Also if you unlock the main patterlock if a program is running in the background behind patterlock it doesn't ask for the password again? Or have a second patter for the applications?
    06-17-09 06:06 AM
    I'm not entirely sure what is wrong because the GPS feature hasn't really changed in a while, nor has the main locking mechanism. To be honest, I still don't understand what the problem is exactly. You are saying PatternLock will no longer automatically engage? What could be happening is that your device is having a hard time getting a GPS position fix (since GPS has known problems on Verizon), and the lock will not engage until it gets a location or the GPS times out if you have at least one location set.
    Ok, I will just keep trying to find a fix with the settings. Thanks for the help!
    06-17-09 08:57 AM
    First off tafasa I LOVE your app! So many people like to take my phone and dig through the apps such that I have on it. Especially my different browsers. Having the ability to lock out different parts of the phone is amazingly useful! The only two questions I have are these: the pattern lock doesn't show up when the media is selected like I chose in the options under apps to block. Is there a fix for this? I don't want people listening to my musicor looking at my friends pics. Also I agree with what someone else asked earlier. Can we assign differenttlock patterns to different apps in the future? Thank you so much for your hard work and wonderful design!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 10:08 AM
    Honestly, this message is so disrespectful... The owner of the app posts here everyday, updates the app constantly. How can you type a message like that with such blatant disrespect? Do you have any shame? You're not even trying to hide your illegal ways, you instead bring it to the forefront of the program developer in this very forum that he created? I think you owe it to Tafasa to go find your wallet, take out the credit card, put in the number and buy his app, not for the money... but for principle... and making up for being extremely inconsiderate...
    Wow. Calm down. First of all, it was a joke- I simply read a few posts of people getting theirs for free and I was curious as to why (turns out Tafasa was giving away a few app for free for people to try). Second of all, I DID end up buying the app because I liked it so much. Why don't you concern yourself with something more worthwhile and don't take every post (which really has nothing to do with you) so personally? Sheesh. Take a zoloft or something chief.

06-17-09 04:56 PM
    Agreed.
    That was a pretty lame of taoqueen.
    We all know the economy is in the toilet... but there's no call for being a rude cheap a s s, and not paying for Tafasa for his hard work on this app.

Shame on you!
    Dude, I was just curious about the coupon or whatever it was that some people on here were able to d/l the app for free. I did end up buying the app so just simmer aight? I was half joking. And awesome job Tafasa, the app is bombin.
    06-17-09 05:27 PM
    hey tafsa, just an idea, and if anyone can do it im sure its you!

In pattern lock, can you make it so that when the phone goes upside down it locks? There is app like htis for android and it works well. For most people, when you slide your phone into your pocket, you put it in your pocket, topside first, so it goes upside down. Just an idea!
    06-17-09 05:29 PM
    Wow. Calm down. First of all, it was a joke- I simply read a few posts of people getting theirs for free and I was curious as to why (turns out Tafasa was giving away a few app for free for people to try). Second of all, I DID end up buying the app because I liked it so much. Why don't you concern yourself with something more worthwhile and don't take every post (which really has nothing to do with you) so personally? Sheesh. Take a zoloft or something chief.

... and it begins again ... It does actually concern me. If you saw somebody getting robbed on the street, you wouldn't do anything because it doesn't "concern" you? And also, this is a public forum you posted in, which means the public usually reply. Come on... It seemed like your message was implying illegal means of acquiring the program, and how could we tell that you were joking...? Thank you for buying the app, however... it was nice of you to do that, and shows that you are not purely egotistical as you came across initially ... And by the way, Zoloft is an anti-depressant; usually not used for this type of situation... (just a fast fact for ya)
    06-18-09 01:32 AM
    It would ROCK if RIM allowed developers to bind an application like this to the 'lock' key on the top of the phone but I gather the API doesn't allow that.

EDIT:: I need to add this to my Quick Launch bar - it's sweet

Thanks, tafasa!
    Took the words right out of my mouth. I would love to set the Stormslider to my lock key. Ah well.
    06-18-09 09:00 AM
    I second the upside down option. That would just about be the only thing could think of to make this app better.

06-18-09 11:50 AM
    Ive done some reading, perhaps I missed it, but I have a question.

I am still trying to make up my mind on this, but; when setting your application lock pattern / lock pattern, are you able to criss-cross / go over the same point? Or can you only use a point once?

Sorry if this has been answered...

Debating this app, but Im not certain I need it, or want it enough for the 3$ (Though Im slowly being sold on it)

BTW; any Hybrid users have this app?

Cheers
    06-18-09 12:47 PM
    Ive done some reading, perhaps I missed it, but I have a question.

I am still trying to make up my mind on this, but; when setting your application lock pattern / lock pattern, are you able to criss-cross / go over the same point? Or can you only use a point once?

Sorry if this has been answered...

Debating this app, but Im not certain I need it, or want it enough for the 3$ (Though Im slowly being sold on it)

Cheers
    Yes you can crisscross and go back over dots your already selected. :-)

06-18-09 01:18 PM
    ... and it begins again ... It does actually concern me. If you saw somebody getting robbed on the street, you wouldn't do anything because it doesn't "concern" you? And also, this is a public forum you posted in, which means the public usually reply. Come on... It seemed like your message was implying illegal means of acquiring the program, and how could we tell that you were joking...? Thank you for buying the app, however... it was nice of you to do that, and shows that you are not purely egotistical as you came across initially ... And by the way, Zoloft is an anti-depressant; usually not used for this type of situation... (just a fast fact for ya)
    You're comparing me downloading an application on a phone with someone getting robbed on the street- that's hilarious! It's also hilarious how you say I'm egotistical because I asked how some had received a free copy of Patternlock as they had mentioned in the forum. Maybe you should pop a Zoloft anyway, you know, just to let it all go.

Egotistical: given to talking about oneself; vain; boastful; opinionated. PS: just a fast fact for ya
    06-19-09 12:15 AM
    You're comparing me downloading an application on a phone with someone getting robbed on the street- that's hilarious! It's also hilarious how you say I'm egotistical because I asked how some had received a free copy of Patternlock as they had mentioned in the forum. Maybe you should pop a Zoloft anyway, you know, just to let it all go.

Egotistical: given to talking about oneself; vain; boastful; opinionated. PS: just a fast fact for ya
    Oh yea, of course now it's just you "downloading an application to your phone" ... you don't wanna mention the illegal copies you were trying to coerce people into giving you, earlier... Maybe you could give me a Zoloft from your stash since you're all concerned with my mental health... But I do admire that you're changing... at least you weren't too lazy and cheap enough to go buy a dictionary and look up the meaning of 'egotistical' in the dictionary as you were about buying the app. (pulling out your wallet, taking out your credit card, etc, etc, etc)...
    06-19-09 11:54 PM

Cheers
    Yep.
    Been running multiple hybrids while using this app, with no issues whatsoever.
    I'm currently running BBC's V.7/ shrink-a-OS/ and some other goodies that I've been experimenting with... no problems.

Oh and... chalk-up another request for the upside down instant lock (Android). That would make this app even more kick-tail.
    06-20-09 03:15 AM
    There is an option to show owner information when Patternlock engages. The owner information text is small... maybe too small. How about including an option to select the text size for that information? Maybe just have an option to have the same text size as the Storm's default lock?
    06-22-09 08:55 AM
    Is there a way to use the themes back round picture for the picture when the phone is locked with patternlock?

06-22-09 05:22 PM
    you will have to find the picture online or ask for it from the developer then set it as the backround picture for patternlock
    06-22-09 05:29 PM
    Trying to figure out more about the "Assign to Lock Key" feature. i downloaded the lite version; is this feature available for it?

btw very cool app.
    06-30-09 12:02 PM
    Trying to figure out more about the "Assign to Lock Key" feature. i downloaded the lite version; is this feature available for it?

btw very cool app.
    The assign to lock key feature is only available in the full version of the application. A more comprehensive list of features only available in the full version can be found on the PatternLock Lite product page in the store. Here is the explanation of the assign to lock key feature:

"Ability to assign PatternLock to the lock key: This option can only be used by devices that do not have a password enabled using the BlackBerry built-in security system. Locking using the lock key is slower than launching it directly using a convenience key. You will see the built-in lock screen appear momentarily and then it will be replaced by PatternLock."
    06-30-09 12:42 PM
    The assign to lock key feature is only available in the full version of the application. A more comprehensive list of features only available in the full version can be found on the PatternLock Lite product page in the store. Here is the explanation of the assign to lock key feature:

"Ability to assign PatternLock to the lock key: This option can only be used by devices that do not have a password enabled using the BlackBerry built-in security system. Locking using the lock key is slower than launching it directly using a convenience key. You will see the built-in lock screen appear momentarily and then it will be replaced by PatternLock."
    Very cool. love the app and will mos def pay for it. Thanks!
    06-30-09 12:56 PM
    I'm running version 1.1.8.2.

Been using Pattern lock for at least a month now, and every once in a while i'll get this strange behavior.

I'll pick up the PatternLocked phone, and when i touch the screen or any of the buttons (besides lock), the phone just stays black. When i press the lock button, the Pattern Lock screen instantly appears. Then i can unlock as normal.

Other times, the screen will turn on, but it just shows the traditional Storm Lock screen. Again, when i press the Lock button the PatternLock screen instantly appears.

It's doesn't happen all of the time, maybe once or twice a day (out of maybe 50 locks).

Anyone have any thoughts? or seen this behavior themselves?

Thanks,
    Mangle
    07-02-09 10:25 AM
    how do i get a free copy of the patternlock app!
    07-02-09 11:39 AM
    how do i get a free copy of the patternlock app!
    You download PatternLock Lite from the app store. It doesn't have all the features of the full version. There is a separate thread that tells the differences. If you want the full version you will have to pay $2.99.

07-02-09 11:49 AM
    Well worth the money. This helps a lot. Like others I wish it would show bbm and facebook notifications. However this by no means was a deal braker.

07-02-09 12:00 PM
    Not sure If i'd call this a bug or not, but running the newest version, If I set the it to activate when dim, but no on the holster, it still activates when placed in the holster. Maybe this has been covered, I searched but may have missed an answer. Can anyone confirm this?
    07-02-09 07:57 PM
1,600 ... 5657585960 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD