Just ordered this app today about 5 mins ago.. Will it really take a min to send me a confirmation email with the download link? Like 24 hours?!
    Sometimes MobiHand can take a long time to process orders. I would suggest waiting at least a couple of hours (weekends sometimes can be even slower for them) and if you still get nothing, check your My Account page in the store to see if maybe the email just failed to send, but really the purchase completed. If it is still not listed there, you can contact the MobiHand customer support email and they usually can help you out rather quickly.
    05-23-09 03:54 PM
    I'm so impatient sometimes.. It came like 2 secs after I posted my post..
    Oh, nevermind then. Enjoy
    05-23-09 03:54 PM
    *Pattern Lock Security Flaw*

Lock your phone with pattern lock and then call it from another phone. While the call is engaged, hit escape to turn off the screen guard and then escape again. As long as the call is engaged you can snoop through the phone.

Hopefully you can fix it. My idea..

If patternlock was engaged prior to the phone call then note that. If someone leaves the phone screen then re-engage pattern lock.
    05-23-09 07:53 PM
    hey tafasa whats your next great app?
    05-23-09 08:02 PM

Lock your phone with pattern lock and then call it from another phone. While the call is engaged, hit escape to turn off the screen guard and then escape again. As long as the call is engaged you can snoop through the phone.

If patternlock was engaged prior to the phone call then note that. If someone leaves the phone screen then re-engage pattern lock.
    So your saying have it do double duty. Talklock and patternlock. I like it.
    05-23-09 08:18 PM

I kind of like the fact that Pattern lock is disabled during a call. If I need to access other parts of my Storm while in a call I prefer that it happen as fast as possible. No security flaw in my eyes.
    05-23-09 08:21 PM

Use PatternLock style call lock (set it in options). Your flaw is fixed.
    05-23-09 08:33 PM
    Email sent. Thanks for your help. Dont worry about patternlock as I just re-purchased for a buck since it was on sale. But I still need memory, connect four, and bubble burst. I purchased these before they were even on cb or mobihand.

Can you send an email to support at tafasa dot com with a list of all the apps that you are having a problem redownloading, and we'll sort everything out.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by dukins; 05-23-09 at 11:34 PM.
    05-23-09 10:33 PM
    this app mysteriously disappeared from my phone this morning. i did not uninstall it, i use it everyday (activates upon reboot). No idea why. i first noticed the icon was missing, then checked my options folder and it wasn't in there either. whatever, just gonna install again.
    05-24-09 07:25 PM
    So i'm not sure if this is the best place to make requests but I think it would be great if when on a call the screen could lock and then dim. Battery life is tight on the storm as it is and I can only imagine how much is being lost to keep the screen on during long phone calls.
    05-27-09 08:45 PM
    So i'm not sure if this is the best place to make requests but I think it would be great if when on a call the screen could lock and then dim. Battery life is tight on the storm as it is and I can only imagine how much is being lost to keep the screen on during long phone calls.
    there's an option for that...if, you have the newest version
    05-27-09 08:47 PM
    You can enable the call screen lock immediately or after a set period of time. Once engaged, PatternLock will try to dim your screen. However, sometimes if you touch/click the screen before it completely turns off the backlight, the screen can turn the backlight on again. At the moment there doesn't seem to be a way to keep the backlight off regardless of screen clicks. If a way is found to accomplish this, it will be included in an update.
    05-27-09 08:55 PM
    Also, I should mention in this thread (it has been mentioned elsewhere) that PatternLock as well as all other paid Tafasa apps are only $0.99 until the end of May
    05-27-09 08:56 PM
    Ok great, I guess my cheek was probably hitting the screen. I hope there is a way to lock it so that a button has to be pushed to bring it back up.
    05-27-09 08:57 PM
    My pattern lock seems to stop workink after my phone has been on for about 1.5 to 2 days until I do a batt pull anyone else get this?

05-28-09 06:11 PM
    Great application, quick question: if I DONT have the option to bind the lock button to this app enabled, when I hit the lock button and it dims, it enables the lock, which is great because when i click the screen the phone doesnt turn on. BUT if I do bind the lock button the app, when I hit it and it launches then dims... the click turns the screen back on... am i doing something wrong?
    05-29-09 01:04 AM
    Great application, quick question: if I DONT have the option to bind the lock button to this app enabled, when I hit the lock button and it dims, it enables the lock, which is great because when i click the screen the phone doesnt turn on. BUT if I do bind the lock button the app, when I hit it and it launches then dims... the click turns the screen back on... am i doing something wrong?
    Nope, you aren't doing anything wrong. At the moment, there doesn't seem to be a way for third party applications to stop the backlight from turning back on because of screen clicks. If we find a way to get around that, we'll definitely include it in a free update.
    05-29-09 05:34 AM
    Nope, you aren't doing anything wrong. At the moment, there doesn't seem to be a way for third party applications to stop the backlight from turning back on because of screen clicks. If we find a way to get around that, we'll definitely include it in a free update.
    Maybe there is a way to do this!

If you set your backlight timeout launch setting to 20 seconds in paternlock... you then hit your 'lock' menu item(default wth phone). The screen dims out and your click screen doesnt turn on the phone anymore! If you hit the hardware lock button within 20 seconds it doesnt toggle PatternLock, but if its been 20 seconds after you hit the software lock button, IT WILL launch patternlock.

This method only works if you do not enable "assign to lock key" or if you just let the screen dimout on its own, you have to hit the physical lock or the software menu lock.

Perhaps you could set this up in such a way where, when PatternLock launches, it toggles or 'hits' the software built-in lock function first?
    05-29-09 09:50 AM
    Hey Taf, one last suggestion. Is there a way that you can turn on/off the option of picking an default image and just use the image from whatever theme you are using? Just gets a little annoying having to ask the developer of a theme to upload the lock screen? When if you had the ability to completely remove a wallpaper and just use whatever stock lock theme you are using at that point in time would be great.

Hope I explained this correctly. Basically disable portrait and landscape background images.

Is there anyway to just have the dot tray show where we could just see the stock lock screen?
    Last edited by dukins; 05-29-09 at 10:06 AM.
    05-29-09 09:55 AM
    theres alot of pages to read thru but im wondering if it is possible to add a facebook logo like the email and sms icon for alerts when the phone is locked
    05-29-09 10:00 AM
    theres alot of pages to read thru but im wondering if it is possible to add a facebook logo like the email and sms icon for alerts when the phone is locked
    Not yet. Rim doesnt allow it.
    05-29-09 10:09 AM
    I'm starting to think that RIM's platform is a "little" bit more open then people had once thought.
    (I.E. Manual lock button could not be overridden, It now has)
    (That Dev's could not Lock orientation of phone.. well.. Theres "3" apps for that ;-) )

I'm seeing many of the Dev's prove them selves wrong, which is great!

I do believe CellVants new Lock DOES enable you to not have the screens backlight come up once locked and accidentally clicked.

So, I do believe there is a way for this Taf.

I could be mistaken
    05-29-09 10:16 AM
    How do you get it free?

05-29-09 10:42 AM
    You can buy it for $0.99 from the CB app store.

05-29-09 01:32 PM
    How do you get it free?

You can email the developer and see if he will take food stamps..since you can't afford the 99 cents..
    05-29-09 01:47 PM
1,600 ... 4950515253 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD