06-06-09 02:48 PM
    that picture looks like compatibility mode is enabled?
    install it again, if that still shows, look in:
    options > advanced options > applications > patternlock > bbmenu > check and c if compatibility mode is on or not > if it says "disable compatibility mode" click it
    06-06-09 02:51 PM
    Thank you DriftDevil. Yes, the application is in compatibility mode on your device. Sometimes the Storm mistakenly puts applications in this mode. Follow DriftDevil's instructions and that should resolve that issue for you.
    06-06-09 02:57 PM
    SO it finally downloaded correctly, however I still cannot change the background picture....
    06-06-09 02:58 PM
    Thank you DriftDevil. Yes, the application is in compatibility mode on your device. Sometimes the Storm mistakenly puts applications in this mode. Follow DriftDevil's instructions and that should resolve that issue for you.
    Thanks, that's what allowed me to install it correctly again.

However, the picture issue is still there...

(Tafasa - amazing app!!! the paid app out there btw)
    06-06-09 03:01 PM
    SO it finally downloaded correctly, however I still cannot change the background picture....
    None of the folders show pictures? Have you clicked the up arrow next to the "..." to move up the folder directory and move around your device to other folders? That screen is a file explorer that starts by default in your device's Pictures folder.
    06-06-09 03:02 PM
    None of the folders show pictures? Have you clicked the up arrow next to the "..." to move up the folder directory and move around your device to other folders? That screen is a file explorer that starts by default in your device's Pictures folder.
    FIXED...my own stupidity...the up arrow and the "...' are separate buttons

***TO ALL WHO ARE UNSURE ABOUT PURCHASING***
    ***SPEND THE TINY AMOUNT FOR AN AMAZING APP***
    06-06-09 03:08 PM
    Any chance you can make the individual app locking feature black out the rest of the screen so you can't see the corners

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 03:26 PM
    Sometimes when the lock is engaged and I press the screen, instead of the PatternLock dots appearing, the screen will stay black and the Show Keyboard, Switch Application, and Close choices appear. If I click on Close the phone unlocks. It has happened with different applications (phone, email, etc.), but the last time it happened I had a message I was replying to open when it locked. When I clicked close it unlocked to the message I was writing when it locked. I didn't do anything to see if it would happen again and this time when I pressed the screen the regular PatternLock dots appeared. Any ideas? Oh, I'm running the official .148.
    06-06-09 04:10 PM
    Sometimes when the lock is engaged and I press the screen, instead of the PatternLock dots appearing, the screen will stay black and the Show Keyboard, Switch Application, and Close choices appear. If I click on Close the phone unlocks. It has happened with different applications (phone, email, etc.), but the last time it happened I had a message I was replying to open when it locked. When I clicked close it unlocked to the message I was writing when it locked. I didn't do anything to see if it would happen again and this time when I pressed the screen the regular PatternLock dots appeared. Any ideas? Oh, I'm running the official .148.
    Same thing happenning to me with new version.
    06-06-09 05:22 PM
    ditto to above^^

Hit back key twice and it bypasses the unlock screen as does hitting the close button on the menu popup. I've reinstalled and still have the problem must be something in the new update 1.1.8...
    06-06-09 06:50 PM
    Please fix tafasa. Miss this app already.

06-06-09 07:46 PM
    ditto to above^^

Hit back key twice and it bypasses the unlock screen as does hitting the close button on the menu popup. I've reinstalled and still have the problem must be something in the new update 1.1.8...
    To help us find the cause of this problem: do you have PatternLock set to be locked in Portrait? Was your device in landscape prior to trying to unlock? There were no changes to the main PatternLock locking mechanism in this latest release.
    06-06-09 08:36 PM
    I have it set to portrait. It was not in landscape prior to trying to unlock. All settings are the same as previous version. Any chance I could get a copy of the prior version?

06-06-09 09:02 PM
    I have it set to portrait. It was not in landscape prior to trying to unlock. All settings are the same as previous version. Any chance I could get a copy of the prior version?

Is this something you can reproduce easily? If I were to give you a test build, would you be able to test to see if the issue was resolved?
    06-06-09 09:06 PM
    It seems pretty random.

06-06-09 09:16 PM
    Mine is locked to portrait and was in portrait when it locked. It did it again this evening and it locked from the home screen and unlocked with two back key presses to the home screen. I agree that it seems random.
    06-06-09 09:26 PM
    PatternLock version 1.1.8.1 has been uploaded. The version number hasn't been officially changed yet. If initial reactions to this build are positive (ie. no reported issues) then it will be officially released and the version number updated.

NEW IN VERSION 1.1.8.1
    ---------------------------------
    - The application lock will now black out the entire screen and show a lock message alongside the PatternLock field
    - Ability to customize the application lock message
    - Bug fixes

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post.

NOTE: If you are having any problems with PatternLock, please first try to uninstall, restart, and then reinstall the application.
    Last edited by tafasa; 06-06-09 at 10:08 PM.
    06-06-09 09:42 PM
    the option for a second pattern for applications would be nice. So one for the Phone and One different pattern for apps. =)
    06-06-09 10:32 PM
    No random locks since update! Great work (knocks on wood).

06-06-09 10:43 PM
    the option for a second pattern for applications would be nice. So one for the Phone and One different pattern for apps. =)
    that would really confuse me. i would end up locking myself out of my phone.
    06-06-09 11:31 PM
    that would really confuse me. i would end up locking myself out of my phone.
    lolol, +1

hmm, @kc, u seem to be everywhere on these forums tonite lololol (at least the forums im subscribe to, lol)

edit: @kc, u seem to be answering in almost ALL the threads lol (hence three in the row saying "last post: kcpaynev1" lol)
    Last edited by DriftDevil; 06-06-09 at 11:54 PM.
    06-06-09 11:41 PM
    ya im kinda bored just chillin and browsing the forums.
    06-06-09 11:44 PM
    ya im kinda bored just chillin and browsing the forums.
    lol makes sense

i assume this is a minor update (1.8.1) since i never got an email lol
    06-06-09 11:55 PM
    ya it hasnt been "officially" released yet. man tafasa is really on top of his game with this app, it is sick how much time he is putting into this app. he should start chargin more. lol j/k
    06-07-09 12:00 AM
1,600 ... 5354555657 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD