Just got the program...love it!

One question though: is there a way to prevent the phone from locking if it's been placed into a holster (ie a pouch with magnet) other than to disable automatic locking completely? I have the "Lock Device Upon Holstering" option set to no, but it seems the automatic locking setting (1 minute after backlight turns off) still activates PatternLock. I like having the phone lock after a certain time when it's not in the pouch, but when it's in the pouch I have no need for the lock anymore since the screen is disabled and the phone's in a sort of standby mode.

Sorry if this has been covered...I definitely didn't read through all 81 pages, but I did run a search for "holster" in this thread and didn't come up with anything relevant.
    Last edited by cozper; 05-08-09 at 11:43 PM.
    05-08-09 11:40 PM
    I noticed that my battery was going down by 5% per hour when the phone had Patternlock enabled and in the holster. I checked the Event Log to see what was going on and found a string of about 30 pages of nothing but PatternLock event calls like the program was looping. I turned off the GPS position option and the looping stopped. I will try to recreate the condition and capture a page of the Event Log to send.
    05-09-09 02:59 PM
    Yeah this is the expected behavior. This is the best a third party lock application can do it seems. The problem being reported is that QuickLaunch doesn't go away and stays open, which I can't seem to reproduce.
    It could be the version of storm your using. They are using 9530 and you are a 9500 user.
    05-10-09 10:23 AM
    Is there any lag with pattern lock like with the storm native lock button?
    05-10-09 10:24 AM
    Is there any lag with pattern lock like with the storm native lock button?
    If you use the native lock button and tie it to PatternLock, there will be a lag in activating it. However, I used the native lock with a password before and PatternLock is MUCH easier to get through quickly.
    05-10-09 10:30 AM
    Hey sometimes I'm having a problem where when I try to lock my phone it starts to dim, but nothing happens and doesn't lock at all. I have it set to the lock button on top of the phone. But I also have the option to lock when placed in the holster and if i can't lock it with the top button, I put it into my holster and it works.

But sometimes when I go out I don't take my holster with me and run into the first issue of not being able to lock my phone with out doing a battery pull. I assume this is just a bug, but has anyone else ran into this issue?
    05-10-09 11:27 AM
    Just wanted to say awesome app..Jumped in dring the sale to see all the fuss..
    Was using StormSlider..which is a nice app and still getting there, but not as feature rich. I'm happy I made the move..
    05-12-09 01:21 PM
    I love this app! I also switched from StormSlider to PatternLock...PL is everything I wanted SS to be.
    05-12-09 01:35 PM
    This application is fantastic.

Tafasa- any surprise updates coming up?
    05-14-09 07:35 AM
    Hi taf can you add an option so pattern lock can use the wallpaper of the theme or curent wallpaper as the background?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 07:40 AM
    Hi taf can you add an option so pattern lock can use the wallpaper of the theme or curent wallpaper as the background?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm actually currently doing that. All I've done was applied that specific wallpaper to the patternlock. Is the problem that you don't have the wallpaper as a separate locatable file?
    05-14-09 07:43 AM
    i really love this app and think you've done a great job with it! plus all the updates and capabilities of this app make it one of my favorites and well worth the $$.

just one thought, maybe it was covered or something you may not wanna do and it's purely cosmetic. i was thinking you could make the buttons look 3D and when you slide across them they would change to look like they are being pressed?? it would just make it easier on the eyes, not a functional change.

not sure if i explained well or not?

anyway thanks for such an awesome app!
    05-14-09 08:14 AM
    Pattern Lock Bug:

Settings:

Set to use lock button to lock.
    Set to use a convenience key to lock.

1 of 2. I used the blackberry lock button to lock the phone into pattern lock. If the phone is sideways and you have it set to portrait only mode patter lock will not engage.

2 of 2. I was in text messaging and i just sent a text message. I used the blackberry lock button to lock the phone. when I tried to unlock it was flashing and accepting input and random intervals. I held down BB app button and I could see two patter locks had been invoked. I did a battery pull to disengage, and I have not been able to re create the error.
    05-14-09 09:38 AM
    Can you use this program to lock apps or just the whole phone?
    05-14-09 09:43 AM
    Can you use this program to lock apps or just the whole phone?
    The whole phone.
    05-14-09 09:44 AM
    Ok just wondering, I bought it the other day but my paypal card had expired so I have to wait for the e chack to go through, which it has on my side.
    Thnx for the info though.
    05-14-09 09:48 AM
    I love this app but have one problem. Sometimes patternlock doenst work and I can't unlock my phone at all without doing a battery pull. It's happened 4 or 5 times now. I am running the most updated version also. Anyone else having this problem?
    05-14-09 12:16 PM
    I regularly use Motorola headsets (500 and 350) with my BB9530. When I terminate the call by tapping the bluetooth button, PatternLock does not disengage its screen-lock (which I have set to active 20 seconds into a call). Even though the conversation has terminated, I need to hit the escape button on my blackberry to release the PatternLock call-screen lock. Shouldn't the screen unlock automatically upon termination of the call (whether by hitting the red end button or the bluetooth headset)?

THANKS for a phenomenal piece of software! It's a great program.
    05-14-09 03:29 PM
    Hey Tafasa,

I've run into a weird issue where patternlock keeps engaging while I'm using the camera, or video camera functions. When it does, I have the "camera view feed" ie, whatever the camera is seeing is displayed on the screen, but the phone is locked... but the patternlock screen is not displayed, so you cannot enter your pattern code to unlock it... had to do a battery pull to get out of it.

I've had this happen three times now, using both the camera or video camera functions.

Is there a way you can add them to the exclusions list options (like clock, or media player) ?

OS revision is 4.7.0.122
    05-18-09 05:48 AM
    he hasnt responded to anyone in a while...
    05-19-09 04:31 AM
    Sorry guys, it's been a while since we've posted anything here. Emails are a quicker way to get in touch with us as we will almost certainly see them. Forums are a lot harder to track as things move rather quickly here. I will post back later with more specific replies to people's earlier posts.
    05-19-09 06:07 AM
    I'm sure its been asked before and I'm sorry, but the turn off backlight immediately when lock enables option doesn't seem to do anything for me. Is there a way to make this feature work or am I interpreting its purpose incorrectly?
    05-19-09 03:13 PM
    I love this app but have one problem. Sometimes patternlock doenst work and I can't unlock my phone at all without doing a battery pull. It's happened 4 or 5 times now. I am running the most updated version also. Anyone else having this problem?
    We haven't experienced this problem before, nor can we reproduce the issue. If you can provide steps to reproduce this issue, we will gladly look into this again.

I regularly use Motorola headsets (500 and 350) with my BB9530. When I terminate the call by tapping the bluetooth button, PatternLock does not disengage its screen-lock (which I have set to active 20 seconds into a call). Even though the conversation has terminated, I need to hit the escape button on my blackberry to release the PatternLock call-screen lock. Shouldn't the screen unlock automatically upon termination of the call (whether by hitting the red end button or the bluetooth headset)?

THANKS for a phenomenal piece of software! It's a great program.
    The screen should unlock automatically at the end of the call. We will look into this to see if we can reproduce the problem.

Hey Tafasa,

I've run into a weird issue where patternlock keeps engaging while I'm using the camera, or video camera functions. When it does, I have the "camera view feed" ie, whatever the camera is seeing is displayed on the screen, but the phone is locked... but the patternlock screen is not displayed, so you cannot enter your pattern code to unlock it... had to do a battery pull to get out of it.

I've had this happen three times now, using both the camera or video camera functions.

Is there a way you can add them to the exclusions list options (like clock, or media player) ?

OS revision is 4.7.0.122
    We'll look into the possibility of adding this into a future update.

I'm sure its been asked before and I'm sorry, but the turn off backlight immediately when lock enables option doesn't seem to do anything for me. Is there a way to make this feature work or am I interpreting its purpose incorrectly?
    This feature causes the backlight to dim immediately after the lock engages (or however fast your BlackBerry can do this). Say you have your timeout set to 30 seconds in PatternLock, and you have this option on, then when you lock it will dim right away, and then the backlight will follow the timeout times set in the options for all subsequent times that it turns on. It isn't currently possible (that we know of) to immediately shut off the backlight without having it dim first, so this option just requests the OS turn off the backlight immediately after the lock engages, and then the OS will do it as fast as it can.
    05-19-09 05:41 PM
    Pattern Lock Bug:

Settings:

Set to use lock button to lock.
    Set to use a convenience key to lock.

1 of 2. I used the blackberry lock button to lock the phone into pattern lock. If the phone is sideways and you have it set to portrait only mode patter lock will not engage.

2 of 2. I was in text messaging and i just sent a text message. I used the blackberry lock button to lock the phone. when I tried to unlock it was flashing and accepting input and random intervals. I held down BB app button and I could see two patter locks had been invoked. I did a battery pull to disengage, and I have not been able to re create the error.
    We will look into this as well. PatternLock shouldn't ever engage twice. We will try to reproduce the issue and fix it if possible.
    05-19-09 05:42 PM
    Are you using a wallpaper on your memory card?
    05-19-09 05:43 PM
1,600 ... 4748495051 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD