Just wondering if any progress has been made on the problem with being able to voice dial via bluetooth when locked with PatternLock.
    04-18-09 06:50 PM
    Just wondering if any progress has been made on the problem with being able to voice dial via bluetooth when locked with PatternLock.
    No, we haven't been able to make any progress on that front yet. If a fix is found, it will be included in an update.
    04-18-09 06:56 PM
    This update was the exact thing I was asking for. Thank you guys so much, your the best!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 07:02 PM
    I just got it didn't download it yet hope it works good thanks.
    04-18-09 07:07 PM
    sweet app! much better then the stormslide, plus its only 99 cents for a limited time! get it quick guys i definitely recommend this
    04-18-09 07:10 PM
    Here is a History of changes made in the last few weeks:

VERSION 1.0.1- Signal strength indicator - Added more time options for autlocking (10 seconds, 30 seconds, 2 hours, 4 hours) - Added the option to disable autolocking when the device is charging - Added the option to disable autolocking when the Clock application is running (you need to do this to keep the application from locking your BlackBerry when it is in Bedside mode) - Fixed a bug where alarms and alerts would silence when the lock is enabled - Possibly fixed a bug where the background image may reset if the image is stored on the SD card and you have PatternLock set to startup with the device (After updating you will need to reset your background image)

VERSION 1.0.2 --------------------------------- - Added the option to define backlight timeout when device is locked - Added the option to define backlight timeout when device is unlocked (Set this to be the same value as the one in your Screen/Keyboard settings so that when you unlock with PatternLock, your backlight behaves as expected. Getting the user defined backlight timeout programmatically is unreliable, so we added this option so that you can guarantee the timeout happens when you want) - Added the option to display Owner Info. When this option is set to Yes, the pattern entry dots will be faded out until you touch the screen. While they are faded out, your owner information will show. When you touch the screen, the dots will show and the owner information will hide.

VERSION 1.0.3.1 ------------------------------- Fix for sounds for users using the 4.7.0.75 OS

VERSION 1.0.4 -------------------------------- - If you have the option set to disable autolock while charging, then when you begin charging your device while PatternLock is enabled, it will unlock itself and then relock automatically when the usb cable is removed. - Call Screen Lock. You can now enable an option to have a call screen lock. This will show a little dialog box that will disable any accidental screen clicks with your face during a call. Just click the escape key to disable the lock during the call, or it will disable automatically when the call is complete. You have the option to set whether the lock should enable immediately or after a certain delay.

VERSION 1.0.4.2 ----------------------------------- - Improved battery life - Ability to set a custom call screen lock message

VERSION 1.0.5.1 ----------------------------------- - Some graphical improvements - Added the ability to enable a sound when an incorrect pattern is entered. This is disabled by default and will not sound if your profile is currently vibrate, alerts off or silent. - Another attempt at getting sounds working for users using the 4.7.0.75 OS

VERSION 1.0.5.2 ----------------------------------- - Added a counter in the options screen to tell you how many times your device has been "Locked Out" - Stopped PatternLock from being able to open when a call is in progress. This is to accommodate for those who assign it to a convenience key and accidently click the button mid-call. - Added the ability to turn the backlight off immediately when the lock enables. This is disabled by default.

I call that a great deal of work by a dedicated team. Thanks again for all the work you have put into this app.
    04-18-09 07:11 PM
    Dude you never cease to deliver! Thanks for listening to my requests your implementation is spot on!

04-18-09 07:12 PM
    Dude you never cease to deliver! Thanks for listening to my requests your implementation is spot on!

Thank you!

04-18-09 07:15 PM
    Thanks for the counter it's exactly what I asked for! This is the best (and only) app I paid for!

04-18-09 07:15 PM
    This app should be integrated in the OS...RIM.........
    04-18-09 07:54 PM
    Yeah this App is killer love it. I have had no problems at all with it thank you for all the updates wish we had os updates this fast that worked lol.
    04-18-09 08:33 PM
    PatternLock has been updated to version 1.0.5.3

NEW IN VERSION 1.0.5.3
    -----------------------------------
    - Ability to choose to allow voice dialing while PatternLock is enabled. This option is set to no by default. This has been added to accommodate those who use headsets and wish to voice dial.

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post (it is $0.99 only for a limited time)
    04-18-09 09:06 PM
    Thanks for you all your hard work..
    04-18-09 10:37 PM
    PatternLock has been updated to version 1.0.5.3

NEW IN VERSION 1.0.5.3
    - Ability to choose to allow voice dialing while PatternLock is enabled. This option is set to no by default. This has been added to accommodate those who use headsets and wish to voice dial.

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post (it is $0.99 only for a limited time)
    Hi, i have just downloaded the update and it works great as always, but i have found a bug which i don't know if it is fixable or not.
    when the screen is locked and you activate a bluetooth headset, if you hit the end key at any time while its still in the voice dialing app then the phone automaticly unlocks and goes back to the home screen.
    thank you for all the quick updates you have been putting out.
    04-18-09 11:43 PM
    Hi, i have just downloaded the update and it works great as always, but i have found a bug which i don't know if it is fixable or not.
    when the screen is locked and you activate a bluetooth headset, if you hit the end key at any time while its still in the voice dialing app then the phone automaticly unlocks and goes back to the home screen.
    thank you for all the quick updates you have been putting out.
    No, sadly this isn't fixable at the moment. When you go into voice dialing, you are actually leaving the lock to be able to voice dial (since the voice dialing is done using a different application). This was the only workaround that could be done at the moment to allow for voice dialing and the lock to be used together. Since it isn't the most ideal solution, it is a disabled feature by default. If you are a person who uses voice dialing a lot, then you now have the option to enable it. It should relock once you are done with your call or saying whatever command you want to say to the voice dialing application.

As always, if we find a better way to do this, or a way around this, it will be in a future update.
    04-19-09 12:02 AM
    Is there any way for PatternLock to replace the OS Password "Lock Handheld Upon Holstering" function? If not, is there a better way to set-up PatternLock to closely emulate this situation? I use a holster daily and prefer to have this function enabled if possible.

Thanks for a very nice application!
    04-19-09 05:20 AM
    PatternLock has been updated to version 1.0.5.4

NEW IN VERSION 1.0.5.4
    - Ability to lock device upon holstering. Option set to no by default.
    - Bug fix related to the "immediately turn backlight off" option

04-19-09 09:09 AM
    PatternLock has been updated to version 1.0.5.4

NEW IN VERSION 1.0.5.4
    - Ability to lock device upon holstering. Option set to no by default.
    - Bug fix related to the "immediately turn backlight off" option

Wow!! Awesome end-user support! Do you rest? LOL?
    04-19-09 09:19 AM
    Wow!! Awesome end-user support! Do you rest? LOL?
    I was playing with a G1 and I really have to say that this app is WAY better the the one standard on the G1. I came across this G1 Pattern Unlock and just wanted to say Taf, you are the man!

You thought of everything for this app and it is GREAT! The only other options I could think of are allowing users to change the colors of the dots/circles when inputing their pattern but even that is not even a biggie...Taf, Can you put the option to auto re-enable the call screen lock after the backlight has timed out??
    I do have a question though, if the phone is "Locked Out" from so many attempts can anyone do a battery pull to take it out of "Lock Out" and reset their amount of retries(Autolock on Start-up enabled)?
    Last edited by macnthamost; 04-19-09 at 12:27 PM.
    04-19-09 11:45 AM
    Tafasa I had a problem come up last night if you could please release an update to accomadate for this situation would be awesome. Just like there is now a password protect to see the pattern combination. There should actually be a password protect to actually go into the PatternLock options period. Some girl im talkin to went into the patternlock options and Put yes for disable pattern lock while on charger and then went into my phone and read everything!!!! hahahahaha. So it would be great if it required a password to actually get into the pattern lock options instead of just to see the pattern. Thanks for all your work Taf, we appreciate it.
    04-19-09 01:19 PM
    I want to try this app, I have 4 questions.

1) does it replace the standard password lock on the phone? In other words, do you disable the built in password on the Storm when this is installed?

2) Can you set it to enabled after XX minutes, like you can with the standard password, so that you dont have to unlock if you just used your phone 5 min ago.

3) Can you set it to wipe after xx tries, like you can with the built in password?

4) What password do you use when DM prompts for the device password when syncing?

Thanks.
    04-19-09 01:35 PM
    Perfect! Thanks for your amazing customer support!

Sergeant Major M-

04-19-09 01:36 PM

I do have a question though, if the phone is "Locked Out" from so many attempts can anyone do a battery pull to take it out of "Lock Out" and reset their amount of retries(Autolock on Start-up enabled)?
    Currently a battery pull will reset the count and will remove the lock out. This feature is only meant as a deterrent to people trying to get into your device. If you have your setting to lock you out for a minute or two, then a battery pull will take even longer than that.
    04-19-09 01:51 PM
    Taf, i shot you an email about my previous posting and a fix for that situation. please read. Thanks
    04-19-09 01:53 PM
    I want to try this app, I have 4 questions.

1) does it replace the standard password lock on the phone? In other words, do you disable the built in password on the Storm when this is installed?

2) Can you set it to enabled after XX minutes, like you can with the standard password, so that you dont have to unlock if you just used your phone 5 min ago.

3) Can you set it to wipe after xx tries, like you can with the built in password?

4) What password do you use when DM prompts for the device password when syncing?

Thanks.
    1) If you are using PatternLock, you should disable the built-in password as it will lock over PatternLock giving you two things to unlock to get into your device.

2) You can set it to enable on startup and after the backlight has been off for a certain amount of time (several options to choose from)

3) A 3rd party application can't wipe the device, however you can set a "Lock Out" time after a user-defined maximum tries is reached. When locked out, your device can't be unlocked and will show "Locked Out". This is just a deterrent, and your device will return to normal after your defined lock out period is over.

4) PatternLock does not effect DM. If you are using PatternLock and have disabled your device password, then there will be no password in DM.

As stated on the product page, if you really want maximum security, then you should stick to the built in password system as it has features that aren't accessible to third party applications. However, if you want a fun and easy way to lock/unlock that offers some level of security for your device, then PatternLock is the app for you.
    04-19-09 01:56 PM
1,600 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD