i just downloaded this app and it refuses to autolock
    has anyone else had this problem? is there anything i can do to fix this?
    Have you restarted your device once after installing?
    04-21-09 01:26 PM
    Have you restarted your device once after installing?
    no i havent.. trying that right now
    04-21-09 01:27 PM
    that worked
    thanks for the fast response time
    04-21-09 01:43 PM
    I have had this since V1.0.2 & I love this app. It has functionality that the storm should have had from the start plus a bunch more.

One Question. When I press the green talk button while the storm is locked & the screen is dark, the dial pad is on the screen after I unlock it & there can be a significant delay as I try to dismiss it. When I press the green talk button while the storm is locked & the screen is still lit, the dial pad does not display after I unlock it. Is this the intended response to the different inputs? I would prefer if the dial pad would stay away until I intentionally press the talk button after the phone is unlocked.

Thanks For the great product!!!
    04-21-09 02:03 PM
    This app is great! Where do you guys have your patternlock icon?? Or how are people using patternlock in the most convenient way?? I have not been able to get patternlock into my Quicklaunch list.

Does anyone know if any apps have been able to use the built in lock button on the top of the phone??

Sorry if these have been asked but I don't have time to read 44 pages.. Thanks.
    04-21-09 02:59 PM
    Does anyone know if any apps have been able to use the built in lock button on the top of the phone??

Sorry if these have been asked but I don't have time to read 44 pages.. Thanks.
    u simply cant............the top default lock button is locked to devs to override it..........
    04-21-09 03:02 PM
    PatternLock has been updated to version 1.0.8.1

NEW IN VERSION 1.0.8.1
    ---------------------------------
    - New icon
    - Arrows now follow the colors set in the options. Initially they will be the dot color, and then they will change to the correct and incorrect path color depending on the pattern entered.

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post.
    04-21-09 03:10 PM
    This is only my opinion...

Great job on the new update and changing the icon - much needed.

However, the new icon looks iPhone-ish. Not sure if that was your intent, but what about making it more Blackberry-ish?

Look at the icon for the Media player, black background, white rounded boarder, and then have your new orange icon smaller in the middle...

Thoughts?
    04-21-09 03:26 PM
    This is only my opinion...

Great job on the new update and changing the icon - much needed.

However, the new icon looks iPhone-ish. Not sure if that was your intent, but what about making it more Blackberry-ish?

Look at the icon for the Media player, black background, white rounded boarder, and then have your new orange icon smaller in the middle...

Thoughts?
    Is there a possibility of adding a small lock icon next to the text on the pattern lock screen and then have the animation to unlock when the correct pattern is put in? Maybe it can also flash red or green.
    04-21-09 03:38 PM
    I have had this since V1.0.2 & I love this app. It has functionality that the storm should have had from the start plus a bunch more.

One Question. When I press the green talk button while the storm is locked & the screen is dark, the dial pad is on the screen after I unlock it & there can be a significant delay as I try to dismiss it. When I press the green talk button while the storm is locked & the screen is still lit, the dial pad does not display after I unlock it. Is this the intended response to the different inputs? I would prefer if the dial pad would stay away until I intentionally press the talk button after the phone is unlocked.

Thanks For the great product!!!
    Yea, i noticed this as well...
    04-21-09 04:21 PM
    Originally Posted by tafasa View Post
    The option to have the backlight turn off immediately when locked is already there. Go to the options page and look under the Backlight section.
    no it still says 5 secs on mine (under Timeout when locked) and im on 1.0.8.1

i think your talking about where it says Immediately turn off when lock enables and thats where your gettin confused

im saying when its in your pocket and you hit the screen after its locked the back light wont stay on for 5 sec. there should be a option thats immediatly thanks
    04-21-09 04:59 PM

im saying when its in your pocket and you hit the screen after its locked the back light wont stay on for 5 sec. there should be a option thats immediatly thanks
    Are you saying you would like a shorter time out time when locked other than 5 seconds, or that you don't want it to turn on when the screen is clicked? At the moment it doesn't seem possible to have the backlight not turn on when the screen is clicked. A shorter time out than 5 seconds will result in the backlight constantly going on and off when you try to enter your pattern. 5 seconds was found to be a good compromise.
    04-21-09 05:08 PM
    hey, im sure this has been suggested but i truthfully need to start a paper and dont have the time to read it all, is there a way to show new txts and email icons on the screen when i recieve them?
    04-21-09 05:42 PM
    Are you saying you would like a shorter time out time when locked other than 5 seconds, or that you don't want it to turn on when the screen is clicked? At the moment it doesn't seem possible to have the backlight not turn on when the screen is clicked. A shorter time out than 5 seconds will result in the backlight constantly going on and off when you try to enter your pattern. 5 seconds was found to be a good compromise.
    maybe like 1 or 2 would be better...
    04-21-09 05:56 PM
    tafasa - have you looked through the java developers forum over at Blackberry.com?

It seems there are lots of threads about how to get new message indications.

Just curious if it would help.
    04-21-09 06:47 PM
    Who are these Tafasa people? They are definitely on top of the game. I brought a copy of PatternLock about 5 or 6 days ago. Since then I have recieved elevendy hundred million upgrades (ok, maybe a slight exaggeration), but every time I turn around... bam! another update. Not that I'm complaining, I love it. Just hope they don't wear out my downloader. Lol... The first version was a nice option but now it's seriously official. When they say they're working on something they don't play around, unlike other cats out there............Verizon. I wonder if we could talk these guys into revising the Storm's OS. Then we'd probably be at version 5.8.0 by now and 7.1.0 by thursday morning.
    04-21-09 06:57 PM
    On the note of using the physical lock button, I find it very convenient and still use along with PatternLock. However, if I have PatternLock set to come on with the backlight or soon thereafter, I then have to click the unlock button and then do PatternLock also.. overprotection.

I put the lock on every time I put the phone in my pocket. It is very easy to hit the physical button, as sometimes it may be in a hurry and still inside of a program or app. Has anyone found an easy way to enable PatternLock within apps??
    04-21-09 07:14 PM
    We would like to test an experimental feature. To do this, we need 5 testers. To qualify:

- You must already own the application
    - You must not have a password on your device using the built-in system

If you are interested, please leave your OS version and email, and we will contact you by email if you are chosen.
    04-21-09 07:40 PM
    how about a escalating lockout timer?
    where the lockout time increases with every lockout...
    04-21-09 07:41 PM
    .122/.131 hybrid

[email protected]
    04-21-09 07:43 PM
    We would like to test an experimental feature. To do this, we need 5 testers. To qualify:

- You must already own the application
    - You must not have a password on your device using the built-in system

If you are interested, please leave your OS version and email, and we will contact you by email if you are chosen.
    I'm down if it's not too late...

rockeef (at) gmail.com

Version .122
    04-21-09 07:46 PM

[email protected]

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 07:53 PM
    I'd give it a shot. Running .122 slimmed down Hybrid.

[email protected]
    04-21-09 07:59 PM
    .121/.131 hybrid

[email protected]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 08:02 PM
    .114 hybrid V2

[email protected]
    04-21-09 08:08 PM
1,600 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD