This is normal behavior. If the image you are using isn't the right proportion for the screen, it will be resized to fit (if it is larger than the screen size) but not stretched.
    got it, yea it was a scanned image, guess i will have to resize it to 360x480. Thanks for the customer service and quick updates. All we need is notifications now.
    04-13-09 12:59 PM
    Notifications don't seem possible at the moment. We haven't found any way to gain access to the Application Indicators that normally show on your homescreen. If we find a way, we will definitely include it in an update, however, at the moment it doesn't seem possible.
    04-13-09 01:07 PM
    Notifications don't seem possible at the moment. We haven't found any way to gain access to the Application Indicators that normally show on your homescreen. If we find a way, we will definitely include it in an update, however, at the moment it doesn't seem possible.
    LOL we always have the red light. Thanks got that BBLight so at least my phone will wakeup when I receive a message. Thanks.
    04-13-09 01:09 PM
    Is is possible to make the top portion transparent to where the default notifications, battery, signal indicators and time shows??
    04-13-09 01:17 PM
    Is is possible to make the top portion transparent to where the default notifications, battery, signal indicators and time shows??
    Different themes have different proportions and placement of items. This wouldn't be a reliable method.
    04-13-09 01:23 PM
    ok i love the app but i carry my phone in my pocket. if the screen unintentionally gets depressed the screen comes on. same problem as the lock mode when the storm came out. if effect i believe this kills the battery by having the screen go on and off. i may use it or i may not. i havent decided yet
    04-13-09 01:36 PM
    This is a great app.
    One thing that would make it perfect for me is the option for the Owner information (or any other short text) to be displayed while Patternlock is active (like the original RIM lock). This way, if I lose the phone, if somebody finds it they could see my contact info although the phone is still locked.
    04-13-09 02:34 PM
    This is a great app.
    One thing that would make it perfect for me is the option for the Owner information (or any other short text) to be displayed while Patternlock is active (like the original RIM lock). This way, if I lose the phone, if somebody finds it they could see my contact info although the phone is still locked.
    Good idea I would like to see this added as well. I didnt think about it until just now.
    04-13-09 02:42 PM
    I dont like how the phone uses the accelerometer. I would like to see this app where its portrait only cause it just bugs how it keeps switching and then the wallpaper changes with it. Like DMG's slide app, it just sticks in portrait. very nice.
    04-13-09 02:50 PM
    I dont like how the phone uses the accelerometer. I would like to see this app where its portrait only cause it just bugs how it keeps switching and then the wallpaper changes with it. Like DMG's slide app, it just sticks in portrait. very nice.
    Initial plans had this app locked in portrait, however after testing, it seems that the BlackBerry can sometimes not lock the orientation when the lock screen is opened through the autolocking system. If you open it by clicking the icon or button, it works fine, however there was strange and unreliable behavior when locking automatically. If we can solve the issue, then the ability to lock in an orientation will be added.
    04-13-09 02:53 PM
    FWIW I like having it in portrait and landscape mode. Now if we could get the owner information added it would be near perfect.
    04-13-09 02:55 PM
    When trying to run the app i get" Patternlock is requesting changes to application control Permissions."

Click "View"

Interactions = Deny and will not change to "Allow"
    Input Simulation = Deny and will not give me any options

I have tried changing the permissions under setup/applications and i have reinstalled twice and nothing.

Any suggestions?
    04-13-09 03:04 PM
    FWIW I like having it in portrait and landscape mode. Now if we could get the owner information added it would be near perfect.
    Seeing that the screen is already quite full with the pattern entry dots, unlike the regular lock screen which is empty, do you have any suggestions where that information could go?
    04-13-09 03:05 PM
    When trying to run the app i get" Patternlock is requesting changes to application control Permissions."

Click "View"

Interactions = Deny and will not change to "Allow"
    Input Simulation = Deny and will not give me any options

I have tried changing the permissions under setup/applications and i have reinstalled twice and nothing.

Any suggestions?
    Are you under an IT policy that forces that permission to Deny?
    04-13-09 03:06 PM
    Thanks that may be it. IT gone for the day i will chack tomorrow, thanks.
    04-13-09 03:09 PM
    ok i love the app but i carry my phone in my pocket. if the screen unintentionally gets depressed the screen comes on. same problem as the lock mode when the storm came out. if effect i believe this kills the battery by having the screen go on and off. i may use it or i may not. i havent decided yet

Same here. I really like this app but I'd love it if there was an option to prevent the backlight from going on when the screen is pressed in.
    Also, I know that currently we don't have the ability to modify what the lock button on top of the phone does, but how likely is it that we eventually will?

If the backlight issue is changed and we could turn this lock on with the actual lock button, Patternlock would be perfect in my eyes.

Here's an image I made for the background screen. Figured I'd post it up for anybody who wants to use it

04-13-09 03:39 PM
    Seeing that the screen is already quite full with the pattern entry dots, unlike the regular lock screen which is empty, do you have any suggestions where that information could go?
    Maybe the "Enter Secret Pattern" could be moved below the dots (or removed entirely), and the text could go there. Not much text is needed to provide the info necessary, and I think it would make a huge difference.
    04-13-09 03:45 PM
    great app, cant complain!
    04-13-09 05:59 PM
    Great app. Did you get the idea from the Google G1? Works like a charm. I never locked the phone because typing a pw is a PITA to me. Now this secures my phone. SWEEET!
    04-13-09 06:02 PM
    I actually use PatternLock in conjunction with the lock button on top of the phone. This way, the phone doesn't light up when I hit the screen in my pocket and when I unlock the phone from the button on top, PatternLock is displayed. This way, instead of having to type in my password, the phone wakes up so to speak and I just have to use PatternLock to gain access to the phone.

Also, if you use the lock button this way, you can hit one of the four main buttons and it still shows your notifications, but still prevents someone from gaining access to your device. Not to mention it also shows your personal info on that screen.
    04-13-09 06:26 PM
    Does the screen show the small email,message icon alerts on the top or is it only my phone?
    04-13-09 07:20 PM
    Does the screen show the small email,message icon alerts on the top or is it only my phone?
    Read the thread maeng... just a couple pages ago it was said that it couldnt be done at this time.
    04-13-09 07:45 PM
    PatternLock has been updated to version 1.0.2

NEW IN VERSION 1.0.2
    ---------------------------------
    - Added the option to define backlight timeout when device is locked
    - Added the option to define backlight timeout when device is unlocked (Set this to be the same value as the one in your Screen/Keyboard settings so that when you unlock with PatternLock, your backlight behaves as expected. Getting the user defined backlight timeout programmatically is unreliable, so we added this option so that you can guarantee the timeout happens when you want)
    - Added the option to display Owner Info. When this option is set to Yes, the pattern entry dots will be faded out until you touch the screen. While they are faded out, your owner information will show. When you touch the screen, the dots will show and the owner information will hide.

To download, just revisit the download link sent to you when you first purchased the application. If you lost the email, visit the "My Account" page in the store and you should find the link there. If you still haven't purchased it and want to buy it, the links are in the original post (it is $0.99 only for a limited time)
    04-13-09 08:41 PM
    lol i just bought this, now i have to wait for a reboot so i can download the update
    04-13-09 08:47 PM
    Hey everyone, seeing as i do not have a credit card to put this purchase on, I would really appreciate if someone would please PM me to discuss the application and how I could lay my hands on a copy of it thanks everybody
    04-13-09 08:56 PM
1,600 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD