I was looking through the BB manual about Emergency Calls and was actually wondering about the effect that Pattern Lock would have (i.e. keep me from making said emergency calls) It's good to know that someone can use my phone to call 911 now. Especially comforting if I'm unconscious or something
    Don't know if you downoaded the update, but it asks "are you sure" before it actually calls....
    04-23-09 10:37 AM
    Big thumbs down on adding sound profiles. There is really no need for it while phone is locked. I dont really see anything else he can improve with this theme. great job taf.
    04-23-09 10:39 AM
    Don't know if you downoaded the update, but it asks "are you sure" before it actually calls....
    I wonder what the chances are of "my ****" being certain it wants to call 911?

since when is B(u)tt a bad word?
    04-23-09 10:40 AM
    This application is just outstanding. With the new feature of emergency call, it makes it such a great and FUNCTIONAL application to use.
    It's defiantly eye candy, but it's also very useful and could PROVE itself to be one of the most efficient and utilize-able applications on the storm in dire times.

Excellent Job.

And to others:
    If you feel like you want to donate to tafasa, Just buy some more of his applications.
    I already have :-)
    04-23-09 10:40 AM
    This application is just outstanding. With the new feature of emergency call, it makes it such a great and FUNCTIONAL application to use.
    It's defiantly eye candy, but it's also very useful and could PROVE itself to be one of the most efficient and utilize-able applications on the storm in dire times.

Excellent Job.

And to others:
    If you feel like you want to donate to tafasa, Just buy some more of his applications.
    I already have :-)
    I think I'm going to buy that bubble game... a little off topic, but quickly - do you guys like it?
    04-23-09 10:44 AM
    I think I'm going to buy that bubble game... a little off topic, but quickly - do you guys like it?
    Awesome game. Go for it.
    04-23-09 10:47 AM
    While all the customization with colors and arrows and all that is great... i guess.. i dont think its really necessary. I thought this app was great since the very first release. All the new features are really helpful and useful, but adding new shapes or profile switching doesnt really add anything important that I feel would justify the additional programming needed.
    04-23-09 10:48 AM
    I have never had an app that was updated so frequently. Thank you Tafasa for being so consumed with creating the best product possible.

I am having a slight issue though...and I'm not sure if it's by my fault or just a product of the program. If my light is blinking that I have a message, once I touch the phone's screen to see what message I have, (since I don't remember all the colors I have assigned yet) the flashing stops...even before I put in the pattern. I would think the blinking would stop until I click on the mailbox or SMS icon, but once I touch the screen it disappears.

Thanks in advance!
    PORKWEASEL
    04-23-09 10:49 AM
    My G1 does this. Its cool at first then just gets annoying having to unlock it every 5 min to answer a text or email.
    04-23-09 10:50 AM
    I have never had an app that was updated so frequently. Thank you Tafasa for being so consumed with creating the best product possible.

I am having a slight issue though...and I'm not sure if it's by my fault or just a product of the program. If my light is blinking that I have a message, once I touch the phone's screen to see what message I have, (since I don't remember all the colors I have assigned yet) the flashing stops...even before I put in the pattern. I would think the blinking would stop until I click on the mailbox or SMS icon, but once I touch the screen it disappears.

Thanks in advance!
    PORKWEASEL
    That's really strange because PatternLock should have no effect on the LED light. Are you using a different application to change your LED colors?
    04-23-09 10:51 AM
    My G1 does this. Its cool at first then just gets annoying having to unlock it every 5 min to answer a text or email.
    There are settings to help this...
    04-23-09 10:52 AM
    When the phone is out of pocket, mine wont lock until it's holstered or I lock it.
    This is what's different. With so many customizable settings, It's all totally user preference. Not what it "wants" to be.
    Therefore, I can't see this getting annoying, ever.
    04-23-09 10:53 AM
    That's really strange because PatternLock should have no effect on the LED light. Are you using a different application to change your LED colors?
    Mine does this too. FYI- I have BerryBuzz installed...
    04-23-09 10:54 AM
    Mine does this too. FYI- I have BerryBuzz installed...
    I'm not sure how BerryBuzz is developed, but there may be something in the way they designed their application that isn't working too well with PatternLock. Does this problem happen using the default LED indicator (ie. no third party LED management applications running)?
    04-23-09 10:58 AM
    Tafasa you have done an amazing job with this app so I figured why not come to you with an idea for another one.

I would love an app that detects when I plug the phone in to charge and automatically changes the sounds profile to Normal. Once I unplug the phone from the charger the sound profile goes back to it's previous setting.

My old RAZR did this and it was very useful. I never had to change the sound profile. I could leave the phone on vibrate when it wasn't charging and anytime it was charging it would ring.

It's simple, it's useful, and I think a lot of people would pay .99 cents for it.

Thoughts?
    04-23-09 11:09 AM
    I am only using your app. I can see the light flashing so I pick up the phone and touch the screen (9530) and the flashing stops (while still looking at the pattern screen).
    04-23-09 11:43 AM
    This has probably already been suggested but it would be nice if the backlight couldn't be turned on by clicking the screen while locked. It clicks on a lot in my pocket and wastes a lot of battery. Other than that I love this app.
    04-23-09 11:59 AM
    Hey. I like the integration of the emergency call... but as I was adding an emergency number I came to the realization that I didn't know which number to put... There's not really any one person in my family that is SURE to answer their phone... Is there any way to add the option to put two or three emergency numbers? It'd be awful if something happened and people were trying to contact my emergency number, only to have the only person listed not pick up I'd just put 911, but I'd assume someone else with a phone would know how to reach them.. it's my family that I would want contacted..

Anyway, that's just a suggestion.. .and I know how much you love to push out updates
    04-23-09 12:24 PM
    Tafasa you have done an amazing job with this app so I figured why not come to you with an idea for another one.

I would love an app that detects when I plug the phone in to charge and automatically changes the sounds profile to Normal. Once I unplug the phone from the charger the sound profile goes back to it's previous setting.

My old RAZR did this and it was very useful. I never had to change the sound profile. I could leave the phone on vibrate when it wasn't charging and anytime it was charging it would ring.

It's simple, it's useful, and I think a lot of people would pay .99 cents for it.

Thoughts?
    I thought it was a good idea a week ago and
    still think it is a good idea.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 12:25 PM
    I am so behind - would have gotten this before had I known it was assigned to the lock button now. I agree with having more than one emergency number though... three would be perfect for me, personally.
    04-23-09 12:47 PM

Thoughts?
    I believe there is already an application in the CrackBerry store that can do this. Try searching "Profile" in the store.
    04-23-09 12:58 PM
    When the phone is out of pocket, mine wont lock until it's holstered or I lock it.
    This is what's different. With so many customizable settings, It's all totally user preference. Not what it "wants" to be.
    Therefore, I can't see this getting annoying, ever.
    I agreee!
    Can we make the Emergency Call screen a little more ...ummm "prettier" no homo. But maybe add a timer for the duration of the call and maybe say "connected" instead of "Calling 911..." Maybe add a big transparent red cross, i say red cross because almost everyone assimilates that with emergencies. I've suggested this before but can we add a little lock animation on the PatternLock screen. I also think the PatternLock icon is a little too iPhone, Maybe have a padlock with a zigzag shape to symbolize Patterns. Good work Tafasa!
    Last edited by macnthamost; 04-23-09 at 01:15 PM.
    04-23-09 01:10 PM
    Hey Taf, not sure if this has been discussed but how about a countdown timer for when PatternLock locks you out. I have mine set for two minutes and it would be cool to know when you could try again. If this has been suggested, I apologize. This and QuickLaunch are the Storm's two best apps, by far! Thanks for all of your hard work!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 01:10 PM
    I'm sorry if I missed this because I did a search but it's kind of hard to search for "lock screen" in a post about a lock screen app, but is it normal for the standard BB lock screen to show before the PatternLock comes up when I lock it manually? I have the BB lock disabled and already did a battery pull.
    04-23-09 01:37 PM
    I'm sorry if I missed this because I did a search but it's kind of hard to search for "lock screen" in a post about a lock screen app, but is it normal for the standard BB lock screen to show before the PatternLock comes up when I lock it manually? I have the BB lock disabled and already did a battery pull.
    My BB Lock no longer comes up. I disable the standard lock to no longer lock when holstered and I had Autolock and I removed that. I enabled PatternLock to use the Lock button as well.
    04-23-09 01:41 PM
1,600 ... 3233343536 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD