Tafasa, first I just want to say that I love your app and I've had it on .75, .113, and .122. Utill .122 I've had no problems with the app - it's worked great! However, on .122 there seems to be a 15 second to 1 minute delay when trying to unlock the phone after a message of some sort has arrived. Is this a problem with your app on .122 or with .122 in general?
    Last edited by gafly; 04-16-09 at 12:05 PM.
    04-16-09 11:56 AM
    Loving this app
    04-16-09 11:56 AM
    Damn that sucks I just bought stormlock too. Thanks for the update taf. That was quick. Impatient me!

Taf you are now one of my top devs. Appreciate the work. Is there anyway to donate to you. I dont feel 99cent is enough.
    Thanks! There is no way to donate, but you could always check out one of our other applications (although it seems like you own quite a few of them )
    04-16-09 11:58 AM
    Tafasa, first I just want to say that I love your app and I've had it on .75, .113, and .122. Utill .112 I've had no problems with the app - it's worked great! However, on .122 there seems to be a 15 second to 1 minute delay when trying to unlock the phone after a message of some sort has arrived. Is this a problem with your app on .122 or with .122 in general?
    Haven't heard of this issue before, but if it only occurred after updating the OS, it seems like it is either an OS issue, or a change in the OS that isn't playing well with PatternLock. We can't reproduce this issue, but we will keep a lookout for it.
    04-16-09 12:05 PM
    Haven't heard of this issue before, but if it only occurred after updating the OS, it seems like it is either an OS issue, or a change in the OS that isn't playing well with PatternLock. We can't reproduce this issue, but we will keep a lookout for it.
    I'm going to try to re-downgrade/upgrade/install/uninstall to see if that fixes my problem any. I'll be sure to check back for any updates.

Thanks for the help!
    04-16-09 12:13 PM
    tafasa,

Thanks for pumping out another update!

You know, the sound still doesn't work for me (.75 OS), but it's not that important...

Everything else seems to be working perfectly. No lag here.
    Ditto. No sound here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 12:16 PM
    cant find the answer to this....

will this program work with scheduled quickpull? every night i run quickpull on schedule at 5am.

if i LOCK my storm (top button)..it will not work....curious however if this program will still allow it to work..

and will it matter if phone plugged in or not?

anyone test this?
    04-16-09 12:39 PM
    Does v1.0.4 now offer a feature similar to screenlock/stormlock?

Did I read that right?
    04-16-09 12:56 PM
    Does v1.0.4 now offer a feature similar to screenlock/stormlock?

Did I read that right?
    Yes it does. If you have the setting enabled, when you are in a call a small dialog box will popup saying that the PatternLock call screen lock is enabled. This will disable any screen clicks to prevent from accidental ones. If you want to use your screen, click the escape key and the dialog box will go away giving you access. When the call is done, the call screen lock will automatically go away. You can specify whether you want to disable this feature, enable it so that it locks immediately after a call starts or you can set it to enable after a delay.
    04-16-09 01:04 PM
    Yes it does. If you have the setting enabled, when you are in a call a small dialog box will popup saying that the PatternLock call screen lock is enabled. This will disable any screen clicks to prevent from accidental ones. If you want to use your screen, click the escape key and the dialog box will go away giving you access. When the call is done, the call screen lock will automatically go away. You can specify whether you want to disable this feature, enable it so that it locks immediately after a call starts or you can set it to enable after a delay.
    Awesome, I just tried it. However, i have StormLock, so no biggie for me. But, it certainly is a welcome addition. Is there a way to allow us to re-enable the call lock if we hit the escape key? How about changing the lock message for in call locks?

Thanks, this app is well worth the money!
    04-16-09 01:06 PM
    First off... this app is well worth the $3 price... so seriously take advantage of the discount and pick it up for the $1 its currently going for.

My only minor complaint is the fact that it accidentally prevents a good battery saving feature of the normal lock. With the upgraded OS, touching the screen accidentally doesn't cause it to turn on the backlight. You need to hit an action button to do so.

I kept my phone in my pocket for the past hour during lunch, and I noticed a decent battery drop compared to sitting on my desk for an hour. Is there any way to make the program prevent the backlight from coming on from accidental touches, like the lock in the new OS's?
    04-16-09 01:16 PM
    Speaking of updates... we have a new one! By popular demand, call screen locking has been built into PatternLock!

PatternLock has been updated to version 1.0.4

NEW IN VERSION 1.0.4
    --------------------------------
    - If you have the option set to disable autolock while charging, then when you begin charging your device while PatternLock is enabled, it will unlock itself and then relock automatically when the usb cable is removed.
    - Call Screen Lock. You can now enable an option to have a call screen lock. This will show a little dialog box that will disable any accidental screen clicks with your face during a call. Just click the escape key to disable the lock during the call, or it will disable automatically when the call is complete. You have the option to set whether the lock should enable immediately or after a certain delay.

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post (it is $0.99 only for a limited time)
    good bye screenlock! good work taf!
    now if you can add those message notifications that everyone has longed for...
    maybe one day. Lol.
    Last edited by macnthamost; 04-16-09 at 01:24 PM.
    04-16-09 01:22 PM
    First off... this app is well worth the $3 price... so seriously take advantage of the discount and pick it up for the $1 its currently going for.

My only minor complaint is the fact that it accidentally prevents a good battery saving feature of the normal lock. With the upgraded OS, touching the screen accidentally doesn't cause it to turn on the backlight. You need to hit an action button to do so.

I kept my phone in my pocket for the past hour during lunch, and I noticed a decent battery drop compared to sitting on my desk for an hour. Is there any way to make the program prevent the backlight from coming on from accidental touches, like the lock in the new OS's?

To circumvent this, press the lock button before putting it in your pocket. Patternlock will activate after your designated timeout. This way, pressing the screen doesn't turn on the screen and acts like a normal lock. The only difference is when your phone "unlocks" patternlock will ask for your pattern.

It sure would be nice to have patternlock automatically do that for you, but it currently isn't able to be done... unless Tafasa has found a way.
    04-16-09 01:24 PM
    Is there a way to allow us to re-enable the call lock if we hit the escape key? How about changing the lock message for in call locks?

Thanks, this app is well worth the money!
    bump. ability to re-enable the lock after unlocking would be a VERY welcome feature.

great app!
    04-16-09 01:26 PM
    bump. ability to re-enable the lock after unlocking would be a VERY welcome feature.

great app!
    While in a call? I agree, like when the user presses the BB button you have the option to re-enable the lock. and the dialogue is a bit long. Perhaps, "Screen Locked." or "PatternLock: Screen Lock Enabled."
    04-16-09 01:33 PM
    While in a call? I agree, like when the user presses the BB button you have the option to re-enable the lock. and the dialogue is a bit long. Perhaps, "Screen Locked." or "PatternLock: Screen Lock Enabled."
    exactly. i had talklock, which did exactly that (relock via the BB button after an unlock) but wasn't crazy about the slider deal. i'd be much more happy with this if the re-enable were added.
    04-16-09 01:40 PM
    exactly. i had talklock, which did exactly that (relock via the BB button after an unlock) but wasn't crazy about the slider deal. i'd be much more happy with this if the re-enable were added.
    Me too. I'll tough it out until Taf comes out with another update and hopefully it comes as soon, if not sooner than the past updates. Lol, I just uninstalled ScreenLock. hoping for a re-enable lock and an auto in-call screen lock after the backlight has timed out.
    04-16-09 01:42 PM
    good bye screenlock! good work taf!
    now does the screen dim RIGHT away when it locks like screenlock when your in a phone call?
    04-16-09 01:43 PM
    I just got this app. This is so cool. Thank you so much
    04-16-09 01:48 PM
    first off...OUTSTANDING app. Love it.

However - just upgraded to the new 1.0.4...and since I did, the PatternLock will "randomly" kick in while I am using the phone...ie, I will be in the middle of tapping or clicking a button or option within another application, or on the home screen, and all of a sudden the PatternLock will kick in. I am running the .122/5.0 hybrid.

Anyone else experiencing this...?
    04-16-09 02:01 PM
    Hey Tafasa,

I just updated and uninstalled screenlock prior to updating. It doesn't lock the screen in calls for me though.. i'm going to uninstall and reinstall to see if it changes. I have it set to enable, and i also tried it with a delay

Thanks again for this great app
    Worth the price of admission thats for sure
    Dave
    04-16-09 02:04 PM
    This is in NO way a complaint because this is an incredible app! (Keeps the wife out of my phone!) Has anyone noticed that when Slacker is playing and you unlock your phone, it pauses the song and when you un-pause the song it restarts from the beginning? Just an observation.
    04-16-09 02:13 PM
    The lock screen is blocking the voice dialing application from launching. We will look into it to see if there is a way to accommodate for this.
    Tafasa, have you guys had any luck with the Blue-tooth issue?

As of now what I do is link my phone and car via Blue-tooth and then turn the "Clock Screen" on! It seems to work OK for a temporary fix!

Thanks!
    04-16-09 02:22 PM
    Hey Tafasa,

I just updated and uninstalled screenlock prior to updating. It doesn't lock the screen in calls for me though.. i'm going to uninstall and reinstall to see if it changes. I have it set to enable, and i also tried it with a delay

Thanks again for this great app
    Worth the price of admission thats for sure
    Dave
    Still doesn't work.. Am i stupid or something?? Lord
    04-16-09 02:44 PM
    Still doesn't work.. Am i stupid or something?? Lord
    That is very strange. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? The lock should auto enable once the call connects (plus whatever delay you have set). If you are the one initiating the call, it will only enable once the call connects (ie. the person picks up).
    04-16-09 02:54 PM
1,600 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD