i mean, im using it rite now, its on the app, its locked, i just waited one minute, its on the lock app, im pressing the four buttons, its not unlocking......(the PatternLock options is actually in the bb options menu)
    04-11-09 04:02 PM
    Thanks for the clarification. Sounds good. About to buy it
    I just downloaded the app. looks pretty slick and works exactly as expected, with all the buttons disabled.
    Introducing PatternLock, the pattern based lock application from Tafasa!
    Anyway to change the amount of time it takes to kick on? Instead of 1 minute, I would prefer 10 seconds...
    04-11-09 04:04 PM
    wow just got it love it but how do i set a different pic it keeps telling me no pics avl
    04-11-09 04:06 PM
    wow just got it love it but how do i set a different pic it keeps telling me no pics avl
    It's browsing (by default) in a different folder. Hit the top icon that looks like "..." to go back and browse on your SD card for your pics.
    04-11-09 04:07 PM
    Click the Up arrow next to the "..." to move up in the folder structure until you get to the folder you want. That screen is a basic file explorer. If it says that no pictures are available, it means that there aren't any pictures in the folder that you are in.
    04-11-09 04:07 PM
    Anyway to change the amount of time it takes to kick on? Instead of 1 minute, I would prefer 10 seconds...
    We will keep that in mind for a future update. We initially picked the time intervals to match the ones offered by RIM in the built in lock application.
    04-11-09 04:08 PM
    Just bought it. Now I have my AndroidStorm theme and my Patternlock. Love it!!! Great app, must download!!!!!!
    04-11-09 04:11 PM
    sorry to beat a dead horse, but are the keys still disabled even after the backlight times out? and also, what happens if you forget the pattern??

ive never paid for an app yet but im considering it...
    04-11-09 04:15 PM
    We will keep that in mind for a future update. We initially picked the time intervals to match the ones offered by RIM in the built in lock application.
    Being able to lock in 10 seconds would be very nice. To me, it kind of helps with the fact that RIM doesn't let you override the lock button on the phone. Instead of locking it, I could just wait for the screen to go black and know that it would be locked pretty quickly.

In fact, I would go so far as to say I'd like the phone to lock 1 second after going black...

I really hope RIM releases something SOMETIME that lets you override their damned lock button...
    04-11-09 04:19 PM
    damn.. i want!! But a 1 day trial would be awesome just to make sure it meets my needs!! or maybe a few more free copies???

Also I am curious what happens when a call comes in and the screen is "locked"

does it over ride?
    Last edited by ddarvish; 04-11-09 at 04:25 PM.
    04-11-09 04:20 PM
    1 Sec, 10 Sec, 30 Sec should all def be added to the options

Here's a WARNING to everyone!!
    If you have a bad memory, don't set this to start up automatically with the phone and forget your pattern code!
    04-11-09 04:26 PM
    It's browsing (by default) in a different folder. Hit the top icon that looks like "..." to go back and browse on your SD card for your pics.
    thank you that worked
    Last edited by nextyear; 04-11-09 at 04:36 PM. Reason: missed spelled word
    04-11-09 04:33 PM
    Is the screen disabled when the lock is on? Meaning if I set the lock and throw my phone in my pocket and I bump into something and it depresses the button does this activate the screen?
    04-11-09 04:39 PM
    Is the screen disabled when the lock is on? Meaning if I set the lock and throw my phone in my pocket and I bump into something and it depresses the button does this activate the screen?
    Yes, the screen will activate. However, when your device is locked, your backlight timeout is set to a very short time. That means that your screen will turn off again within 5 seconds. When you unlock by entering the pattern, your backlight timeout time will go back to the default setting.
    04-11-09 04:44 PM
    Yes, the screen will activate. However, when your device is locked, your backlight timeout is set to a very short time. That means that your screen will turn off again within 5 seconds. When you unlock by entering the pattern, your backlight timeout time will go back to the default setting.
    hey. does this program in any way interfere with incoming calls. if not once i hang up will it reactivate?

also you thinkin of adding another 20 free copies
    04-11-09 04:46 PM
    Hmm possibly the only downside to this app.. That is one of the things I love about the newer betas is that the screen ones timed out and locked will not turn back on unless a hard key is pressed.. I understand how this could not be done with your app because you can not tie a hard key to the app to bring the screen back on if it was set this way.. Probably great for people with holsters or cases as their screen won't be pressed accidently, then you have me a pocket carrier that has his screen pressed at least 100,000k times a day. May give it a shot anyway, thanks for making an app that truly starts to make this phone interesting.

04-11-09 04:52 PM
    hey. does this program in any way interfere with incoming calls. if not once i hang up will it reactivate?

also you thinkin of adding another 20 free copies
    When you get a call, if your device was locked prior to the call it should re-lock immediately after you are done. It will also not lock the screen in the middle of the call even if the backlight has been off for a long time. It will start counting the inactive time once the call is done, if the backlight is off. It shouldn't interfere with your ability to use the phone.
    04-11-09 04:53 PM
    Just thought I'd drop a post to say this very principle is actually built in to the new HTC Magic.
    04-11-09 05:04 PM
    Just thought I'd drop a post to say this very principle is actually built in to the new HTC Magic.
    It's also built into the G1..................................
    04-11-09 05:06 PM
    20 More Free Copies for Easter? Lol Looks good nice work.
    04-11-09 05:16 PM
    this app is amazing i love it
    04-11-09 05:44 PM
    Got my copy. I like it. Thanks!! Good job to the developer.
    04-11-09 05:46 PM
    What happens when you get a missed call notification or a voice mail notification (the pop-up notifications)? Does the lock say "in front" of the notifications or do the notifications appear "in front" of the lock (which could cause you to accidentally call someone or call your voice mail)?
    04-11-09 05:50 PM
1,600 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD