PatternLock has been updated to version 1.0.7.1

NEW IN VERSION 1.0.7.1
    ----------------------------------
    - Fixed a bug that could keep the call screen lock from automatically closing at the end of a call
    - Added the ability to hide or show the dot tray (the rectangle behind the dots)
    - Added the ability to specify a custom pattern entry message instead of "Enter Secret Pattern"

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post (LAST FEW HOURS TO GET IT FOR $0.99)
    Taf, you are amazing. It seems you are always at work making this app to its full potential. I'm sure everyone appreciates that including me. Thank you. I have another suggestion (I know, I've had a lot), but I think the little arrows should flash green or red when the pattern is inputted correctly/incorrectly.
    Last edited by macnthamost; 04-20-09 at 07:13 PM.
    04-20-09 07:01 PM
    You guys rock!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 07:16 PM
    Taf, you are amazing. It seems you are always at work making this app to its full potential. I'm sure everyone appreciates that including me. Thank you. I have another suggestion (I know, I've had a lot), but I think the little arrows should flash green or red when the pattern is inputted correctly/incorrectly.
    But wouldn't that remove the purpose of having the patternlock function? I mean, anybody could easily figure it out by just going the way the green arrows direct...
    04-20-09 07:32 PM
    Do I need to uninstall the previous version first or just overwrite... Will it change my settings to overwrite?
    04-20-09 07:33 PM
    But wouldn't that remove the purpose of having the patternlock function? I mean, anybody could easily figure it out by just going the way the green arrows direct...
    The arrows are an option and if the user enables the arrow option then he/she must make sure no one is hovering over their shoulders that they don't trust.
    04-20-09 07:34 PM
    I noticed when my I go to choose my photos they aren't in alphabetical order. Dunno if u can do anything about it. Also is there a way u could make it so u can change the image orientation like u can with the media viewer? I want the same picture in landscape or portrait but when I put some images in portrait they don't look as good as they do in landscape or vice versa. Or if u had the ability to lock patternlock in portrait or landscape view instead of changing the picture orientation. Also a larger 4x4 grid would be cool.

04-20-09 07:41 PM
    I noticed when my I go to choose my photos they aren't in alphabetical order. Dunno if u can do anything about it. Also is there a way u could make it so u can change the image orientation like u can with the media viewer? I want the same picture in landscape or portrait but when I put some images in portrait they don't look as good as they do in landscape or vice versa. Or if u had the ability to lock patternlock in portrait or landscape view instead of changing the picture orientation. Also a larger 4x4 grid would be cool.

Definitely am feeling this idea to lock in portrait view... That would be nice... But I'm not sure if it's possible that a 3rd party app can lock in portrait view, right Taf?
    04-20-09 07:44 PM
    Definitely am feeling this idea to lock in portrait view... That would be nice... But I'm not sure if it's possible that a 3rd party app can lock in portrait view, right Taf?
    It is possible to lock it, however we ran into an issue where if the application is launched in the background when the backlight is off and the device was in landscape (ie. autolocking) the BlackBerry was getting confused and showing a portrait screen in a landscape view (meaning you would have to scroll the screen and there was a large white gap on the side). If you rotate the device once then it will stick back into portrait. We weren't satisfied with this behavior and never released it as an option. If a fix is found, it will be in an update.
    04-20-09 07:49 PM
    In regards to the new update, would i just overwrite the previous update? and would my settings be saved?
    04-20-09 07:57 PM
    Tafasa this app is great but I was wondering if it were possible to have patternlock not lock when using slacker radio.

04-20-09 08:03 PM
    Tafasa this app is great but I was wondering if it were possible to have patternlock not lock when using slacker radio.

Or a list of our applications on our phones that we don't want patternlock to run with while the apps checkmarked are running...I'm personally fine with out that idea....
    04-20-09 08:25 PM
    PatternLock has been updated to version 1.0.7.1

NEW IN VERSION 1.0.7.1
    ----------------------------------
    - Fixed a bug that could keep the call screen lock from automatically closing at the end of a call
    - Added the ability to hide or show the dot tray (the rectangle behind the dots)
    - Added the ability to specify a custom pattern entry message instead of "Enter Secret Pattern"

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post (LAST FEW HOURS TO GET IT FOR $0.99)
    Anything on the Emergency Call yet?
    04-20-09 08:28 PM
    It is possible to lock it, however we ran into an issue where if the application is launched in the background when the backlight is off and the device was in landscape (ie. autolocking) the BlackBerry was getting confused and showing a portrait screen in a landscape view (meaning you would have to scroll the screen and there was a large white gap on the side). If you rotate the device once then it will stick back into portrait. We weren't satisfied with this behavior and never released it as an option. If a fix is found, it will be in an update.
    Do you have the ability to "flip" the landscape image depending on the orientation of the phone? The purpose behind the "flipping" would be to make it APPEAR as though the phone's orienntation is locked. If you can't flip an image, could you split the "landscape image" into 2 sections - 1 for when the "left side of the phone is pointed down" and 1 for when the "right side is pointed down?"
    04-20-09 09:06 PM
    Or a list of our applications on our phones that we don't want patternlock to run with while the apps checkmarked are running...I'm personally fine with out that idea....
    um, u should be able to disable autolock when media is playing in the options menu....unless if "media" is meant by the built in media player?...............
    04-20-09 09:56 PM
    um, u should be able to disable autolock when media is playing in the options menu....unless if "media" is meant by the built in media player?...............
    Ya it only works on the built in media player.

04-20-09 10:00 PM
    hey is it possible for you to make it so you can see ur alerts like bbm sms like the normal lock program does?

or am i missing this options somewhere?
    04-20-09 10:01 PM
    Just bought it. Great job. This may have been discussed before - is it possible to use a picture from the media card?
    04-20-09 10:32 PM
    Just bought it. Great job. This may have been discussed before - is it possible to use a picture from the media card?
    yes..........go to options > PatternLock > Portrait Background Image > Pick Image > if no picture shows, click on the "..."
    04-20-09 10:37 PM
    yes..........go to options > PatternLock > Portrait Background Image > Pick Image > if no picture shows, click on the "..."
    I did what you suggest. It takes me to the device sub-directory. There is a picture folder, but not the one I want (on media card)
    04-20-09 11:00 PM
    I did what you suggest. It takes me to the device sub-directory. There is a picture folder, but not the one I want (on media card)
    Make sure you're not currently using your media card. For example if it's hooked up to your computer unplug it and then try again.
    04-20-09 11:22 PM
    Anything on the Emergency Call yet?
    Emergency call has a whole bunch of issues associated with it such as the fact that using it means leaving the lock application and there could be ways that you could bypass the lock. It's not a simple addition, and we ran into a lot of problems when trying to implement it the first time. If we come up with a proper way of implementing it, it will definitely be included in an update.
    04-20-09 11:34 PM
    Do you have the ability to "flip" the landscape image depending on the orientation of the phone? The purpose behind the "flipping" would be to make it APPEAR as though the phone's orienntation is locked. If you can't flip an image, could you split the "landscape image" into 2 sections - 1 for when the "left side of the phone is pointed down" and 1 for when the "right side is pointed down?"
    Not entirely sure I understand what you are saying, but either way I think you are only talking about the background. There are a lot of other things on the screen such as the most important feature, the pattern unlock field. There is also the clock bar there as well. We'll keep at it, and if we find a reliable method it will be in a future update.
    04-20-09 11:35 PM
    any way to make it so that it shows you if you have any messages or missed calls from the lock screen? This way you dont have to unlock it to check.
    04-20-09 11:38 PM
    any way to make it so that it shows you if you have any messages or missed calls from the lock screen? This way you dont have to unlock it to check.
    Discussed already... It's not possible at the moment.
    Since the latest update, I've had a problem...My call screen lock was off centered. It closed on time when the call ended but it was higher and half off the screen to the right. I did a battery pull. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Same thing...Is it just me, guys?

EDIT: Nevermind, I did another battery pull and it works perfect.
    Last edited by macnthamost; 04-21-09 at 02:30 AM.
    04-21-09 01:35 AM
    Taf is amazin...this last updt was right on point...fix my last concern...this latest updte should be the final official release with out a doubt...this app feels personable to me as I seen it grow from day one...as if I was part of the design team...this app came a long way...and I would like for everyone to gve taf a huge round of applause...standing ovation....two thumbs up for making us feel like this was the best $.99 I spent in tdays economy

04-21-09 02:05 AM
1,600 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD