Sound has come to my .75 OS phone. Praise be to Tafasa.

The application size has doubled since I purchased with all the added options. While options are nice, compact applications tend to be faster and use less resource. Just a thought to ponder.
    Most of the size increase is due to images and sounds, while code changes have only accounted for a small part of the increase. More features means more code and therefore a larger application. We try to make sure that there are no performance hits between updates, and are constantly looking for things to improve and optimize.
    04-18-09 09:20 AM
    Just bought patternlock not knowing i could possibly get a free copy. Love this app. Still, it is worth the whole dollar i spent on it.
    04-18-09 09:21 AM
    Most of the size increase is due to images and sounds, while code changes have only accounted for a small part of the increase. More features means more code and therefore a larger application. We try to make sure that there are no performance hits between updates, and are constantly looking for things to improve and optimize.
    Enough Said. Thanks again for the hard work that you and your team have put into this application.
    04-18-09 09:35 AM
    Dont know if this has been asked yet but to many pages to scan through. Is there any chance that you can see the message notifications whilst pattern lock is enabled?
    04-18-09 09:50 AM
    No the messages icons don't show til you unlock
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Last edited by Kahlaan; 04-18-09 at 10:08 AM.
    04-18-09 09:52 AM
    Great updates. Sound now works for me on .75. only one problem.... Is it just me or does the line trace your movements VERY slowly? Just giving feedback. Other than that... great app which I have been waiting for for awhile. Worth the money. Keep up the good work.
    04-18-09 12:18 PM
    Another awesome update!! Like I've said, just gets better and better. Sound works great!

I would pay full price for an app of this quality...
    04-18-09 12:46 PM
    Great update!

Thanks for listening to my feedback.

Best customer service HANDS down.

Best app available for the storm.

YOUR the MAN!
    04-18-09 12:53 PM
    So i'm guessing the screen can't be dimmed instantly? Tafasa you have such good customer service with everybody.. BUT ME! haha please feel free to crush my dreams and say it can't happen if thats the case. thanks
    04-18-09 01:10 PM
    great app great updates im loving it. one thing i would like to see on this is like a sound when the password is wrong. Also i love the option you added for hiding the pattern and i say you build on that. I think you should make it so after your done entering the pattern the pattern you entered appears in red if your wrong and green or blue if your right but only after you enter the pattern. That would be a good option to add to this app. Thanks for all your hard work and updates. I love this app
    04-18-09 01:34 PM
    great app great updates im loving it. one thing i would like to see on this is like a sound when the password is wrong. Also i love the option you added for hiding the pattern and i say you build on that. I think you should make it so after your done entering the pattern the pattern you entered appears in red if your wrong and green or blue if your right but only after you enter the pattern. That would be a good option to add to this app. Thanks for all your hard work and updates. I love this app
    that was added in one of the latest updates, it comes default set to no sound though so go look in your options for it
    04-18-09 02:04 PM
    thank you for the many, many updates. i especially like the landscape wallpaper.
    04-18-09 02:06 PM
    Great work, taf. My random locking issue has gone away.

The area that I think needs work is the functions while in a call.

Currently, it works great as long as the convenience key is not pressed. The screen locks with the custom message, and works like a dream

However, IF you are in a call and happen to press your convenience key that PatternLock is assigned to (something I happen to do quite frequently... almost every call), then PatternLock runs and locks your phone, requiring the secret pattern to be entered.

The issue with this is while I am in a call, the phone goes into PatternLock mode frequently (whenever I press the conveneince key), and then the screen locking feature gets overridden, and my face registers taps on the screen. As this happens, I the phone thinks I am trying to enter a secret pattern, and I am inevitably locked out of my phone.

Is there a way to disable the pattern lock while in a call? The screen lock is perfect, but the pattern lock is killing me while in a call. It seems as if disabling the convenience key while in a call, OR telling PatternLock NOT to do anything while in a call if it is run.

Any thoughts? Anyone else having issues with this?
    04-18-09 02:24 PM
    I wanted to keep a second post separate from my request... this one is just to say thanks. It seems that you have a loyal customer base and people are loving this! I am no exception

You'll remember I had to uninstall yesterday for a little bit because of the random locking... and my phone got so much worse when I lost PatternLock!

Luckily for me, your quick service had me reinstalled with a new idea right away... and it fixed my problem! Only hours later, a new release came out that fixed my issue without any workaround needed. Good stuff, I wish everyone worked like you!
    04-18-09 02:25 PM

Currently, it works great as long as the convenience key is not pressed. The screen locks with the custom message, and works like a dream

However, IF you are in a call and happen to press your convenience key that PatternLock is assigned to (something I happen to do quite frequently... almost every call), then PatternLock runs and locks your phone, requiring the secret pattern to be entered.

The issue with this is while I am in a call, the phone goes into PatternLock mode frequently (whenever I press the conveneince key), and then the screen locking feature gets overridden, and my face registers taps on the screen. As this happens, I the phone thinks I am trying to enter a secret pattern, and I am inevitably locked out of my phone.

Is there a way to disable the pattern lock while in a call? The screen lock is perfect, but the pattern lock is killing me while in a call. It seems as if disabling the convenience key while in a call, OR telling PatternLock NOT to do anything while in a call if it is run.

Nahhh, I don't have it set to a convience key, just autolock.

Taf, I gotta say this app of your is pretty perfect...now if we can just get closer to those message notifications. =)
    04-18-09 02:30 PM
    niceee work
    04-18-09 02:33 PM
    So i'm guessing the screen can't be dimmed instantly? Tafasa you have such good customer service with everybody.. BUT ME! haha please feel free to crush my dreams and say it can't happen if thats the case. thanks
    Do you mean you want a shorter timeout option for the backlight when locked or only when you first lock the screen you want it to turn off the backlight right away?
    04-18-09 04:09 PM

We can look into making PatternLock not be able to launch while in a call. That would mean that your convenience key will have no effect while in a call, but afterwards it will launch PatternLock just fine.
    04-18-09 04:11 PM
    Is there a way to make it to see how many times the phone was locked out? Like to see if anyone was trying to get in the phone but obviously failed.

04-18-09 04:14 PM
    That would be aweaome taf! Exactly what I'm looking for!

04-18-09 04:50 PM
    taf-

just realized something, i was using amaze gps with ur app installed for the first time today. usually when i'm using the gps app, the backlight stays lit, but now that i have ur app, it dims the app after the preset time. any fix for this?
    04-18-09 04:56 PM
    taf-

just realized something, i was using amaze gps with ur app installed for the first time today. usually when i'm using the gps app, the backlight stays lit, but now that i have ur app, it dims the app after the preset time. any fix for this?
    If an application is going to keep the backlight lit up while it is open, it has to programatically change your timeout time or manager the backlight. I am not sure how Amaze GPS works or handles this. If your device locks while using the application, when you unlock it, PatternLock will set your timeout back to the time you set in the options screen. After that point, your device will keep the timeout that PatternLock set for it unless another application changes it.
    04-18-09 05:33 PM
    PatternLock has been updated to version 1.0.5.2

NEW IN VERSION 1.0.5.2
    -----------------------------------
    - Added a counter in the options screen to tell you how many times your device has been "Locked Out"
    - Stopped PatternLock from being able to open when a call is in progress. This is to accommodate for those who assign it to a convenience key and accidently click the button mid-call.
    - Added the ability to turn the backlight off immediately when the lock enables. This is disabled by default.

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post (it is $0.99 only for a limited time)
    04-18-09 06:16 PM
    This should help alot over the dam button!
    04-18-09 06:27 PM
    What does the "sound" sound like when you unlock the app? I get a very faint "click" or something like that. Got the sound for a wrong entry on the pattern. Just wondering. Not at all complaining, there are too many good things going for this app if all I have is a faint sound on unlock. Thanks.
    04-18-09 06:29 PM
1,600 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD