I have been using this app since near the beginning & I love it.

Latety I have noticed a new (to me) problem. When I recieve a calendar notification while locked, if the voice dial convenience key is depressed before dismissing the notice, the voice dial function is activated & this unlocks the phone. After this the phone will not lock with the lock button or with the screen dimming. If you go to the app switcher, patternlock is running and if you select it the phone will then lock.

I do not know if it matters but I am running a 4.7.0.151 / 5.0.0.100 / 4.7.1.40 hybrid (runs very smooth), have "assign to lock key" on, and "allow hands free while locked" on.

I do not know if this is new or not. It was only recently that I have been putting the phone in my pocket & ignoring the notifications while on vacation. (normaly I keep the phone in a holster and clear notifications in a timely fashion before the button can be pressed accidentaly)
    Last edited by DD456; 07-30-09 at 10:09 AM.
    07-27-09 02:59 PM
    great application!
    07-27-09 03:01 PM
    I downloaded the trial version of this app and loved it so much i bought the full version. I have nothing but good things to say. Runs so smooth I love it. I only have 2 things i would like to be able to do. One is to have a blackberry messenger and facebook notification when locked. The second is to also keep the pattern lock screen in portrait only when it comes up for the applications. Or maybe either of these are already available to do?
    07-28-09 08:23 AM
    I downloaded the trial version of this app and loved it so much i bought the full version. I have nothing but good things to say. Runs so smooth I love it. I only have 2 things i would like to be able to do. One is to have a blackberry messenger and facebook notification when locked. The second is to also keep the pattern lock screen in portrait only when it comes up for the applications. Or maybe either of these are already available to do?
    there's no way to show the icons other than text and email, the portrait lock is only available for the phone lock screen, but could be included in a future update

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by dsquared2; 07-28-09 at 10:06 AM.
    07-28-09 10:04 AM
    Hey guys, i'm running 5.0 on my blackberry storm and it's cool so i decided to add one of my favorite apps on it which is patternlock, everything works its just that when i set it to start on lock key and i press the lock key the app pops up but the actual blackberry lock opens over it so i have to press the lock key on top first then enter my pattern. Has anyone else had this problem or a fix for it?
    07-28-09 08:37 PM
    Patternlock 1.1.8.2

::: This is a very long thread so my apologies if this issue has been brought up here or elsewhere :::

I've been using Pattern lock for quite some time now, through at least 2 or 3 OS leaks, one official, and now .151 Loving it so far and its exactly what I was looking for to replace the standard screen lock mechanism.

After upgrading to .151, my screen rotation lock in Patternlock doesn't seem to work anymore. I have the setting to unlock in 'Portrait' view only. When I hit my side button to quickly pull up Patternlock it locks in Portrait mode just fine. But when I go to unlock the phone Patternlock will come up in Portrait mode, then rotate into landscape mode. Sometimes it'll bounce back and forth and end up back in the portrait mode again, and other times it stays in landscape, despite the fact that I'm hold it in portrait mode (I hold the phone and unlock it with one hand).

I've been playing with this and the problem seems to only happen when I go to unlock the phone (the backlight has been off for some time). If I engage pattern lock and immediately rotate the heck out of it, the problem doesn't occur.

Has anyone else experienced this? is there a known workaround or fix?

Thanks
    07-29-09 05:54 PM
    Hey tafasa is it possible for when enable pattern lock for media to show the pic instead of the numbers. It's a little hasle for me because i have to exit the option then go to my media and remember the #. So i figure this option i suggested would make it easier. If anything pm me or if you want my pin # let me know.
    08-15-09 09:42 PM
    Hey tafasa is it possible for when enable pattern lock for media to show the pic instead of the numbers. It's a little hasle for me because i have to exit the option then go to my media and remember the #. So i figure this option i suggested would make it easier. If anything pm me or if you want my pin # let me know.
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Are you talking about picking a picture for the background?
    08-15-09 11:23 PM
    Yes that's what I'm talking about.

08-16-09 12:07 AM
    The problem is that PatternLock has no access to the internal thumbnail database that is built up, which means PatternLock would have to build its own. This isn't an easy process, nor a fast one (you can see that the device takes a while to build up your thumbnails the first time you go into these folders). Clicking on an image will put a preview in the preview box, and then clicking the button to select an image again will take you back to the same folder you were just in, so you could use that method to check images as well. We will look for a fast way of displaying these thumbnails, and see if there is an efficient way of including this feature. Thanks for the suggestion.
    08-16-09 06:30 AM
    How about an unlock upon upholstering. If the phone is in my holster I "should" be the only one taking it out and looking at it. Then I would only have to unlock it if it was out laying somewhere. What ya think?

08-16-09 08:08 AM
    No problem tafasa.

08-16-09 08:20 AM
    Hey tafasa coming out with any update or any ideas on the next update whats it going to include i'm just curious.
    08-16-09 09:28 AM
    Great app, I've been using it since it's release.

I have a question I've been meaning to ask...

Would it be possible to have PatternLock show the name and artist of a song that's playing? It's nice to be able to increase/decrease the volume, go forward or back through the songs all while PatternLock is engaged. But currently, in order to find out what the track name and artist is you have to unlock the phone.

This would be extremely beneficial, especially while driving.

Is this possible?
    09-02-09 03:01 PM
    I'd also like if you could make it so the phone won't open while the bb is locked? Lots of times it freezes when I unlock it and its bc the phones randomly running

09-02-09 04:17 PM
    I guess no update yet
    09-02-09 06:25 PM
    When trying to run the app i get" Patternlock is requesting changes to application control Permissions."

Click "View"

Interactions = Deny and will not change to "Allow"
    Input Simulation = Deny and will not give me any options

I have tried changing the permissions under setup/applications and i have reinstalled twice and nothing.

Any suggestions?
    I am having the same issue. Was there ever a resoluation?

Thanks!
    09-03-09 11:29 AM
    This app is pretty much perfect. Just need it to be stable with 5.0 and hope this app works with the 9550 lol. I can't live without PatternLock. Although, dont know if this was mentioned before but the application lock is always off center in landscape. it doesn't bother me too much just noticeable.
    09-03-09 01:20 PM
    I love PatternLock but the lack of updates and the broken features are starting to bother me. I still haven't been able to backup and restore my settings correctly.
    09-04-09 09:55 AM
    I love PatternLock but the lack of updates and the broken features are starting to bother me. I still haven't been able to backup and restore my settings correctly.
    You're kidding right? Take some time and READ this thread and see how much work Tafasa has put into this program, especially user requests.
    09-04-09 10:03 AM
    I love this app. I'm wondering when the next update comes out what its gonna include.

09-04-09 11:05 AM
    Since release, PatternLock has had 33 updates. Each one added new features making the application many times more useful. The application is probably 10x the application it was at release time, and many thanks go to the community for helping shape the application with suggestions (in return we offered every update as a free one).

PatternLock hasn't seen any updates recently because it has reached a stable state, and is so feature rich that there isn't really much more room for logical additions. We have no known issues on the table that haven't been resolved by either changing a few settings, or fixing a user error. Please contact our support email for assistance. If there are any reproducible issues that you have run into, email them to the support address and they will be looked into promptly. If in fact an error is found within the application itself, then an update will be issued with a fix as soon as one is found. To our knowledge, and from the feedback we get from our users, there are no "broken features". Please refer to the FAQ on our website for quick answers to common questions: Tafasa :: Support / FAQ
    09-04-09 11:25 AM
    That's tafasa doing his thing. Hey tafasa you have any new apps coming out soon.

09-04-09 11:32 AM
    Since release, PatternLock has had 33 updates. Each one added new features making the application many times more useful. The application is probably 10x the application it was at release time, and many thanks go to the community for helping shape the application with suggestions (in return we offered every update as a free one).

PatternLock hasn't seen any updates recently because it has reached a stable state, and is so feature rich that there isn't really much more room for logical additions. We have no known issues on the table that haven't been resolved by either changing a few settings, or fixing a user error. Please contact our support email for assistance. If there are any reproducible issues that you have run into, email them to the support address and they will be looked into promptly. If in fact an error is found within the application itself, then an update will be issued with a fix as soon as one is found. To our knowledge, and from the feedback we get from our users, there are no "broken features". Please refer to the FAQ on our website for quick answers to common questions:
    I apologize that my previous post was a bit harsh/bitchy. I do really appreciate the work that you've put into PatternLock and I honestly consider it one of the top programs available for the Storm. My only real issue is that I have to completely redo all of the settings whenever I upgrade my OS due to an issue with the backup/restore feature. When I try and preform a backup it allows me to select the location but when I try and hit the green checkmark nothing happens until I tap the screen. When I tap the screen I get an Okay button with no other text visible. It appears to create a backup file but I have been unable to restore from said file. I've had this issue ever since purchasing and since purchasing there haven't been any program updates since I only bought it a few months ago. I'm just trying to explain where I was coming from with the previous post. I was a little peeved due to not being able to restore from a backup. The only other problems I've had other than that are negligible. Sometimes the screen orientation doesn't stay portrait only and sometimes I get "ghost" text message alerts (It shows a bunch of messages when I have none).

Again, sorry for the douchey comment and keep up the awesome work.
    09-04-09 12:23 PM
    Curious to know if there is a way to use patternlock to lock individual apps. Has anyone done this yet?
    09-08-09 07:59 PM
1,600 ... 5960616263 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD