PatternLock has been updated to version 1.0.4.2

NEW IN VERSION 1.0.4.2
    -----------------------------------
    - Improved battery life
    - Ability to set a custom call screen lock message

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post (it is $0.99 only for a limited time)
    Great app!
    Love it!!
    Although, I'm having a problem with the custom call screen lock message. I input my message, save it... and when the app locks... no message. I even failed on unlocking the app to see if perchance the message would appear then..... still no joy.
    04-17-09 04:15 AM
    Great app!
    Love it!!
    Although, I'm having a problem with the custom call screen lock message. I input my message, save it... and when the app locks... no message. I even failed on unlocking the app to see if perchance the message would appear then..... still no joy.
    I think you might be misunderstanding the feature. The custom message is the one that comes up when you are in a call. If you have call screen locking enabled, then after your specified delay, a dialog box will come up indicating your screen is locked to prevent accidental clicks. That dialog box can either have the standard text, or the custom message you provide.
    04-17-09 06:35 AM
    fantastic app! You will for sure keep customers coming with all these updates as well. Only thing this app needs now is the ability to show notifications of new unread messages on the lock screen!
    04-17-09 07:15 AM
    fantastic app! You will for sure keep customers coming with all these updates as well. Only thing this app needs now is the ability to show notifications of new unread messages on the lock screen!
    I came here just to say that so you took the words right out of my mouth.
    04-17-09 07:40 AM
    PatternLock has been updated to version 1.0.4.2

NEW IN VERSION 1.0.4.2
    -----------------------------------
    - Improved battery life
    - Ability to set a custom call screen lock message

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post (it is $0.99 only for a limited time)
    thanks again for the update...Like the new custom call lock message. But how is the the battery life improved?
    04-17-09 08:02 AM
    I love the app. Do I have to uninstall and reinstall to change the pattern? I can't seem to get back to a screen where I can reset it. Thanks!
    04-17-09 08:44 AM
    I love the app. Do I have to uninstall and reinstall to change the pattern? I can't seem to get back to a screen where I can reset it. Thanks!
    Go to Options and PatternLock will appear with the rest of your BB settings. You can then change the pattern, background, backlight settings, etc from there.
    04-17-09 08:59 AM
    thanks again for the update...Like the new custom call lock message. But how is the the battery life improved?
    Optimizations in code and design that should help battery life.
    04-17-09 08:59 AM
    I'm having an issue occasionally where the program won't pick up that my finger is on it. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does there is no way I can unlock the phone and I end up having to do a battery pull. Any ideas if it's something I'm doing wrong?

Other than that, I love this app!
    04-17-09 09:51 AM
    I'm having an issue occasionally where the program won't pick up that my finger is on it. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does there is no way I can unlock the phone and I end up having to do a battery pull. Any ideas if it's something I'm doing wrong?

Other than that, I love this app!
    Never experienced this myself. The only time it shouldn't pick up your touches is when you are locked out after too many failed attempts. However, at that point, you should see the words "Locked Out" in red blocking your entry. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
    04-17-09 10:04 AM
    Thanks for the help! Got it!
    04-17-09 10:29 AM
    Hey taf diggin the updates. I would like one more minor suggestion.

I was wondering if it would be doable to have your phone lock at certain times of the day. Of course user would set the time.

Reason im asking is because from 8am-6pm most likely im working and would need the locking but from 6:01pm-7am I dont need it because im at home.

Is there anyway to schedule a lock?

Could be useful when you are out partying you could set the times when the phone is locked, say for a few hours.

Jus wondering.
    04-17-09 10:35 AM
    Never experienced this myself. The only time it shouldn't pick up your touches is when you are locked out after too many failed attempts. However, at that point, you should see the words "Locked Out" in red blocking your entry. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
    It is picking up my touches OK

I am having two different issue though. Both are quite frustrating

Issue #1: The phone randomly locks. It is not set on the timeout, and I am not pressing the convenience key. It happened 2 or 3 times this morning, and I thought I was just pressing the convenience key by accident. So, I kept unlocking it... and then I was using the web browser reading CrackBerry, and made SURE my hands were not touching the convenience keys AT ALL, and bam... it locked on me for no reason. I was scrolling through a page and it locked. Frustrating to have happen so much.

Issue #2: This has only happened once... but I just received a call. My phone was UNLOCKED when this happened. It was plugged in to the wall charger. Autolock while plugged in is DISABLED. The call came through fine, and when I hung up, I looked at the phone and PatternLock was running, saying I was locked out. It was very frustrating because I needed to make an immediate follow-up call for business purposes with the information I got from the first call... so I had to sit there with time sensitive information waiting for my phone to let me back in (luckily it's only on a 1 minute lockout)!

Now, for your purposes (tafasa), I will list my configuration settings:

-Apps: BerryBuzz, MeterBerry, PatternLock, RDM+ (trial), BerryWeather
    -PatternLock Settings:
    -Password protect pattern: Enabled
    -Max number of unlock attempts: 3
    -If max attempts reached, lock out device for: 1 min
    -Autolock after backlight turns off: After 15 min
    -Enable call screen lock: Immediately
    -Use custom lock message: No
    -Disable autolock when device is charging: Yes
    -Disable autolock when Clock application is running: Yes
    -Backlight timeout when locked: 5 sec
    -Backlight timeout when unlocked: 5 sec
    -Show owner information: No
    -Unlock sound: On

** The phone just did it again... as I was scrolling from the bottom of my PatternLock settings page up to the top of the page (to verify everything I typed in was correct), it locked on me. The phone this time was unplugged from everything. The screen was lit and active as I was scrolling. I am very sorry to say this but it is becoming excruciatingly painful and annoying. I am on the verge of uninstalling.

Lastly, my phone's default backlight timeout setting is set to: 10 sec

I REALLY hope you can figure this out... it is my favorite app right now and I'm glad I paid for it... but I simply can't have my phone locking me out for no reason whatsoever, randomly, especially while I'm using it. It disrupts productivity and makes it impossible for me to use (literally!) sometimes

I'm baffled as to why this is happening, I didn't notice it until the upgrade that I did this morning to the latest version...

Thanks so much and keep up the great work! You're doing an amazing job at keeping up with this and listening to people's requests - wonderful support!
    04-17-09 11:00 AM
    I love how this program blocks ALL keys... *cough* stormslider
    04-17-09 11:10 AM

I'm baffled as to why this is happening, I didn't notice it until the upgrade that I did this morning to the latest version...

Thanks so much and keep up the great work! You're doing an amazing job at keeping up with this and listening to people's requests - wonderful support!
    Issue 2 is probably the same as issue 1 for you. Your phone probably locked again mid-call and your face touched the dots three times which caused you to be locked out.

We haven't experienced this problem ourselves at all. What version were you running prior to upgrading, do you remember?
    04-17-09 11:30 AM
    first off i love this app and all the updates...i just deleted stromlock bcz of this last updte.. swayed my decison completely but im hvin a small concern as follows: when i make a call the screen lock bcomes active but whn i end the call the screen lock stay active when theres not a call on the line...this leaves me to press the end key or back key twice to get to the homesceen....any1 else notice this...did a battery and re installed app alrdy...plz help!
    Last edited by mansonhouse; 04-17-09 at 11:41 AM.
    04-17-09 11:36 AM
    Issue 2 is probably the same as issue 1 for you. Your phone probably locked again mid-call and your face touched the dots three times which caused you to be locked out.

We haven't experienced this problem ourselves at all. What version were you running prior to upgrading, do you remember?
    Ok, I don't remember the exact version number it was, but I remember it was the one you released last night... just one version before this one. I have been trying to stay as much up to date with you as I can, so I download each update you do.

The phone just locked on me randomly again while I was just navigating through my phone (don't remember what it was exactly). It didn't lock me out, but it did require me to enter my "password" when I am 100% sure that I didn't press the convenience key.

As to my phone locking me out during the call... I figured that out. Just test called my voicemail... and the convenience key still locks the phone while in call. So I'm sure that I was in the call and hit the convenience key which locked the phone and overrode the screen locking which occurs while in a call. Any way to disable the phone from being locked while the screen is locked due to being in a call? This would stop the phone from locking into "password" mode while in a call... and then registering my face as attempts to unlock.

Could my timeout settings have something to do with the phone locking on me randomly?

Thanks again for working through this with me! I'll try to give you as much info as I can!
    04-17-09 11:36 AM
    first off i love this app and all the updates...i just deleted stromlock bcz of this last updte.. swayed my decison completely but im hvin a small concern as follows: when i make a call the screen lock bcomes active but whn i end the call the screen lock stay active when theres not a call on the line...any1 else notice this...did a battery and re installed app alrdy...plz help!
    I am not having this problem... how long does the screen remain locked in call lock mode after the call has completed?
    04-17-09 11:37 AM
    until i press the end key or back key again
    04-17-09 11:44 AM
    Edit... the issue is NOT with the convenience key being pressed during a call. I just test called voicemail again and watched the phone... the screen locked with the message... and I didn't press any buttons... then at around 24 seconds into the call, the phone locked requiring my secret "password" to be entered...
    04-17-09 11:45 AM
    the problem is not during the call...its once i press end...the screenlock messge stays on my screen...and im not using the convenice key...
    04-17-09 11:50 AM
    I understand, I was telling tafasa about my issue. If you read a bit above your post, you will find where I am having some pretty bad issues (phone locking randomly and causing it to lock in calls for me, which results in me being locked out for 1 minute)
    04-17-09 11:51 AM
    ooops.....lol....yeah tafasa help us out....i know u already on it....lol....doing anther battery pull now....
    04-17-09 11:54 AM
    ooops.....lol....yeah tafasa help us out....i know u already on it....lol....doing anther battery pull now....
    Haha he is probably working on solutions/testing right now. I'm really starting to wonder if mine could have something to do with my backlight timeout settings? Not sure, and I still don't understand them totally from the PatternLock app's viewpoint (why is there an option to dim in 5 seconds if the Storm only allows you to set it in 10 seconds? My PatternLock was always set at 5 seconds and it just kept on responding as if it were still on 10 seconds... doesn't seem to change anything...)
    04-17-09 11:59 AM
    Looking into both issues now. So far we aren't sure about what the problem is, but we'll keep at it. When we find something, there will be an update.
    04-17-09 12:06 PM
1,600 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD