Sooooo happy now. seen this on the google phone and wanted it for mine. feel safer with a locked phone and to much work before to unlock then put code and themn wait.
    04-13-09 09:05 PM
    Any chance of disabling the screen so clicking the screen doesn't wake the phone? If you put the phone in your pocket the screen will come on each time your leg clicks the button which will kill the battery...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 09:06 PM
    any way to enable some type of sound when the phone is unlocked? i'd love an optional confirmation tone (if the phone isn't on silent/vibrate/alerts off). perhaps if we could just set it as one of the native bb alert tones available.

love this app by the way, i keep locking and unlocking my phone
    04-13-09 09:12 PM
    In response to the common requests/questions:

Screen click turning on backlight: We haven't found a way to disable this yet. Tried a few things, but none were reliable or gave desired results.

Application Indicators (message notifications): We haven't found a way to access the application indicators that are on the homescreen from a 3rd party application.

Locking in portrait: This was in the initial design. Ran into a snag where the BlackBerry seemed to get confused when the autolock ran and locked the device in the background. In this situation, the screen would be rotated incorrectly making it impossible to unlock.

Assigning to the Lock key: Haven't found a way to do this yet.

We have those items on our list of things to keep in mind, and will update the application if any of those features can be implemented reliably.
    04-13-09 09:15 PM
    is there the possibility of the option of how many attempts before the phone shuts off or something..... just in case your phone gets stolen the "number of attempts left" displayed can cause a scare. LOL.
    04-13-09 09:21 PM
    Thanks for keeping up with the program!

Not sure I understand this whole bit about the backlight...
    I have both of mine set at 5 seconds, and don't see any change in the functioning of the phone... My options in the actual BB options are for the backlight to go off after 10 seconds...

I hope you find a way to disable the screen lighting up when it is clicked if it is locked! And, as always if you find a way to use the default lock button it'd be sweet... hopefully RIM will open that up!

Thanks for the great app!
    04-13-09 09:27 PM
    Thanks for keeping up with the program!

Not sure I understand this whole bit about the backlight...
    I have both of mine set at 5 seconds, and don't see any change in the functioning of the phone... My options in the actual BB options are for the backlight to go off after 10 seconds...

I hope you find a way to disable the screen lighting up when it is clicked if it is locked! And, as always if you find a way to use the default lock button it'd be sweet... hopefully RIM will open that up!

Thanks for the great app!
    After you unlock the device using PatternLock, it will use the timeout setting you define in the application. If you set it to 5 seconds, then the backlight should time out after 5 seconds after unlocking it and should remain that way unless another application modifies it. If you set it to be the same value that is in the Screen/Keyboard option, then you will notice no difference in operation.

The option was just added because there isn't a reliable way to get the option you have set in the Screen/Keyboard options programatically. This could result in you having a 10 second timeout set, but after unlocking, the device would timeout after a longer period of time (usually 45 seconds which is the default).
    04-13-09 09:34 PM
    Awesome job with the updates.. As soon as we get message indicator, i'll be in heaven!! Hehe this and quicklaunch are my favorite purchased apps.. well and yahtzee too haha...

One other request, since we cannot lock the screen in portrait mode, anyway to allow us to use custom portrait background?? Prolly seems trivial, but the picture of my wife and son, looks great till i twist a touch then its just a blue orb haha..

Thanks for all the great work!!!
    04-13-09 09:42 PM
    It would ROCK if RIM allowed developers to bind an application like this to the 'lock' key on the top of the phone but I gather the API doesn't allow that.

I've added this to my Quick Launch bar - it's sweet

Thanks, tafasa!
    How did you get that on the QL bar? I have been trying and have had no luck...
    04-13-09 09:52 PM
    How did you get that on the QL bar? I have been trying and have had no luck...
    i've added it but it doesn't work, my emails opened one time right after i unholstered and i quickly opened QL and added it....
    04-13-09 10:00 PM
    Bought this from the word go and what an app. The only little suggestion i would have and thats the be able to change the circles a different colour. This aint an all mighty change and it aint needed but just a suggestion
    04-13-09 10:06 PM
    I keep seeing all of these people saying they want to see more free copies. Guys... come on, this is one of the better apps out there, and at only .99 right now, it's a steal! just take the plunge and buy it. You wond be disappointed.
    04-13-09 10:09 PM
    I keep seeing all of these people saying they want to see more free copies. Guys... come on, this is one of the better apps out there, and at only .99 right now, it's a steal! just take the plunge and buy it. You wond be disappointed.
    WORRRRRRRRRD!

my favorite app!
    04-13-09 10:10 PM
    ^ I agree guys. This is probably one of the most fairest price paid-for apps that I've seen.
    04-13-09 10:11 PM
    ya, u all should

(i mean, i cant say nething since im one the few who got one of the giveaways) but still, its an excellent app )
    04-13-09 10:11 PM
    I just wanted to commend tafasa for his excellent customer service. This app has only been out a few days and he has already released two updates with suggestions from the community. Thanks for the hard work.
    04-13-09 10:45 PM
    It's on the best apps made for the Storm to date, period. Kudos bro for pricing it at .99, I'm sure you've sold thousands by now and you deserve it!
    04-13-09 10:47 PM
    I just wanted to commend tafasa for his excellent customer service. This app has only been out a few days and he has already released two updates with suggestions from the community. Thanks for the hard work.
    Just chiming in to voice my agreement. I made a request for a longer time out before locking, and it was implemented in an update less than 24 hours later! Bought it right away! Great product and great developer!
    04-13-09 11:18 PM
    Thanks for the great app. It's already replaced the regular Lock function on my Storm!

One request though - is there any way to display e-mail/sms/whatever notifications at the top of the screen? As it is, I have to unlock to see if there are any notifications. It's not a huge issue since unlocking is just a swipe away, but something like that would make this already fantastic app flawless.

EDIT: Just read the thread and saw that it's not possible at this time. Thanks anyways
    04-13-09 11:29 PM
    This is the first app I've paid for, and it was such a great app at a great price.

Thanks a lot =)
    04-13-09 11:32 PM
    i just downloaded the patternlock for 99cents but now i need to install it can anyone help please ?????
    04-13-09 11:36 PM
    i just downloaded the patternlock for 99cents but now i need to install it can anyone help please ?????
    DM or use Crackberry.com to shoot you the OTA link via email or sms.

EDIT: Does anyone think a 3 x 3 grid is too small? Personally, it would be nice for the option for a 4 x 4 as well as 3 x 3, but it is great as is! =)
    Last edited by macnthamost; 04-14-09 at 12:27 AM.
    04-13-09 11:40 PM
    It's on the best apps made for the Storm to date, period. Kudos bro for pricing it at .99, I'm sure you've sold thousands by now and you deserve it!
    Agreed this is the best app I've used so far. Well worth it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 03:56 AM
    Awsome app!

It is sooooo good how this app can lock the Storm fully whereas most other 'lock' apps on here can be unlocked just by pressing the red 'power' key?!?

I have also found a funny flaw in the app! I can see my finger marks on the screen where I draw my pattern
    04-14-09 06:10 AM
    Thank you Tafasa for such a great app and for being receptive to our suggestions!
    I agree with the others, this app is well worth getting.
    04-14-09 08:05 AM
1,600 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD