Hey Tafasa, could you by any chance add more notifications to the pattern lock screen? Like Facebook, BBM, Google Talk, etc... (for whichever of those aren't already added)?

Thanks!!
    Email and SMS & MMS are all that we can get at now. If we can get access to anything else, it will be in an update.
    04-22-09 10:08 PM
    Hey Taf, I've noticed that when I unholster my phone to check a recently received e-mail or SMS/MMS, it opens to the message and bypasses the PatternLock completely then when I hold down the BB button my application list shows ups for a split second and then goes away. It has PatternLock as one of the applications running. I then have to go to actually icon itself to Relock and then Unlock my phone for it to behave normally. Is there a way for the app to stay lock after unholstering after messages are receieved to still force users to input their patterns instead of automatically unlocking upon unholstering as the default does?
    Will look into this now
    04-22-09 10:09 PM
    Why would you also run talk lock? Pattern lock does call locking. As well. And yes it can automatically lock after you unlock it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i just bought pattern lock and i liked the funtion of being able to re enable it, and since you now have to pay for talklock i didnt want to buy it again. so i wanted to ask before i deleted it. thank you for the response soul and tafasa. Tafasa i am enjoying your application it is very well designed
    04-22-09 10:39 PM
    Is there not a Free Trial available?
    04-22-09 11:05 PM
    Will look into this now
    Thanks Taf!!
    04-22-09 11:06 PM
    Is there not a Free Trial available?
    Just buy it you won't be disappointed! If you are, I will personally wire transfer you your full $3. LOL
    04-23-09 12:35 AM
    Thanks Taf!!
    Sent you an email.
    04-23-09 01:01 AM
    Sent you an email.
    just sent you a reply.
    04-23-09 01:07 AM
    I was just wondering what I have to do so when I lock my phone and I hit one of the four bottom buttons or the screen pattern lock doesn't come up. For example when I lock it and put it in my pocket sometimes I turn on the screen and it enters false patterns causing me to get locked out of my phone. Thanks and great job with this app tafasa its an essential

04-23-09 01:35 AM
    This app is amazing I bought it the second you figured out how to assign it to the lock key.
    A few quick questions as mentioned before the app changer is still present for a slit second also I think I'm doing something wrong but the app backlight takes a bit to shut off after I hit lock not a big deal.
    Finally is there any possibility of disabling the side keys and other keys that turn the backlight on?

Great app this is the second app of yours I bought and if they continue on the path there headed you will be seeing more of my money!

04-23-09 02:24 AM
    This app is amazing I bought it the second you figured out how to assign it to the lock key.
    A few quick questions as mentioned before the app changer is still present for a slit second also I think I'm doing something wrong but the app backlight takes a bit to shut off after I hit lock not a big deal.
    Finally is there any possibility of disabling the side keys and other keys that turn the backlight on?

Great app this is the second app of yours I bought and if they continue on the path there headed you will be seeing more of my money!

The application switcher will appear very briefly but it will close right away to ensure that your phone is still locked. If your backlight settings are set to turn off immediately after locking, then it should turn off within 1-2 seconds (the device can be a bit delayed sometimes). If you are using the lock key, then it will take a bit longer as the backlight will turn off "immediately" once PatternLock shows up, so there will be a delay while the built-in default lock screen appears briefly.

Disabling the keys and screen clicks from turning on the backlight doesn't seem possible at the moment. If a way is found to prevent this, it will be in a future update.
    04-23-09 02:35 AM
    That's what they said about reassigning the lock key haha anyways thanks for an awsome product

04-23-09 02:38 AM
    Very cool app! Well worth the money!
    04-23-09 03:13 AM
    Wow talk about progress. When I first downloaded the app I had like 2 options to pick from. Now I get overwhelmed there are so many options lol.

Great job though tafasa. By the way what does your username stand for?
    04-23-09 03:20 AM
    Would it be possible to have the ability to change sound profile while patternlock is on? I would like to be able to change it without unlocking.

Also the ability to see if the phone is on vibrate, silent, loud etc...

04-23-09 06:40 AM
    PatternLock has been updated to version 1.1.1

NEW IN VERSION 1.1.1
    --------------------------------
    - Emergency Call Button: You can now enable an emergency call button from the options, and specify your emergency number. When enabled, a small emergency call button will appear in the lower right of the lock screen. When clicked, it will ask you to confirm whether you want to make the emergency call and if confirmed, the call will be made. The phone will remain locked throughout the call, although you may see momentary flickers of the phone application.

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post.
    04-23-09 09:10 AM

NEW IN VERSION 1.1.1
    - Emergency Call Button: You can now enable an emergency call button from the options, and specify your emergency number. When enabled, a small emergency call button will appear in the lower right of the lock screen. When clicked, it will ask you to confirm whether you want to make the emergency call and if confirmed, the call will be made. The phone will remain locked throughout the call, although you may see momentary flickers of the phone application.

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post.
    Very nice touch! The look of the Emergency call button is great and the placement choice is great.
    Last edited by macnthamost; 04-23-09 at 09:15 AM.
    04-23-09 09:12 AM

NEW IN VERSION 1.1.1

I was looking through the BB manual about Emergency Calls and was actually wondering about the effect that Pattern Lock would have (i.e. keep me from making said emergency calls) It's good to know that someone can use my phone to call 911 now. Especially comforting if I'm unconscious or something
    04-23-09 09:16 AM
    VERY nice app tafasa! I love it!
    04-23-09 09:17 AM
    Tafasa:

This is absolutely, without a doubt, by far, my favorite app for the Storm. Honestly, I feel a little dirty because I bought version 1.0.1, which had like 3 options, and here we are at 1.1.0 with 47 or something, all-around increased functionality, gads of features. I could go on.

Seriously, I think I need to pay you again. Post a PayPal link or something.
    04-23-09 09:33 AM
    Thought of another idea for this app too.

Maybe different shapes, square, hearts, triangles etc.

Also I mentioned maybe having the ability to change your sound profile.

04-23-09 09:49 AM
    Thought of another idea for this app too.

Maybe different shapes, square, hearts, triangles etc.

Also I mentioned maybe having the ability to change your sound profile.

Personally, I don't quite agree with changing the sound profile while locked. You can simply unlock it and change it unless u want others to be able to change your sound profile. I'm not quite sure about having different shapes either. But I guess everyone is different. Thanks for adding for suggestions! Keep em coming.
    04-23-09 09:52 AM
    Fantastic!!!!!

Great job Taf! Best app PERIOD!
    04-23-09 09:59 AM
    Personally, I don't quite agree with changing the sound profile while locked. You can simply unlock it and change it unless u want others to be able to change your sound profile. I'm not quite sure about having different shapes either. But I guess everyone is different. Thanks for adding for suggestions! Keep em coming.
    +1

eightchar
    04-23-09 10:14 AM
    +2

ninechar
    04-23-09 10:33 AM
1,600 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD