I have it set to reset at 4:00 AM... This morning I was charging and my logs indicate that MeterBerry did infact reset. I have PatternLock set to lock even if it is charging, so my phone was locked and charging. It also resets when locked and not charging, at least on my Storm.
    Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to look at what are the exact circumstances under which Meterberry can't reset... I thought it was just the charging and "patternlocked".
    Thanks!
    04-27-09 10:53 AM
    I absolutely love this application definitely worth the money I paid for it. You are a genius Tafasa ;*
    04-27-09 12:22 PM
    One small problem... When using "Lock device upon holstering" and "Disable when media player is playing" at the same time, PL still locks then phone upon holstering while playing music.
    04-27-09 01:28 PM
    One small problem... When using "Lock device upon holstering" and "Disable when media player is playing" at the same time, PL still locks then phone upon holstering while playing music.
    This isn't a problem, but rather a design choice. Some options have precedence over others, and in this case, the assumption was made that when you are holstering the device you will want it to lock regardless.
    04-27-09 01:34 PM
    This isn't a problem, but rather a design choice. Some options have precedence over others, and in this case, the assumption was made that when you are holstering the device you will want it to lock regardless.
    Ok, I turned that option off for now... It wouldn't bother me that much if it wasn't for the music stopping every time I unlock the device.
    04-27-09 01:59 PM
    Might as well ask... Any chance of adding support for QuickLaunch? (Adding PatternLock to QuickLaunch)
    04-27-09 02:56 PM
    I Tafasa,
    I'm one of the first buyers of your great application!

I think that a very good option for your app is to add the possibility to enable or disable pattern lock in certain zone. For example disable pattern lock automatically at home, or enable automatically at the office.
    I think that that function should be easily to integrate. You could read the position via GPS, ad in a radius near the selected point, pattern lock will be enabled or disabled.

Best,
    Emanuele
    04-27-09 04:34 PM
    Taf:

Love the app, this is exactly what i was looking for.

I had a couple of suggestions/requests. One i know has been asked but notifications for other apps would be nice. Missed calls isnt really necessary since the missed call dialog pops up over PatternLock but BB Messenger especially and maybe Facebook and AIM.

Secondly, is it possible to set an option to ignore screen presses when locked? I just find that the screen tends to get pressed when in my pocket but the physical buttons get pushed a lot less frequently.

Thanks for the great app
    04-27-09 09:20 PM
    Might as well ask... Any chance of adding support for QuickLaunch? (Adding PatternLock to QuickLaunch)
    Not really sure what should be done to get PatternLock to work with QuickLaunch. If maybe the developers of QuickLaunch can contact me, we can try to work something out.

I Tafasa,
    I'm one of the first buyers of your great application!

I think that a very good option for your app is to add the possibility to enable or disable pattern lock in certain zone. For example disable pattern lock automatically at home, or enable automatically at the office.
    I think that that function should be easily to integrate. You could read the position via GPS, ad in a radius near the selected point, pattern lock will be enabled or disabled.

Best,
    Emanuele
    This is an interesting idea. We'll look into this for a future release and see what would need to be done. Thanks for the suggestion.

Taf:

Love the app, this is exactly what i was looking for.

I had a couple of suggestions/requests. One i know has been asked but notifications for other apps would be nice. Missed calls isnt really necessary since the missed call dialog pops up over PatternLock but BB Messenger especially and maybe Facebook and AIM.

Secondly, is it possible to set an option to ignore screen presses when locked? I just find that the screen tends to get pressed when in my pocket but the physical buttons get pushed a lot less frequently.

Thanks for the great app
    At the moment, it seems that we can only get access to SMS, MMS and Email notifications. We haven't found a way to get access to other application notifications. If we do, we definitely would want to add this in.

There also doesn't seem to be a way to stop the screen lighting up when pressed. What happens is that the screen lights up (handled by the OS) and then the application gets notified of the change. Given the order these events happen, there is little a third party application can do to stop this (that we know of yet). As usual, if we find a way around this, it will definitely be included in a free update.
    04-27-09 11:21 PM
    Not really sure what should be done to get PatternLock to work with QuickLaunch. If maybe the developers of QuickLaunch can contact me, we can try to work something out.

This is an interesting idea. We'll look into this for a future release and see what would need to be done. Thanks for the suggestion.

At the moment, it seems that we can only get access to SMS, MMS and Email notifications. We haven't found a way to get access to other application notifications. If we do, we definitely would want to add this in.

There also doesn't seem to be a way to stop the screen lighting up when pressed. What happens is that the screen lights up (handled by the OS) and then the application gets notified of the change. Given the order these events happen, there is little a third party application can do to stop this (that we know of yet). As usual, if we find a way around this, it will definitely be included in a free update.
    Taf, I was playing with my iPod and I noticed an option that allows you to erase all the data on it after 10 failed attempts of entering the password; Can this be an option? It would be the ultimate security for those who don't want their data in the wrong hands. If that is not possible, can you add the option to "Lock Out" until put on a charger instead of a time period. Keep up the good work!
    04-27-09 11:30 PM
    Taf, I was playing with my iPod and I noticed an option that allows you to erase all the data on it after 10 failed attempts of entering the password; Can this be an option? It would be the ultimate security for those who don't want their data in the wrong hands. If that is not possible, can you add the option to "Lock Out" until put on a charger instead of a time period. Keep up the good work!
    We looked into doing a wipe of the device after the lock out, but it doesn't seem possible for a third party application to do this (understandably).
    04-27-09 11:32 PM
    We looked into doing a wipe of the device after the lock out, but it doesn't seem possible for a third party application to do this (understandably).
    Ok. Thanks for everything!
    04-27-09 11:33 PM

I have emailed the support of QuickLaunch and they should be in contact with you shortly.

As for the location feature, please make sure that it doesn't poll the GPS when disabled. For those who don't want this feature at least it won't drain the battery.
    04-28-09 09:51 AM
    My Storm keeps reverting to the dial pad upon hangup. Any ideas. Does it on call outs as well as received calls. I have looked through the pattern lock app and performed several reboots still same result. Wondering?
    04-28-09 10:22 AM
    Taf - You may know about this already. I thing there may be a bug in the program. Here is what I found:

Conditions and settings:
    1. App not to be active for Visual Voice Mail (using app settings)
    2. Phone was locked using app
    3. My pattern - 3 bottom dots

What happened:
    1. I recieved a VVM pop up notification
    2. Pushed play and listened to the VM
    3. Pop up window went away
    4. When I tried to swipe my pattern, the first dot would blink and I was unable to unlock the device
    5. After several tries I disabled the app by attaching the device to the cahrger.
    6. I was able to re-lock the device by using the assigned left side convenience key.
    7. The device would not lock on its own after 45 sec. (my setting)
    8. All went back to normal after a rebbot.
    04-28-09 10:50 AM
    Taf - You may know about this already. I thing there may be a bug in the program. Here is what I found:

Conditions and settings:

What happened:
    4. When I tried to swipe my pattern, the first dot would blink and I was unable to unlock the device
    5. After several tries I disabled the app by attaching the device to the cahrger.
    6. I was able to re-lock the device by using the assigned left side convenience key.
    I actually received a Visual Voice Mail yesterday while my phone was locked, listened to the voicemail, and then was able to enter my pattern successfully after listening. Hmmmm.
    04-28-09 11:19 AM

Conditions and settings:

What happened:
    I think the problem here is that your device was locked prior to getting the VVM and playing it. The application list in the options is for applications that when running should prevent PatternLock from autolocking. Seems like something strange happens where the VVM plays over PatternLock and doesn't return to the application properly. Although, it is strange that you could enter your pattern (ie it recognized your touch) but didn't do that again. Is this a repeatable issue or did this happen only once?
    04-28-09 11:20 AM
    wow i like that gps idea. if you get that integrated this app will be a super app! i already love it, but if i see that in an update i will definitely tip cause that would be insane!
    04-28-09 11:25 AM
    Hi Tafasa,
    Thank you for such a great app! Its been running great, except for a slight issue I have on occasion: even though I have it set to only display in portrait orientation, it will sometimes display the unlock pattern in landscape mode, and I cannot rotate out of it.
    04-28-09 11:27 AM
    Hi Tafasa,
    Thank you for such a great app! Its been running great, except for a slight issue I have on occasion: even though I have it set to only display in portrait orientation, it will sometimes display the unlock pattern in landscape mode, and I cannot rotate out of it.
    That's strange. Haven't heard of this problem before. What OS are you running? It may be a bug with the OS where it confuses orientations if it is keeping you locked in landscape instead of portrait. Is there a certain scenario when this always happens?
    04-28-09 11:37 AM
    I think the problem here is that your device was locked prior to getting the VVM and playing it. The application list in the options is for applications that when running should prevent PatternLock from autolocking. Seems like something strange happens where the VVM plays over PatternLock and doesn't return to the application properly. Although, it is strange that you could enter your pattern (ie it recognized your touch) but didn't do that again. Is this a repeatable issue or did this happen only once?
    I haven't tried to repeat it. After I played the VM, I was not able to unlock the device. I'd touch the first dor, it would blink, but would not allow me to complete the pattern.
    04-28-09 11:39 AM
    That's strange. Haven't heard of this problem before. What OS are you running? It may be a bug with the OS where it confuses orientations if it is keeping you locked in landscape instead of portrait. Is there a certain scenario when this always happens?
    First off, this is a great app! I bought it on day one and have been liking it more and more with each update.

I too have the issue of having the orientation switch to landscape when i have it locked in portrait. It only does it on occasion seemingly at random. It resolves itself once I tilt the phone a bit and it hasn't prevented my from unlocking or anything. I'm running OS 132.
    04-28-09 12:01 PM
    First off, this is a great app! I bought it on day one and have been liking it more and more with each update.

I too have the issue of having the orientation switch to landscape when i have it locked in portrait. It only does it on occasion seemingly at random. It resolves itself once I tilt the phone a bit and it hasn't prevented my from unlocking or anything. I'm running OS 132.
    Yup, I had this problem as well... I wouldn't say it's a problem, it's not a big deal, it just occurs randomly once in a while... not a big deal though...

Taf, is it possible to make an option that when we unlock the patternlock, it would default to the home screen? Because after I receive a call, and then I unlock it later, it unlocks in the phone screen instead of the home... this would definitely be a great fix if you could do that (if it's possible)....Thanks....

br
    04-28-09 12:30 PM
    Taf, is it possible to make an option that when we unlock the patternlock, it would default to the home screen? Because after I receive a call, and then I unlock it later, it unlocks in the phone screen instead of the home... this would definitely be a great fix if you could do that (if it's possible)....Thanks....

br
    I'll look into this
    04-28-09 01:17 PM
    I've posted on this issue before but the fix from before isn't working now.

I have version 1.1.3 of pattern lock and I'm running os .132
    I'm not sure which of those caused the problem as it started shortly after I installed both

Anyway. The problem is that I can't get pattern lock to lock the phone when the backlight turns off
    I've done multiple battery pulls and double checked the settings multiple times

Thanks for whatever info you can give me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 01:32 PM
1,600 ... 3940414243 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD