that would really confuse me. i would end up locking myself out of my phone.
    yeah, but the option would be nice. My girlfriend nows the unlock pattern to the phone but if I had a different pattern for apps then I would be SET!
    06-07-09 12:15 AM
    To help us find the cause of this problem: do you have PatternLock set to be locked in Portrait? Was your device in landscape prior to trying to unlock? There were no changes to the main PatternLock locking mechanism in this latest release.

Yes I had settings set to portrait mode only and when the screen dimmed and it locked it was in landscape mode and that is when I have the issue. When I let it dim in portrait mode and unlocked in portrait mode it seems to work fine.

I installed 1.1.8.1 and all is good now!!!

thanks
    06-07-09 01:40 AM
    One other weird quirk is that the app lock screen is always in landscape mode regardless of orientation... not a real issue for me but I have my reg lock set to portrait only then if I use the app lock it is in landscape only. Just weird but it works so I'm happy!
    06-07-09 01:51 AM
    works fine for me so far after the newest update. I like it. The Blacked out screen looks great.

And i agree with a second pattern option for the Apps itself. You can have a check box, click here to add a second pattern if you want for apps. Or something like that. That way if someone doesn't want it, they just leave that box blank and no harm, no foul

edit: also ability to edit the colors for the Lock for Apps would be nice. I hate having the correct path light up super bright, like to keep it black so unless you did it yourself, you can't tell what was done
    06-07-09 01:55 AM
    One other weird quirk is that the app lock screen is always in landscape mode regardless of orientation... not a real issue for me but I have my reg lock set to portrait only then if I use the app lock it is in landscape only. Just weird but it works so I'm happy!
    I can't seem to reproduce this problem. The application lock will not lock orientation and will follow the orientation of whatever application it is locking. Do you have an orientation locking application that is locking the orientation to landscape for these applications? Does it happen every time you enter a locked application?

EDIT: I think I found the issue, but I wanted to confirm with you. If you rotate your screen when it shows up in landscape to landscape and then back to portrait, will the application lock rotate with you? If it does and appears in portrait, unlock. Then exit the application and re-enter, does it reappear in portrait now? It seems to hold its last orientation under some circumstances. I'll look into a fix.
    Last edited by tafasa; 06-07-09 at 05:56 AM.
    06-07-09 05:44 AM
    PatternLock version 1.1.8.2 has been uploaded. As before, the version number hasn't been officially changed yet. If initial reactions to this build are positive (ie. no reported issues) then it will be officially released and the version number updated.

NEW IN VERSION 1.1.8.2
    ---------------------------------
    - Fixes an issue where the application lock can hold its last orientation the next time it locks.

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post.

NOTE: If you are having any problems with PatternLock, please first try to uninstall, restart, and then reinstall the application.
    06-07-09 06:20 AM
    Just bought the sop. Missed out on the .99 cents sale but still very pleased with the purchase. Keep up to great work. I love all the options I have!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 10:09 AM
    Hey Taf,

i upgraded to .148 and i lost pattern lock. When i tried to reinstall it from crackberry app store, it's asking me to purchase it. i've already paid for it. what do i do? thanks in advance!!

-AC5
    06-07-09 11:21 AM
    Sometimes when the lock is engaged and I press the screen, instead of the PatternLock dots appearing, the screen will stay black and the Show Keyboard, Switch Application, and Close choices appear. If I click on Close the phone unlocks. It has happened with different applications (phone, email, etc.), but the last time it happened I had a message I was replying to open when it locked. When I clicked close it unlocked to the message I was writing when it locked. I didn't do anything to see if it would happen again and this time when I pressed the screen the regular PatternLock dots appeared. Any ideas? Oh, I'm running the official .148.
    I have a similar issue to this. When it is locked i will get the show keyboard, full menu, close screen also and when i try and click on something my screen will start to flicker repeatedly between the dots and that menu. There isnt anything i can do but wait about 15 seconds for it to stop and then unlock. This has happened maybe about 5 or 6 times. Any thought?
    06-07-09 11:56 AM
    I have a similar issue to this. When it is locked i will get the show keyboard, full menu, close screen also and when i try and click on something my screen will start to flicker repeatedly between the dots and that menu. There isnt anything i can do but wait about 15 seconds for it to stop and then unlock. This has happened maybe about 5 or 6 times. Any thought?
    Are you running the latest version that is up now (1.1.8.2)?
    06-07-09 01:05 PM
    Hey Taf,

i upgraded to .148 and i lost pattern lock. When i tried to reinstall it from crackberry app store, it's asking me to purchase it. i've already paid for it. what do i do? thanks in advance!!

-AC5
    Email support at tafasa dot com and we'll help sort this out. MobiHand seems to have lots of problems with their free upgrades system.
    06-07-09 01:06 PM
    PatternLock version 1.1.8.2 has been officially released. Please refer to earlier posts to see the change log between this build and the last released build: 1.1.8.

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post.

NOTE: If you are having any problems with PatternLock, please first try to uninstall, restart, and then reinstall the application.
    06-07-09 06:01 PM
    Thanks and the new update fixed all my issues... As for the orientation problem I had with app lock it was due to me having stoptilt installed and locking that app so that was all on my end. Sorry for any problem there.

Thanks for the great work and love your apps!
    06-07-09 07:03 PM
    I noticed there is an option to show Notification Icons (email, SMS & MMS) but what about blackberry messenger? I'm sure you don't want to start up a whole list since it seems like everything has an icon these days (all IMs, facebook, myspace, etc) but I thought the BBIM might be different since it is at least a built in item.

One more thing, and forgive me if I missed it during my search for "voicemail" but I was wondering if there is a way to setup the call lock feature of patternlock to not lock when calling voicemail? It would allow me to enter a phone number, but no special characters, so I can't add *86 to the exception list.

Thanks in advance for the help and reading my idea. (Typed this up while upgrading to the new version)
    Last edited by MajikUF; 06-07-09 at 07:49 PM. Reason: grammar error :P
    06-07-09 07:46 PM
    I noticed there is an option to show Notification Icons (email, SMS & MMS) but what about blackberry messenger? I'm sure you don't want to start up a whole list since it seems like everything has an icon these days (all IMs, facebook, myspace, etc) but I thought the BBIM might be different since it is at least a built in item.

One more thing, and forgive me if I missed it during my search for "voicemail" but I was wondering if there is a way to setup the call lock feature of patternlock to not lock when calling voicemail? It would allow me to enter a phone number, but no special characters, so I can't add *86 to the exception list.

Thanks in advance for the help and reading my idea. (Typed this up while upgrading to the new version)
    At the moment, there doesn't seem to be a way for third party applications to access other types of application indicators that show up on the homescreen (such as BlackBerry Messenger). If a way is found, it will be included in an update.

If you want to add a phone number to the do not lock list, then you just need to include the number (digits only) as it shows on the in-call screen. For example, if the in call screen shows "+1 (555) 123-4567" you would enter 15551234567" in PatternLock. Just ignore any none digit characters when entering it PatternLock as it will only consider the numbers.
    06-07-09 07:58 PM
    tafasa, thanks for making it be able to lock certain apps! thats great
    06-07-09 07:59 PM
    If you want to add a phone number to the do not lock list, then you just need to include the number (digits only) as it shows on the in-call screen. For example, if the in call screen shows "+1 (555) 123-4567" you would enter 15551234567" in PatternLock. Just ignore any none digit characters when entering it PatternLock as it will only consider the numbers.
    Thanks for the quick response. So, I guess if I hold down the 1 key, it calls my voicemail and I see my own phone number there, so I will add that and see if it works.

Thanks
    Maj
    06-07-09 08:00 PM
    Are you running the latest version that is up now (1.1.8.2)?
    Yes i am. Also it will randomly just freeze on the pattern screen and i cant push anything or do anything. i remember it did this back when you first added the owner info to the app so i had it checked on dont show for a while but it started to work after one of the updates. I just turned that part off again so i will see if that does it. any other thoughts. i know it isnt freezing because of memory because when it unfreezes i looked and it was at 44.
    06-08-09 12:51 AM
    Yes i am. Also it will randomly just freeze on the pattern screen and i cant push anything or do anything. i remember it did this back when you first added the owner info to the app so i had it checked on dont show for a while but it started to work after one of the updates. I just turned that part off again so i will see if that does it. any other thoughts. i know it isnt freezing because of memory because when it unfreezes i looked and it was at 44.
    Not sure what is going on here on your device. The main PatternLock screen has not been changed in recent builds. Have you tried doing an uninstall > reset > reinstall?
    06-08-09 05:18 AM
    Just tried to download the update and it said the following:

"Mobile Download
    Error: You have already downloaded this software.
    Please contact customer support if you need further assistance.
    Please contact customer support if you need further assistance."
    Last edited by Bigslam123; 06-08-09 at 09:53 AM.
    06-08-09 09:36 AM
    Just tried to download the update and it said the following:

"Mobile Download
    Please contact customer support if you need further assistance.
    Please contact customer support if you need further assistance."
    Email support at tafasa dot com and we'll help sort this out. MobiHand seems to have lots of problems with their free upgrades system.
    Only a page back..
    06-08-09 10:03 AM
    How do I get the upgrade if I bought this from App World?
    06-08-09 10:35 AM
    Tafasa,

Simply outstanding customer support! I have another question. Have you considered porting this program to a scroll wheel equipped Blackberry like the Curve 8330 (I happen to have one ). I would love to be able to use PatternLock on my other Blackberry!

Regards,
    ReedZ
    06-08-09 03:32 PM
    Tafasa,

Simply outstanding customer support! I have another question. Have you considered porting this program to a scroll wheel equipped Blackberry like the Curve 8330 (I happen to have one ). I would love to be able to use PatternLock on my other Blackberry!

Regards,
    ReedZ
    We considered it, but it didn't seem to make too much sense. On a device like that which has a keyboard, typing in a password seems to be much easier and faster. PatternLock, at its core, was meant to be a faster and funner way to unlock your Storm. Using a trackball to try to trace a pattern seems quite error prone and possibly very frustrating.

How do I get the upgrade if I bought this from App World?
    The update is still awaiting RIM's approval. Once it is approved, it will appear in the App World as well.
    06-08-09 05:16 PM
    Taf,

As we all know how hard you worked on PatternLock and the amazing beast of an app it has become, I can't help but wonder... What other projects for the BB storm are you currently working on? If you don't mind my asking... I only ask because I need more from Tafasa Apps... I own almost all of your apps and am really quite pleased... I play Parking Lot/Code Breaker pretty much all the time when I get down time at work... So.. what else ya working on?
    06-08-09 05:27 PM
1,600 ... 5455565758 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD