in a NEW update for PatternLock you should definitely add new notifications to it like SMS/MMS messages, emails, voicemails, etc. on the lock screen... i think that's the only thing that is missing. o ya one more thing if you can put in the service bars it would be sweet too

whats in the works for a newer version of PatternLock, if not this?

something kinda like this is what im talking about

i KNO i KNO my masterpiece is amaZing lol

04-12-09 04:30 AM
    Really really nice app Tafasa. It works really well, and is definitely worth a measly dollar. Wake up time is amazing, screen flys back to the homescreen faster than any other lock mechanism including the storm's built in.

The only thing that I wish it had was some kind of visual notification of messages. Thx again.
    same here.
    04-12-09 04:31 AM
    This is my default locking tool so great job guys, my only gripe is it doesn't show if I have any unread txts or missed calls

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 06:43 AM
    This is my default locking tool so great job guys, my only gripe is it doesn't show if I have any unread txts or missed calls

Red LED light should blink
    04-12-09 07:11 AM
    Cool app! Is there anyway to lock it in portrait mode?

04-12-09 08:21 AM
    Only found one bug, if it can be called a bug. When in bedside mode on the charger, after the backlight dims, after the preset time, the lock engages. Its as if pattern lock doesn't recognize that the backlight is still illuminated. I'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed or if it is by design. I know I can go to options and disable the lock but that is kind of a pain.

04-12-09 08:46 AM
    This app looks fantastic. Any chance that it can allow longer periods (i.e., more than 1 hour) before locking? I would love an option to wait 2 or 4 hours before locking. Or instead of a popup menu with predetermined time, using a text entry field to simply ask the user to specify how many minutes before locking.

Having a longer period would make this an instant buy for me.
    04-12-09 08:55 AM
    Only found one bug, if it can be called a bug. When in bedside mode on the charger, after the backlight dims, after the preset time, the lock engages. Its as if pattern lock doesn't recognize that the backlight is still illuminated. I'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed or if it is by design. I know I can go to options and disable the lock but that is kind of a pain.

You beat me to it! I was JUST about to post this. I think IF you're in bedside mode, the lock should not activate because when someone calls in the middle of the night, I take long enough without a lock to answer it! :P

Also I agree, notification icons would be nice as well.

Otherwise, I am beyond happy that I purchased this, Tafasa. It's a great application!
    04-12-09 09:19 AM
    Hey guys i'm running .109; and when this app is in motion alarms won't go off. Anyone else having this problem?
    04-12-09 09:22 AM
    Hey guys i'm running .109; and when this app is in motion alarms won't go off. Anyone else having this problem?
    I haven't even tried yet. I'm on .122 and I use my Storm as my bedside clock/alarm so come tomorrow if that didn't work, I'd be a sad monkey.

EDIT: In bedside mode, when PatternLock comes on, the alarm will not sound. You do get the snooze/dismiss dialogue but no audible notifications. I hope the bedside issue can be resolved (by PatternLock not activating at all in bedside mode), because that would make it perfect for those in the same boat as me who use their Storm as a bedside alarm.

Thanks again Tafasa!
    Last edited by joski; 04-12-09 at 09:33 AM.
    04-12-09 09:24 AM
    yo this app cool i was showing it off. people with iphone where hating lol. tas you rule
    04-12-09 09:36 AM
    The biggest difference, for me, between PatternLock and DMG's StormSlider is that if you hold the BB key, the application list appears then disappears almost instantly. You can't click on anything, which is good. With the Slider you can change applications by holding the BB key.

This just adds that last bit of locking that is missing from the Slider.
    04-12-09 09:38 AM
    We are looking into these issues now. Hopefully there will be an update soon. It seems that in bedside mode, the BlackBerry indicates that the backlight is "off".
    04-12-09 09:39 AM
    My coffee isn't working. I read that and thought "motion alarms"? This thing has motion alarms? lol!
    04-12-09 09:43 AM

x1000. This happend to me last night, really was kind of a pain. I love the app but this will be a serious issue for me as I use the cradle/bedside mode every night.

I don't know how easy a fix of this, but a work around could be having an "auto off - auto on" time for the program.
    04-12-09 10:10 AM
    There doesn't seem to be a way to detect Bedside mode being on. The alternate solution is to have the lock disabled whenever the Clock application is running. This could be made as one of the options. Would this be an acceptable solution?
    04-12-09 10:26 AM
    There doesn't seem to be a way to detect Bedside mode being on. The alternate solution is to have the lock disabled whenever the Clock application is running. This could be made as one of the options. Would this be an acceptable solution?
    thats actually a great idea. The only time I have the clock on is when its on the charger so that'd be a perfect fix.
    04-12-09 10:30 AM
    Ya I think that would resolve the issue. It seems to be that the event that triggers the timer is the backlight beginning to dim, and not when it actually turns off. If it were possible to detect when the backlight actually switches off then this would solve the problem as well, since the backlight never switches off in bedside mode.

04-12-09 11:46 AM
    Is it possible to change the picture from default without having to reinstall it?
    04-12-09 12:06 PM
    Is it possible to change the picture from default without having to reinstall it?
    under options, go to patternlock and its the last customizable option.
    04-12-09 12:25 PM
    I agree with the others too! This would fix it because the only time most people use the clock, PatternLock isn't/shouldn't be required.
    04-12-09 12:40 PM
    i bought this and i really like it. the only issue im having with it is the lines wont always finish with my finger. my password is a sigma (Im a kappa sig) but it sometimes only starts at the second dot or wont recognize my finger changing direction. idk if this is a software sensitivity issue or a hardware issue.
    04-12-09 12:47 PM
    i bought this and i really like it. the only issue im having with it is the lines wont always finish with my finger. my password is a sigma (Im a kappa sig) but it sometimes only starts at the second dot or wont recognize my finger changing direction. idk if this is a software sensitivity issue or a hardware issue.
    I've found it pretty responsive/accurate. I've made a couple mistakes with it before but I never exceed 3 attempts myself.
    04-12-09 12:52 PM
    For the pattern to register, you have to run your finger pretty accurately over the dot. Are you sure you are doing this? Sometimes when you go too quickly, your finger actually misses a dot.
    04-12-09 12:53 PM
    Well worth $3 and Definately worth more than the 99cents it is right now!! just bought it and LOVE IT!! Now if we can only find away to make it work with factory lock button! All these hybrids floating around there needs to be a way lol...
    04-12-09 12:56 PM
1,600 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD