I'm starting to think that RIM's platform is a "little" bit more open then people had once thought.
    (I.E. Manual lock button could not be overridden, It now has)
    (That Dev's could not Lock orientation of phone.. well.. Theres "3" apps for that ;-) )

I'm seeing many of the Dev's prove them selves wrong, which is great!

I do believe CellVants new Lock DOES enable you to not have the screens backlight come up once locked and accidentally clicked.

So, I do believe there is a way for this Taf.

I could be mistaken
    You are right that developers often do find solutions to the roadblocks they face and for that reason I try to stay away from using the phrase "it is not possible" and say things such as "it doesn't seem possible at the moment". It is very hard for any one person to know the entire API, and often, the feature that you are trying to achieve will not be a simple documented feature in the API. However, over time, as we learn more and more about the API and discover new tricks and ways of using different features in the API, these roadblocks can be overcome. A great example was the assign to lock key feature

I am not sure whether the other lock application does in fact accomplish this backlight feature. If it does, and anyone can provide some details of what they see (eg. does the default lock screen engage at all, etc.) when the application behaves this way, it may help overcome this roadblock as well.
    05-29-09 05:38 PM
    Maybe there is a way to do this!

If you set your backlight timeout launch setting to 20 seconds in paternlock... you then hit your 'lock' menu item(default wth phone). The screen dims out and your click screen doesnt turn on the phone anymore! If you hit the hardware lock button within 20 seconds it doesnt toggle PatternLock, but if its been 20 seconds after you hit the software lock button, IT WILL launch patternlock.

This method only works if you do not enable "assign to lock key" or if you just let the screen dimout on its own, you have to hit the physical lock or the software menu lock.

Perhaps you could set this up in such a way where, when PatternLock launches, it toggles or 'hits' the software built-in lock function first?
    I am not sure I understand what you are accomplishing here. Does the backlight not turn on when you click the screen?
    05-29-09 05:39 PM
    In an effort to get even closer to our customers, Tafasa is now on Twitter! Now you can also use Twitter to follow Tafasa applications and hear the latest news, get in touch with us and find out about our special promotions!

Follow us now at: Tafasa Applications (tafasa) on Twitter
    05-29-09 05:59 PM
    I just bought the app and I'm loving it. I didn't know it had so many options awesome.

One request please can you add the option to disable while on BBM.

Thanks. Great job

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 07:58 PM
    I am not sure I understand what you are accomplishing here. Does the backlight not turn on when you click the screen?
    Tafsa, the backlight does NOT turn on when you click the screen.

Ive used it all day like this, its worked great, as long as you hit the built in lock function key or the hardware lock key(and DONT have patternlock assigned to power button),

if you let it dim out, it doesnt lock the screen click function.

I hope that made any sense.

My battery life went up significantly, im guessing the backlight turns on alot in my pocket.
    05-29-09 08:00 PM
    Tafsa, the backlight does NOT turn on when you click the screen.

Ive used it all day like this, its worked great, as long as you hit the built in lock function key or the hardware lock key(and DONT have patternlock assigned to power button),

if you let it dim out, it doesnt lock the screen click function.

I hope that made any sense.

My battery life went up significantly, im guessing the backlight turns on alot in my pocket.
    From what I understand, you are using the default lock on top of PatternLock. If you don't have PatternLock assigned to the lock key and you press the lock key, the default lock will engage. If you have PatternLock set to engage after a certain time, it will engage under the default lock. Because the default lock is on top, your screen clicks won't turn on the screen. If you click the lock key on the top, it will unlock the default lock and display PatternLock again. Is this correctly describing what you are doing? This isn't exactly what is desired as the default lock is really what is engaged here.
    05-29-09 08:13 PM
    From what I understand, you are using the default lock on top of PatternLock. If you don't have PatternLock assigned to the lock key and you press the lock key, the default lock will engage. If you have PatternLock set to engage after a certain time, it will engage under the default lock. Because the default lock is on top, your screen clicks won't turn on the screen. If you click the lock key on the top, it will unlock the default lock and display PatternLock again. Is this correctly describing what you are doing? This isn't exactly what is desired as the default lock is really what is engaged here.
    Yes sir, this is exactly what is happening. To me it is the perfect 'desired' setup. Even when I hit the default lock to turn on the screen, I still need to use PatternLock to get into the OS. To me that is exactly perfect and solves the backlight screen click issues.

Regardles of which lock is engaged here, I lose no functionality of PatternLock and gain the added benefit of the backlight not turning on if I click. Win, win!

Thanks,
    Jon
    05-30-09 02:42 AM
    Yes sir, this is exactly what is happening. To me it is the perfect 'desired' setup. Even when I hit the default lock to turn on the screen, I still need to use PatternLock to get into the OS. To me that is exactly perfect and solves the backlight screen click issues.

Regardles of which lock is engaged here, I lose no functionality of PatternLock and gain the added benefit of the backlight not turning on if I click. Win, win!

Thanks,
    Jon
    I agree that this is a good setup, and for that reason we have the option to assign to the lock key (and when that is set to no, you can do exactly what you describe above). However, we will still keep looking for a way to stop the backlight from turning on while only PatternLock is engaged, and hopefully find a way if it is possible
    05-30-09 05:26 AM
    Hey Taf, one last suggestion. Is there a way that you can turn on/off the option of picking an default image and just use the image from whatever theme you are using? Just gets a little annoying having to ask the developer of a theme to upload the lock screen? When if you had the ability to completely remove a wallpaper and just use whatever stock lock theme you are using at that point in time would be great.

Hope I explained this correctly. Basically disable portrait and landscape background images.

Is there anyway to just have the dot tray show where we could just see the stock lock screen?
    The API seems to only allow the setting of the device wallpaper, and there is no method for getting what the current wallpaper is. That's why the option is there in PatternLock. If a way is found to determine what the current wallpaper is, then it will be included in an update.
    05-30-09 05:58 AM
    Subscribed...

~X

05-30-09 06:50 AM
    Just wanted to point out that not all of the "Owner Info" gets displayed.

Keep up the great work! I'm off to buy your Memory game.

Grabbed Bubble Burst too!

~X

Last edited by xwera43; 05-30-09 at 07:29 AM.
    05-30-09 07:05 AM
    Just wanted to point out that not all of the "Owner Info" gets displayed.

Keep up the great work! I'm off to buy your Memory game.

Grabbed Bubble Burst too!

~X

PatternLock does not automatically wrap the text in your owner info, but it does support multiline text. You can go into your owner info options and add line breaks ("Enter" key) in the middle of your text, and it will show up correctly in PatternLock.
    05-30-09 07:55 AM
    Little off topic: so what's the next great app that you are going to make?

05-30-09 01:00 PM
    IMPORTANT NOTE: MobiHand's developer portal is currently having some problems and won't let us successfully update the version number and release notes, however the new version is online. When you visit the download link, just make sure to click Menu > Refresh to see the latest version

PatternLock has been updated to version 1.1.7.1

NEW IN VERSION 1.1.7.1
    --------------------------------
    - Removed the options for "Disable autolock when media player is playing", "Disable autolock when clock is running", "Disable autolock when camera is running" and added these applications to a "Native Applications" section when you click "Edit List" under "Disable autolock when the following applications are running". IMPORTANT NOTE: Your previous settings for these options will be lost, so please set them again using the new way.
    - The application chooser you get when you click "Edit List" now shows you currently running applications as well so that you can open an application, go to the options, and add it to your 'blacklist' if the application was not already being shown by PatternLock. IMPORTANT NOTE: Adding applications that always run (such as BlackBerry Messenger) to this list will cause PatternLock to never autolock
    - Fixes an issue where PatternLock could stop working under certain conditions when it is assigned to the lock key

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post.
    05-30-09 04:44 PM
    Quick question sorry if it is a repost:
    With patternlock engaged and u click the screen it comes up. Is there a way to have it only come up with the press of a physical button. This would eliminate a lot of accidental screen clicks turning the screen on and wasting battery when in my pocket?

05-30-09 08:17 PM
    OK this may be a silly question...but..I just bought Safebox..the app that allows you to lock individual folders and files..will this program act as the unlock app for this app as well....meaning...if i lock my contact list..will pattern lock pop up to ask me to trace my pattern to unlock it? or do i have to unlock it the original way (by typing in a password)
    06-01-09 06:16 PM
    looks great going to town on it now
    06-01-09 07:52 PM
    OK this may be a silly question...but..I just bought Safebox..the app that allows you to lock individual folders and files..will this program act as the unlock app for this app as well....meaning...if i lock my contact list..will pattern lock pop up to ask me to trace my pattern to unlock it? or do i have to unlock it the original way (by typing in a password)
    No it won't. This is a system wide lock application meant to replace the default BlackBerry system lock.
    06-01-09 08:24 PM
    quick question. Does this app allow me to download via Desktop Manager.

I dont have a data plan but i really want this app on my phone
    06-01-09 09:13 PM
    quick question. Does this app allow me to download via Desktop Manager.

I dont have a data plan but i really want this app on my phone
    No, sorry at the moment all our applications can only be downloaded OTA
    06-01-09 09:22 PM
    thanks for replying.

any future plans on making it DM friendly?
    06-01-09 09:26 PM
    Tafasa,

On previous OS's pattern lock worked really fast. Now on .148 I notice there is significant "delay" when swiping my finger. I have to move my finger extremely slow for the pattern to follow.

Any tips? I have the latest version of patternlock. Also tried a few battery pulls and still slow performance.
    06-02-09 07:50 AM
    Tafasa,

On previous OS's pattern lock worked really fast. Now on .148 I notice there is significant "delay" when swiping my finger. I have to move my finger extremely slow for the pattern to follow.

Any tips? I have the latest version of patternlock. Also tried a few battery pulls and still slow performance.
    It works fine for me, maybe even a little faster with .148.
    06-02-09 07:56 AM
    Taf is there anyway to enhance this app just for opening an app? For example I get all my gmail on my berry and I dont want others who play with my phone to read my emails. Is it possible so when someones clicks on the gmail icon, it asks for the secret pattern?
    06-02-09 11:30 AM
    Bug Report:

After maybe 5 hours or so... PatternLock no longer continues to pop up after dim out or when pressing the physical lock button. The only way to correct this is to do a battery pull.
    06-02-09 01:12 PM
1,600 ... 5051525354 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD