Taf,

When using Verizon the GPS position sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Is there any way to provide some sort of onscreen or audible alert when PatternLock looks for location and does not get it when the update time is exceeded?
    04-30-09 03:12 PM
    Hi Taf. I figured out how to replicate my landscape lock screen bug.

To replicate, engage PL (I tie it to the lock button) while the phone is upside down. Sometimes it sticks like that, other times it doesn't. It does appear landscape, though, everytime the phone is upside down.

Thanks for looking into this!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 06:03 PM
    Yo Taf, is there a way for the PatternLock option/settings to be saved when the user does a back-up? There's quite a few options to revert after a OS update LOL.
    05-01-09 01:53 AM
    PatternLock has been updated to version 1.1.5

NEW IN VERSION 1.1.5
    ---------------------------------
    - Ability to use a pattern lock as your call screen lock for extra security (this is a new option under the call screen lock appearance). This will show a dialog box with the 9 dots for you to enter your pattern.
    - Ability to turn off the background of the clock bar.
    - Possible fix for an issue where the orientation may sometimes lock in landscape even though it is set to lock in portrait if the device is held in certain ways

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post.

Forum user 312 let us know about the issues with the BlackBerry lock in the recent 4.7.0.141 leak and noted that PatternLock works great with the build. So for those users running .141 and looking for a functioning locking system, PatternLock might be the app for you!
    05-01-09 01:57 AM
    Taf,

When using Verizon the GPS position sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Is there any way to provide some sort of onscreen or audible alert when PatternLock looks for location and does not get it when the update time is exceeded?
    The GPS will only be used when the device autolocks meaning that the backlight is off and the device is idle. An audible notification seems unnecessary in this case, and a visual alert will go unnoticed because the device is idle. Hopefully Verizon will open up all GPS functionality sometime soon.

Yo Taf, is there a way for the PatternLock option/settings to be saved when the user does a back-up? There's quite a few options to revert after a OS update LOL.
    We'll look into what options we have to achieve this.
    05-01-09 01:59 AM
    We'll look into what options we have to achieve this.
    Thanks taf! Nice update! We were due!
    05-01-09 02:01 AM
    you are too fast...it changes every day
    05-01-09 02:09 AM
    I love it Tafasa! You do great work
    05-01-09 02:09 AM
    Let's get the day and month started with a free giveaway!

10 free copies of PatternLock!

Use the following coupon code: patternlock3

To use the coupon code visit the CrackBerry store from your BlackBerry Storm at the following link: (Mobile CrackBerry Store)
    05-01-09 09:38 AM
    ...I have to say that I wish RIM and Verizon were as diligent as Tafasa is with updating and fixing known bugs and issues within their OS. While us Storm (9530) owners have been waiting for ONE new, stable, and OFFICIAL release , Tafasa has updated the PatternLock app TIRELESSLY (over a dozen times in a shorter period).

Again, the app is great, and thank you for doing everything you can to keep us satisfied with it.

-Porkweasel
    05-01-09 11:28 AM
    More free copies jesus taff u da man
    05-01-09 12:17 PM
    i certainly appreciate the frequent updates and added features... i'm just curious if the program slows down at all every time a new feature is added. i really don't use any of the specialized features and if there's any performance reduction as a result of these features i wonder if a "lite" version might not be beneficial??

great program for sure though!!!
    05-01-09 12:21 PM
    i certainly appreciate the frequent updates and added features... i'm just curious if the program slows down at all every time a new feature is added. i really don't use any of the specialized features and if there's any performance reduction as a result of these features i wonder if a "lite" version might not be beneficial??

great program for sure though!!!
    Whenever new features are added, we make sure that there is no degradation in the performance of old features and the application in general. Almost every feature added comes with an option to disable it which will make the application perform exactly as it did when the feature didn't exist.
    05-01-09 12:31 PM
    So i have a question about the "call screen lock" option list . In the newest version you can choose "pattern lock" as the "appearence". iIwould have thoght this acted like the regular or default escape button key function to unlock the screen but it functions differently in that to end a call in" pattern lock" first the pattern has to swiped whereas in the regular mode the red end key is just pushed . Is this the way it is suppose to be? It does make ending a call sort of tedious and swiping a pattern to end a call seems to have no added value.. Let me add that this application is fantastic
    05-01-09 12:39 PM
    So i have a question about the "call screen lock" option list . In the newest version you can choose "pattern lock" as the "appearence". iIwould have thoght this acted like the regular or default escape button key function to unlock the screen but it functions differently in that to end a call in" pattern lock" first the pattern has to swiped whereas in the regular mode the red end key is just pushed . Is this the way it is suppose to be? It does make ending a call sort of tedious and swiping a pattern to end a call seems to have no added value.. Let me add that this application is fantastic
    The next update will address this and will allow hitting the end key to end the call right away. The added benefit of having the pattern lock call screen lock is security. If you use the other lock appearances, then someone can call your phone and answer the call and mid call go and change your options (if you don't have a password set) or uninstall the application all together. With the requirement of a pattern, your device will be secured during a call as well.
    05-01-09 12:43 PM
    Very nice. And thank you. I do have another question. It seems to me that some might want to use the Call Screen Lock such that the pattern has to be scribed before the phone can be answered. This would then protect against others knowing the origin of the call. Do you think this would be too cumbersome? I want to reiterate that this application is phone transforming.
    05-01-09 12:53 PM
    thank you so much tafasa! i just downloaded this using your coupon. i was gonna buy it anyways cause my friend has this and its bomb but its a good thing i checked the forums first. you make quality stuff! keep up the great work!
    05-01-09 12:57 PM
    Hi Taf,
    it appears as if your fix for the orientation issue worked. However, I encountered a situation where my phone wouldn't leave the lock screen - I'm not sure if this is an issue with PL, or if it was just an unrelated crash. I'll report back if it's something you should be concerned about.

Thanks!
    05-01-09 03:39 PM
    Hi Taf,
    it appears as if your fix for the orientation issue worked. However, I encountered a situation where my phone wouldn't leave the lock screen - I'm not sure if this is an issue with PL, or if it was just an unrelated crash. I'll report back if it's something you should be concerned about.

Thanks!
    Hopefully this wasn't because of PatternLock. I have never experienced this nor have I heard reports of this before. If it happens again, please let me know and, if possible, the steps on how to reproduce it.
    05-01-09 03:59 PM
    PatternLock has been updated to version 1.1.6

NEW IN VERSION 1.1.6
    ---------------------------------
    - Added the ability to specify numbers for which the call screen lock should not automatically enable. When adding numbers, you can only enter digits (eg. +1 (555) 123-4567 would be added as 15551234567) Please make sure to enter the exact number.
    - Hitting the red end key when in a call and using the "pattern lock" call screen lock appearance will now end the call

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post.
    05-01-09 04:18 PM
    Just downloaded PatterLock and I'm lovin it! Used that code to get my free copy, thanks a lot!! Customized my background image and pattern colors. Very fun app!! I like.
    05-01-09 06:49 PM
    Is anybody else having problems with the new phone number feature? I entered my voice mail phone number so that it wouldn't lock when I call my voice mail, but it locks every time. I even did a few battery pulls. Is it because I have my password set to auto-enter and when it dials it appends my voice mail password to the number dialed? I'm running .75.
    05-01-09 09:58 PM
    Is anybody else having problems with the new phone number feature? I entered my voice mail phone number so that it wouldn't lock when I call my voice mail, but it locks every time. I even did a few battery pulls. Is it because I have my password set to auto-enter and when it dials it appends my voice mail password to the number dialed? I'm running .75.
    Have you tried putting your password as part of the number that you have added in the list? The number in the list must exactly match the number dialed or incoming.
    05-01-09 10:00 PM
    Have you tried putting your password as part of the number that you have added in the list? The number in the list must exactly match the number dialed or incoming.

I did try that and it didn't work. The only problem that I could see is that when the number is dialed, it lists my phone number then a comma (for the pause) and then the password. Well there's no way to put a comma in since it's just numbers.
    05-01-09 10:11 PM
    I did try that and it didn't work. The only problem that I could see is that when the number is dialed, it lists my phone number then a comma (for the pause) and then the password. Well there's no way to put a comma in since it's just numbers.
    If you enter the numbers that show up before the comma only (most likely this is your phone number), does it work then? Make sure to input it exactly the same way it shows on the calling screen. The numbers after the comma aren't being dialed when the call is made, so you should actually only use the numbers before the comma.
    05-01-09 10:22 PM
1,600 ... 4243444546 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD