Get app man. I don't mind the updates at all. Keep em coming.
    04-20-09 11:43 AM
    man i love this app its the best one i have my question is are all these updates free i bought it at 1.0.3 and every day there there is an update and i do everyone this thing keeps getting better i just dont want to go broke on 1 app
    04-20-09 11:44 AM
    man i love this app its the best one i have my question is are all these updates free i bought it at 1.0.3 and every day there there is an update and i do everyone this thing keeps getting better i just dont want to go broke on 1 app
    You pay once. Every update is free
    04-20-09 11:46 AM
    Tafasa,
    Great work. Thanks for all the updates.
    I know you've mentioned that currently there is no way for 3rd party apps to get the message notifications information. In light of this, couldn't you have an option to have the top part of the screen be transparent so that we could see all the notification info on our original home screen?
    Alternatively, just like you overlayed the owner's information over the 3x3 grid, couldn't you overlay the 3x3 grid over the home screen and make it semi-transparent so that we can see the notifications? Maybe some people won't like seeing their 8 home screen buttons under the grid, so it could be an option: if you don't set a wallpaper, then you don't cover the home screen and have a see-through grid and owner's info...
    Just a thought...
    04-20-09 11:47 AM
    Like I stated previously.. love this app!
    I think it's outstanding on how fast the updates are on this app.
    Keep up the good work Taf!
    04-20-09 11:51 AM
    This app has been amazing!! It's 4 times faster than the normal locking and just as secure. I saw a long time back (a couple days ago) people were talking about not being able to see the email/sms/voicemail notices and how it is "impossible" to do. Is there a way to have a background that is 50% transparent? This would allow you to see the notices but also have some privacy. I realize that this might not be the best option for some themes but that doesn't mean you can't implement it for people who want it (like me)

Thanks for the great app and all the impressive updates
    04-20-09 12:09 PM
    Tafasa, Quick question, dunno if this happens to anyone else, but the screen lock while in calls stays open once i end the call as well.. So the message box stays up till i hit escape.. Am i missing something? its truely not a big deal hehe.. just thought i'd check

I have a request though.. Is there anyway that you could make the screen lock in call just a lock symbol, exactly like your icon, but like 2x the size with no text? I think we all know how to get past the lock, and i get tired of looking at my phone in a call to see that my face selected half the text and the copy/select box is there lookin all lame hehe..

Not sure if its possible, but would be awesome!!

Oh and BRING ON THE UPDATES lol.. turn off update reminder with mobihand if you don't like it.. i read every update email to see if i should update at that second or wait..
    04-20-09 12:11 PM
    TAFASA..... I don't usually buy apps, but this is worth it. I found a website where i could have gotten this for free, but I am glad that I supported you instead. Keep up the great work! This app had potential, and you tapped into it. Thank you guys.
    04-20-09 12:13 PM
    PatternLock has been updated to version 1.0.7

NEW IN VERSION 1.0.7
    --------------------------------
    - Ability to use a dot more than once in a pattern
    - Small arrows will show up in the pattern pointing from one dot to the next. These can be turned off in the options.

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post (TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO GET IT FOR $0.99)
    Taf, thanks for pumping out everything we ask for!
    04-20-09 12:33 PM
    Tafasa, Quick question, dunno if this happens to anyone else, but the screen lock while in calls stays open once i end the call as well.. So the message box stays up till i hit escape.. Am i missing something? its truely not a big deal hehe.. just thought i'd check

this has happened to me as well..Taf, can we have the option to make a custom message on the Pattern screen. So instead of "Enter Secret Pattern" we can have our own message just like the call screen lock. thanks in advance taf! =)
    04-20-09 12:37 PM
    Hey Taf,
    I really love you're program and appreciate all your hard work, but something has been bothering me. I had thought that in previous versions, once the screen dimmed with the lock activated, the only way to turn the backlight on was by pressing a hard button. This was to save battery consumption and all. However, I've noticed that with the recent versions this is no longer the case and that touching anywhere on the screen will activate the backlight. Did you change this feature or am I just missing something?

Also, I had a question about the "immediately dim screen after locking" feature. I have it set to on, but when i press the convenience key for pattern lock, it just locks the phone and the screen stays on. Am I misinterpreting what the feature does or is this a bug?

Thanks!
    04-20-09 02:51 PM
    Hey Taf,
    I really love you're program and appreciate all your hard work, but something has been bothering me. I had thought that in previous versions, once the screen dimmed with the lock activated, the only way to turn the backlight on was by pressing a hard button. This was to save battery consumption and all. However, I've noticed that with the recent versions this is no longer the case and that touching anywhere on the screen will activate the backlight. Did you change this feature or am I just missing something?

Also, I had a question about the "immediately dim screen after locking" feature. I have it set to on, but when i press the convenience key for pattern lock, it just locks the phone and the screen stays on. Am I misinterpreting what the feature does or is this a bug?

Thanks!
    The backlight always turned on when the screen clicked because, at the moment, there doesn't seem to be a way to stop that from happening through a 3rd party application.

The backlight should immediately turn off after pressing the key unless you touch the screen, or press another button, or do something that will make the BlackBerry re-enable the backlight again (even before it is completely turned off).
    04-20-09 02:55 PM
    I have no complaints about this program. The earliest versions caused memory leaks on my phone, but after 1.04 it has been stable. That being said, I too would like to see the emergency call button added, and the ability to po\rogram it to whatever number you see fit not just 911.
    04-20-09 03:09 PM
    I think right now the main issue should be how to remove the screenlock once you are down with the call. Because now Im having that same problem of screenlock sticking even after disconnected from a call.
    04-20-09 03:15 PM
    The backlight always turned on when the screen clicked because, at the moment, there doesn't seem to be a way to stop that from happening through a 3rd party application.

The backlight should immediately turn off after pressing the key unless you touch the screen, or press another button, or do something that will make the BlackBerry re-enable the backlight again (even before it is completely turned off).
    Ok so i was just imagining things haha.

As for the other issue, I figured it out. I originally had the setting for the backlight to dim after 5 sec. when the phone was locked. The timing was close enough that the lock immediately and the lock after 5 sec seemed to be the same thing.

Anyways, thanks for the quick response and keep up the good work!
    04-20-09 03:29 PM
    Tafasa,

First of all, this is the first program that I have bought for my phone and I must say that I'm quite pleased with it. I know that people have been requesting so much and you have been literally putting out new versions constantly which I think is a true commitment to your customers. If people are calling this annoying because they have to keep re-installing, that's ridiculous. They can also install an update after a few days instead of you putting one out after a few days as one had mentioned. And at $0.99, this was a steal...

I have one question and one request. I agree with the one person as to if we can have a custom message instead of "enter secret pattern". I think that "enter security pattern" or "enter unlock pattern" would sound a bit better..

My question is.. What is "re-enable call screen lock after backlight turns off" do? I have tried to make a call with and without this feature on and can't seem to figure out what it does. Call screen lock is engaged even with the backlight off in both settings.

Once again, thanks for a nice product.............

b/r
    04-20-09 03:41 PM
    I think right now the main issue should be how to remove the screenlock once you are down with the call. Because now Im having that same problem of screenlock sticking even after disconnected from a call.
    What are your call screen lock settings that lead to this? Do you have any reproducible steps to follow to reach the source of the issue?
    04-20-09 03:41 PM
    Tafasa,

First of all, this is the first program that I have bought for my phone and I must say that I'm quite pleased with it. I know that people have been requesting so much and you have been literally putting out new versions constantly which I think is a true commitment to your customers. If people are calling this annoying because they have to keep re-installing, that's ridiculous. They can also install an update after a few days instead of you putting one out after a few days as one had mentioned. And at $0.99, this was a steal...

I have one question and one request. I agree with the one person as to if we can have a custom message instead of "enter secret pattern". I think that "enter security pattern" or "enter unlock pattern" would sound a bit better..

My question is.. What is "re-enable call screen lock after backlight turns off" do? I have tried to make a call with and without this feature on and can't seem to figure out what it does. Call screen lock is engaged even with the backlight off in both settings.

Once again, thanks for a nice product.............

b/r
    If you disable the call screen lock to use your phone, and then go back to start talking again, this option will automatically re-enable the lock when the backlight turns off. Otherwise, you will have to manually re-enable it using the menu.
    04-20-09 03:42 PM
    If you disable the call screen lock to use your phone, and then go back to start talking again, this option will automatically re-enable the lock when the backlight turns off. Otherwise, you will have to manually re-enable it using the menu.
    Got it... thanks this is actually a good option... Didn't think about that.......
    04-20-09 03:45 PM
    What are your call screen lock settings that lead to this? Do you have any reproducible steps to follow to reach the source of the issue?
    My settings are

enable call screen lock - immediately

reenable call screen lock when backlight turns off - NO

Use custom call screen lock message: Yes

04-20-09 05:22 PM
    I have the problem with the call lock ....it just stays on after phone call till I hit the arrow button? Also what about a loud waring sign when someone tries to unlock the phone after x amounts of trys! Or a big flashing X ...just for phone
    Thanks again for all the hard work!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 05:29 PM
    Has anyone else running this software, had any sort of issues with app memory available? I'm currently running the storm on .122, basic theme, and no other 3rd party apps, besides this, and my memory starts at like 45 and 12 hours in will be at 16? This is pretty much the only thing i can narrow it down to, so i was curious to see if anyone else has had the issue, or has noticed it.
    04-20-09 06:18 PM
    After installing some of the previous versions my memory would drop by about 10 mb over the course of an hour or so from low 30s to low 20s. However, this latest version is working amazingly. On after its installation i was back at 37 and haven't dropped below 35 since i installed it when it was first released.. in fact im at 39 mb now. So taf, whatever you did differently with this release taf, don't change it
    04-20-09 06:25 PM
    hey taf...the app just keeps gettin better with all the update...i for one appreciate it alot! thanks one thing i would like to see if it is even possible it to have the screen light up when we recieve sms,mms,bbm, or emails, but not unlock the screen like bblight does(to my phone atleast).....i think that would set this off...maybe other people wouldnt like it but sometimes i have my phone on silent from being in class and forget to turn it on and miss a bunch of messages, but if i seen the phone light up in the corner of my eye it would be harder to miss....just an idea?
    04-20-09 06:41 PM
    PatternLock has been updated to version 1.0.7.1

NEW IN VERSION 1.0.7.1
    ----------------------------------
    - Fixed a bug that could keep the call screen lock from automatically closing at the end of a call
    - Added the ability to hide or show the dot tray (the rectangle behind the dots)
    - Added the ability to specify a custom pattern entry message instead of "Enter Secret Pattern"

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post (LAST FEW HOURS TO GET IT FOR $0.99)
    04-20-09 06:59 PM
1,600 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD