Hey taf great app. Just wondering if when pressing the lock button if the app was supposed to bring up the backlight for a few seconds. If I recall when I used to press the lock button the app never came back on unless I pushed the screen. Just wondering.
    05-05-09 10:03 AM
    What if you pattern locked the alarm clock, and made it kind of a wake up function. Harder than just hitting dismiss, you have to at least partialli think.

Y/n?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If yes, it'd definitely need to be an option, because I'd off myself if I had to do that every morning. lol. But I'm sure no one would argue with that being optional, obv.
    05-05-09 10:21 AM
    i have a question in regards to the email and sms notifications while PL is on.

if i have unread emails and sms messages and lock my phone there are no notifications but if i get emails and sms messages while the phone is locked it'll show however many messages i got... lets say 4 as an example... when i unlock i have 7 (4 while locked and 3 before i locked the phone)

is this normal? is there a way for it to go off of all unread messages vs how many messages were received while PL is on?

not a big deal but im just curious
    05-05-09 10:41 AM
    Taff, any chances of getting an option that basically uses PatternLock style call lock only if the phone has been locked previously (answer phone call when locked or emergency call) and reverts back to escape style lock if the phone was unlocked before the call (or was unlocked once during call)?
    05-05-09 10:45 AM
    has anyone else had issues with using custom backgrounds in portrait mode? I'm finding that it turns photos that are in portrait orientation on the phone into landscape when trying to set the portrait background image.

meaning that when I have the phone locked in portrait orientation, it shows the portrait background rotated 90 degrees, so that its on its side in landscape orientation.
    05-05-09 03:27 PM
    i have a question in regards to the email and sms notifications while PL is on.

if i have unread emails and sms messages and lock my phone there are no notifications but if i get emails and sms messages while the phone is locked it'll show however many messages i got... lets say 4 as an example... when i unlock i have 7 (4 while locked and 3 before i locked the phone)

is this normal? is there a way for it to go off of all unread messages vs how many messages were received while PL is on?

not a big deal but im just curious
    To keep track of the number of messages when PatternLock is not engaged would mean that the application must constantly monitor your message status. This would have a negative effect on battery life. To keep it simple and lightweight, it only keeps track of events that have happened while locked.
    05-05-09 04:50 PM
    has anyone else had issues with using custom backgrounds in portrait mode? I'm finding that it turns photos that are in portrait orientation on the phone into landscape when trying to set the portrait background image.

meaning that when I have the phone locked in portrait orientation, it shows the portrait background rotated 90 degrees, so that its on its side in landscape orientation.
    Do the images show in portrait when viewed on your computer?
    05-05-09 04:51 PM
    Do the images show in portrait when viewed on your computer?
    I had only tried with pictures I took on my Storm, so not sure how they look on computer. But after you asked, I tried with a portrait photo from my old phone, and it worked fine. I guess the Storm camera identifies portrait orientation photos in an odd way?

05-05-09 05:03 PM
    I had only tried with pictures I took on my Storm, so not sure how they look on computer. But after you asked, I tried with a portrait photo from my old phone, and it worked fine. I guess the Storm camera identifies portrait orientation photos in an odd way?

I think there is a known bug with some OS versions that affects the camera's ability to set a picture as portrait or landscape when taking it.
    05-05-09 05:05 PM
    To keep track of the number of messages when PatternLock is not engaged would mean that the application must constantly monitor your message status. This would have a negative effect on battery life. To keep it simple and lightweight, it only keeps track of events that have happened while locked.
    gotcha, understood... thanks for the clarification
    05-05-09 05:08 PM
    Hey taf my quicklaunch app is coming up over the patternlock. I have some pretty important info people can potentially get to if it got into the wrong hands. Is there a way that patternlock can not allow my quicklaunch app? Thanks for the consideration.
    05-05-09 05:11 PM
    Hey taf my quicklaunch app is coming up over the patternlock. I have some pretty important info people can potentially get to if it got into the wrong hands. Is there a way that patternlock can not allow my quicklaunch app? Thanks for the consideration.
    Is there a specific scenario when this can happen? The latest build addressed some of the situations when this could occur, and it no longer seemed reproducible. If you can provide detailed steps on how to reproduce it, I will look into it again.
    05-05-09 05:15 PM
    I think there is a known bug with some OS versions that affects the camera's ability to set a picture as portrait or landscape when taking it.
    Gotcha. Thanks for the help.

Odd that it knows enough to display in portrait in Media buy doesn't properly flag for other apps.

05-05-09 05:42 PM
    Is there a specific scenario when this can happen? The latest build addressed some of the situations when this could occur, and it no longer seemed reproducible. If you can provide detailed steps on how to reproduce it, I will look into it again.
    Yea when the backlight is off, to wake up the phone I press my quicklaunch convience key and everytime I do I can get to everything in my quicklaunch menu. I can press any other button and patternlock works correct.
    05-05-09 05:48 PM
    Yea when the backlight is off, to wake up the phone I press my quicklaunch convience key and everytime I do I can get to everything in my quicklaunch menu. I can press any other button and patternlock works correct.
    That's strange, I can't seem to reproduce it. This was supposed to be fixed in the latest update.
    05-05-09 05:54 PM
    That's strange, I can't seem to reproduce it. This was supposed to be fixed in the latest update.
    Let me download capture it and show you a pic. Be back.

Rats. Capture it wont let me take a screenshot because of patternlock lol. But I guarantee you its still an issue after backlight goes off. Let backlight go off by itself then press quicklaunch convience key and quicklaunch launches above patternlock.
    Last edited by dukins; 05-05-09 at 06:08 PM.
    05-05-09 06:01 PM
    Let me download capture it and show you a pic. Be back.
    Not necessary. I know what it looks like, but that doesn't help diagnose what the problem is. Is anyone else having this problem? What version of QuickLaunch are you running?
    05-05-09 06:03 PM
    I'm running .132 OS and QuickLaunch is 1.4.001 and whenever I press the side key I have set to QuickLaunch, PatternLock still works and doesn't show my QL menu
    05-05-09 06:43 PM
    Not necessary. I know what it looks like, but that doesn't help diagnose what the problem is. Is anyone else having this problem? What version of QuickLaunch are you running?
    I still have the issue, although not as bad as before. When the backlight goes off I press the convenience key and the screen will light up and QL will pop up for a brief second then disappear. Before it would stay up. And it only happens if the backlight is off
    05-05-09 07:17 PM
    I still have the issue, although not as bad as before. When the backlight goes off I press the convenience key and the screen will light up and QL will pop up for a brief second then disappear. Before it would stay up. And it only happens if the backlight is off
    ditto, flashes for a second then disappears.
    05-05-09 07:55 PM
    You know what be another cool feature to add to this already awesome App. An Alarm function you could set to the ringtone of your choice(loud and annoying), which would go off after the wrong unlock code is used X-number of times. It could also lock down the phone for a set amount of time like it does now while the alarm goes off.That way you know someones messing with your storm
    05-05-09 08:42 PM
    Yeah this is the expected behavior. This is the best a third party lock application can do it seems. The problem being reported is that QuickLaunch doesn't go away and stays open, which I can't seem to reproduce.
    05-05-09 10:02 PM
    mine also pops up briefly....a request tafasa, hope its possible...i have my phone set to request for permission to "enable mass storage mode" because i dont have a password setup...sooo, when i plug in the usb cable the prompt overides pattern lock...is there anyway to make it posssible, so that pattern lock subdues this prompt until unlocked??? thanks!
    Last edited by OCDS; 05-06-09 at 01:21 AM.
    05-06-09 01:10 AM
    mine also pops up briefly....a request tafasa, hope its possible...i have my phone set to request for permission to "enable mass storage mode" because i have i dont have a password setup...sooo, when i plug in the usb cable the prompt overides pattern lock...is there anyway to make it posssible that pattern lock subdues this prompt until unlocked??? thanks!
    "disable while on charger - no"
    05-06-09 01:13 AM
    "disable while on charger - no"
    that's the setting mine is on...
    05-06-09 01:22 AM
1,600 ... 4647484950 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD