are off regardless of what you have as phone can be wiped and new OS installed. I have StormGuard installed, so if just some petty thief steals it, I'll be able to send a self destruct code to the phone - or even track it
    Last edited by Bob61; 04-14-09 at 04:38 PM.
    04-14-09 04:36 PM
    BUMP! Up to the top!
    04-14-09 07:36 PM
    One suggestion, I would like it if there was an option for lock right when the backlight is turned off or 1 sec. For me 10 seconds is too long to wait for the lock to enable after the backlight is turned off.
    04-14-09 10:33 PM
    We will look into adding a layer of password protection for the options screen, and the ability to set a maximum number of tries before temporarily locking out for a certain time period.
    looking forward to it! Yo Taf, Check the sig!
    04-14-09 11:13 PM
    i like this alot. my only request would be to add message indicators.
    04-15-09 02:33 AM
    I am running .114 hybrid, and using patternlock with auto lock after 10sec in the setting, i began to notice that my phone would randomly glitch to where my touch screen would stop responding completely.

This happened right after I enabled patternlock to auto lock after the backlight goes off after 10sec. The only way to get my phone functioning again is to battery pull.

I suspected the auto lock to be the problem so I turned it off so that patternlock only activates when I activate it myself. Now the problem is gone.

Anyone else notice this? If patternlock is the culprit, I hope this bug gets fixed by the next release. Other than that I think its a great app!!!

Thanks
    04-15-09 03:33 AM
    I've been totally happy with Pattern Lock. This was almost a no brainer for me at 99 cents. I would also like to see message notification, but it's a great app and I've been loving it so far! Keep up the good work!
    04-15-09 03:40 AM
    I am running .114 hybrid, and using patternlock with auto lock after 10sec in the setting, i began to notice that my phone would randomly glitch to where my touch screen would stop responding completely.

This happened right after I enabled patternlock to auto lock after the backlight goes off after 10sec. The only way to get my phone functioning again is to battery pull.

I suspected the auto lock to be the problem so I turned it off so that patternlock only activates when I activate it myself. Now the problem is gone.

Anyone else notice this? If patternlock is the culprit, I hope this bug gets fixed by the next release. Other than that I think its a great app!!!

Thanks
    I had the same problem but once i turned the owner info off it went away. I think it had something to do with how the screen faded. I dont know if you had that part set to on but i still have mine set to autolock and it works fine again.
    04-15-09 03:45 AM
    I love the app but I agree that ten seconds before a lock is just too long

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 07:42 AM
    Could the app icon be improved any? I love the app and have the lock icon on my front screen. the only problem is that it looks a little 'duplo' in comparison to the rest of my icons.
    04-15-09 07:50 AM
    hey everyone! i dont have a credit card ot buy patternlock on and my lock button is broken due to sand at the beach so i would really appreciate if someone could send me a copy of their app or if someone could buy me a copy for 99 cents. private message me pleaseeee!
    04-15-09 02:12 PM
    i wish it would show if you had a message on the top
    04-15-09 02:34 PM
    hey everyone! i dont have a credit card ot buy patternlock on and my lock button is broken due to sand at the beach so i would really appreciate if someone could send me a copy of their app or if someone could buy me a copy for 99 cents. private message me pleaseeee!
    ....just use a paypal account.
    04-15-09 02:34 PM
    I haven't read through all the posts but the iphone-like slide lock got updated with the Blackberry AppWorld logo as the background and it locks all the buttons. I also have pattern lock and it locks all the buttons as well. I don't know about you guys, but anything is better than the standard lock especially if you use a holster. It always auto-unlocks when I unholster and then hangs for a bit before I can do anything. These two locks have worked perfectly for me
    Last edited by hatch.duffy; 04-15-09 at 02:50 PM.
    04-15-09 02:47 PM
    PatternLock has been updated to version 1.0.3

NEW IN VERSION 1.0.3
    --------------------------------
    - Added the option to enable a sound when the screen unlocks (will not play if your device is on Vibrate, Alerts Off, or Silent)
    - Added 1 second to the choices of inactivity times for autolocking
    - Added the option to secure your pattern with a password. If a password is enabled, then when you view your options in the BlackBerry global options screen, you won't be able to see the pattern until you input your password.
    - Added the option to set a maximum number of failed attempts. When the maximum number is reached, the device will "lock you out". This means you will not be able to input a pattern and the message "Locked Out" will appear. You can choose how long to "lock out" the device when the maximum number of tries is reached.

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post (it is $0.99 only for a limited time)
    04-15-09 02:49 PM
    why cant i receive calls with this app?
    04-15-09 02:49 PM
    I agree I'd LOVE to have message notification. Either way though its so fast to unlock and check it's not a huge deal but if you could see when a message is waiting it would be amazing!
    04-15-09 02:53 PM
    Just updated. Love the sound!
    04-15-09 02:58 PM
    Just updated. Love the sound!
    I get no sound. Where do you set the sound?
    04-15-09 03:09 PM
    I get no sound. Where do you set the sound?
    There is a bug in the 4.7.0.75 OS where sound plays out of the headphone jack in many 3rd party applications. If possible, can you upgrade your OS?
    04-15-09 03:27 PM
    There is a bug in the 4.7.0.75 OS where sound plays out of the headphone jack in many 3rd party applications. If possible, can you upgrade your OS?
    Of course that is possible. But, then there is no guarantee that the same or similar bug would not exist in some future version of the OS.
    04-15-09 03:35 PM
    like when i get an incoming call its too laggy to get the patternlock off so i end up missing the call
    04-15-09 03:55 PM
1,600 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD