I've posted on this issue before but the fix from before isn't working now.

I have version 1.1.3 of pattern lock and I'm running os .132
    I'm not sure which of those caused the problem as it started shortly after I installed both

Anyway. The problem is that I can't get pattern lock to lock the phone when the backlight turns off
    I've done multiple battery pulls and double checked the settings multiple times

Thanks for whatever info you can give me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not sure what is going on here as I haven't been able to replicate the issue. Make sure no applications are running that are listed in the options as ones that should stop PatternLock from autolocking. You can try uninstalling completely, performing another reset by pulling the battery, and then reinstalling to see if that helps.
    04-28-09 01:45 PM
    Tafasa,
    check your pm's. sent you one regarding QuickLaunch.
    04-28-09 02:01 PM
    Tafasa,
    check your pm's. sent you one regarding QuickLaunch.
    Thanks. I replied.
    04-28-09 02:37 PM
    Hey Tafasa any luck with that extra sms count.
    04-28-09 02:50 PM
    Hey Tafasa any luck with that extra sms count.
    Not yet. I found a possible cause, however I am not really sure if this could be the problem. PatternLock listens for all SMS traffic, and some applications or the network may use the SMS protocol to transfer data, but mark it in such a way that it doesn't show up in your inbox but rather is a "system" message. This might be the case, and there are some incoming "system" sms messages that PatternLock counts as a message. This is just a theory, and not for sure an explanation about what is going on as I have yet to be able to reproduce this. There isn't a lot of documentation for these kinds of things in the API, so a lot of this is a result of trial and error.
    04-28-09 03:46 PM
    I have emailed the support of QuickLaunch and they should be in contact with you shortly.

As for the location feature, please make sure that it doesn't poll the GPS when disabled. For those who don't want this feature at least it won't drain the battery.
    Another way to not drain battery is to use gsm cell informations.
    Some time ago I've had a nokia app that change profile polling gsm cell information to understand where I am.
    04-28-09 04:22 PM
    We are looking for 5 testers to play around with an experimental build. If you are interested please leave your email and OS version and we will contact those chosen to participate.

To qualify you must:
    - Already own the application
    04-28-09 09:37 PM
    I'm in........

PMed email

Running .132
    04-28-09 09:37 PM
    I volunteer
    --PMed email--
    Last edited by RobUM2011; 04-28-09 at 09:43 PM.
    04-28-09 09:38 PM
    Dibs!

132!!
    Pming email!
    04-28-09 09:38 PM
    We are looking for 5 testers to play around with an experimental build. If you are interested please leave your email and OS version and we will contact those chosen to participate.

To qualify you must:
    I'll give it a go.
    04-28-09 09:42 PM
    Thanks for the response guys! If I need anymore, I'll post again.
    04-28-09 09:59 PM
    Thanks for the response guys! If I need anymore, I'll post again.
    Got your email. I'll reply asap with my findings.
    04-28-09 10:17 PM
    Got your email. I'll reply asap with my findings.
    Ditto

10char
    04-28-09 10:18 PM
    Ditto

10char
    Same, replied with one idea already, but haven't actually tested yet lol. Will keep you updated!
    04-28-09 10:21 PM

To qualify you must:
    I want to become a beta tester. Version .113
    04-29-09 02:00 AM
    Count me in... Bell .122
    04-29-09 06:29 AM
    So, new version??

04-29-09 11:10 AM
    So, new version??

Soon
    04-29-09 12:03 PM
    consider me interested in beta testing a new version: tafasabtester at drtonline.net

Currently own and am using v1.1.3
    04-29-09 12:16 PM
    do we get to know what its gonna have?
    04-29-09 12:17 PM
    do we get to know what its gonna have?
    confidential.
    04-29-09 12:47 PM
    So like, today?!
    04-29-09 01:21 PM
    This is a fantastic product. I'm incredibly happy to see that this application has taken over for the storm's security lock.

Fantastic job!
    04-29-09 01:48 PM
    PatternLock has been updated to version 1.1.4

NEW IN VERSION 1.1.4
    ---------------------------------
    - Ability to disable sounds when media player is playing
    - Ability to set PatternLock to always unlock to the Homescreen

- Ability to set locations in which PatternLock should not autolock. To add a location, you must already be in that location and add it through the options. When autolocking, PatternLock will try to get your last known location from the device and if that information isn't within the time period you set in the options, it will try to find your current location (this is a measure to help preserve battery life). It will not autolock if you are within your set distance from a location you have added to the list. If the device does not provide location info, or the location info is old due to you being out of service or unable to get a GPS location fix, this feature will be ignored. For this feature to work, you need to have BlackBerry Maps installed as this is used by the OS to determine your location. The time taken to determine your location can vary depending on your signal level and location, so please be patient.

PLEASE NOTE: Verizon currently blocks some GPS features from 3rd party applications, meaning that if you are Verizon customer, PatternLock may be unsuccessful in trying to locate you. Some carriers (including Verizon) don't share cell tower location information, and therefore PatternLock will require a direct line of sight with the sky to be able to get your location.

PLEASE MAKE SURE LOCATION PERMISSIONS ARE SET TO ALLOW IF YOU INTEND TO USE THIS FEATURE!

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post.
    04-29-09 02:30 PM
1,600 ... 4041424344 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD