@dimm0k,

Send me an email (support at fonware dot ca).
    04-02-12 09:51 PM
    it's easy to make your own hotkeys, the only thing you need is a simple app which can change the name of your installed app. Just add an underline in any letter of an app's name. Anymore, if the key has been used by system app, then you set the system app's icon hide.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    04-03-12 01:06 AM
    I need help on setup on how to launch AppWorld v3.1.2.32
    04-23-12 10:16 PM
    I need help on setup on how to launch AppWorld v3.1.2.32
    I spent 5 hours yesterday to find out how to launch this new version of App World (RIM, again, changed something in it so it is not launching using the way it could be launched before).
    Doesn't matter what I changed in the code, App World didn't want to launch.
    I will try again today. If I find a solution, I will add it to a new version of MyOwnHotKeys and release it.
    04-24-12 06:52 AM
    I spent 5 hours yesterday to find out how to launch this new version of App World (RIM, again, changed something in it so it is not launching using the way it could be launched before).
    Doesn't matter what I changed in the code, App World didn't want to launch.
    I will try again today. If I find a solution, I will add it to a new version of MyOwnHotKeys and release it.
    Thank you for trying. I realized AppWorld keeps changing the code to launch the app, but no biggie if there's no solution to launch with hotkeys. I can live with one app by launching the old fashion way.
    04-24-12 08:35 AM
    Why is my device getting advertisement for MediaKeyBooster and NFCShortcuts when MultiClick menu is displayed? These are located under the "specific key" setup on the menu. For example from the menu

DisplayName1
    DisplayName2
    DisplayName3
    DisplayName4
    J Setup
    -------------
    MediaKeyBooster
    NFCShortcuts

I don't recall these ads when this app was first installed.
    05-23-12 04:04 PM
    Hi, this is a very good app

questions and suggestions:

1. Is there a way to access text messages directly? not the usual messages then text message because if i tap the text messages icon and press c it goes to new sms while if I use the mohk shortcut key it will still create an email instead of sms.
    I was using BB OS 6 with a modified shortcut key theme and I can use $ to load text message directly then press c for compose, I'm not really sure but if a theme can directly load text message, maybe this app can do it too?

2. I have an exchange server email, how do I use shortcut keys to access it directly? The mohk shortcut key for messages will load the universal inbox.
    Last edited by ejoya; 05-23-12 at 08:23 PM.
    05-23-12 08:17 PM
    Why is my device getting advertisement for MediaKeyBooster and NFCShortcuts when MultiClick menu is displayed? These are located under the "specific key" setup on the menu. For example from the menu

DisplayName1
    DisplayName2
    DisplayName3
    DisplayName4
    J Setup
    -------------
    MediaKeyBooster
    NFCShortcuts

I don't recall these ads when this app was first installed.
    Correct, these were added later on.

Hi, this is a very good app

questions and suggestions:

1. Is there a way to access text messages directly? not the usual messages then text message because if i tap the text messages icon and press c it goes to new sms while if I use the mohk shortcut key it will still create an email instead of sms.
    I was using BB OS 6 with a modified shortcut key theme and I can use $ to load text message directly then press c for compose, I'm not really sure but if a theme can directly load text message, maybe this app can do it too?

2. I have an exchange server email, how do I use shortcut keys to access it directly? The mohk shortcut key for messages will load the universal inbox.
    I just wiped my phone and installed new OS, so I dont actually have MOHK installed at the moment, but to access the SMS inbox there's a Messages_SMS option if I recall correctly.

As for accessing a specific email account ... I don't think there's a way for MOHK (or any app) to take you directly to it. With an app like ShortcutMe I could write a macro that would take you there, but it would be a second or two delay while input simulation ran.
    05-24-12 12:43 PM
    Thanks Juggalo,

I was just hoping there's a way to directly access text messages wherein the C shortcut will create sms instead of email, but nevermind, I guess I can use another shortcut key for sms compose.

Hopefully the next version will have $ included. Thanks for developing this app.
    05-24-12 01:03 PM
    Thanks Juggalo,

I was just hoping there's a way to directly access text messages wherein the C shortcut will create sms instead of email, but nevermind, I guess I can use another shortcut key for sms compose.

Hopefully the next version will have $ included. Thanks for developing this app.
    Actually, the next version won't include $. This was looked into extensively for Fonware's MyOwnIcons app, and he said it just couldn't be done. Looks like only themes can map the $ key :< apps cannot.
    05-24-12 01:09 PM
    Actually, the next version won't include $. This was looked into extensively for Fonware's MyOwnIcons app, and he said it just couldn't be done. Looks like only themes can map the $ key :< apps cannot.
    Iconify can map the $ key.
    05-24-12 07:54 PM
    Orly. That's good news ;o
    Also, on OS7?
    05-24-12 08:13 PM
    Orly. That's good news ;o
    Also, on OS7?
    Yes - working fine on my 9900 7.1.0.342.
    05-24-12 08:16 PM
    Yes - working fine on my 9900 7.1.0.342.
    Nice... Well fingers crossed then
    05-24-12 08:24 PM
    Nice... Well fingers crossed then
    I will try to add $ as a Hotkey so that A-Z, Space, $ can each launch upto 3 apps each.
    It might take some time as I am busy updating other apps.
    JC61 likes this.
    05-26-12 10:24 AM
    Would it be possible to include support for the 0 (zero) key as well as $/� etc. please? I currently have to run Iconify for those and would like to just have MOHK (MOHK is superior in my opinion as it allows you to override the RIM pre-assigned home screen shortcut keys).

Also, I've just upgraded from OS 7.1.0.342 to 7.1.0.437 and I still have random issues with some MOHK hot-key overrides not working.

For example, with .342 I could not get MOHK to override the V key - it would always come up with Saved Messages (the RIM default) no matter what I did. With .437 the V key can now be overridden successfully, but I now can't override the L key - it always comes up with the standard BB calendar.

Please note that I've successfully configured all the other keys, tried battery pulls, assigning different apps, testing the above-mentioned keys with apps that definitely launch OK with other keys, Refresh OS Settings in the menu etc. When I select the MOHK L icon shortcut on the homescreen, the app I set to launch opens - but when I press the L key I still get the RIM calendar.

Please keep up the good work with the app - it's really excellent.

Many thanks.
    06-06-12 12:59 PM
    Hi, first of, good job on MOHK app. I just have the same issue with the V key also. I've tried everything as JC61 did but to no avail. But aside from that I'm perfectly happy with MOHK app.
    JC61 likes this.
    06-08-12 08:40 AM
    JC61 and Klintoncloud, good to know that you like the app.

I can't reproduce the issue with the V and other hotkeys you are experiencing.

Please send email to mohk at fonware dot ca so that we can hopefully figure out what might be the problem.
    06-08-12 11:14 AM
    Hi,

I Also had troubles with mohk launching default apps. Here is how I fixed it:

1) make sure the mohk shortcut letter ("L" for instance) is not hidden, thus viewable when 'show all' in the main screen is unchecked.
    2) make sure default application is hidden. So in case of calendar make sure that the application icon is hidden.

Now the L mohk should work to launch other apps.

I have a question of my own also. Scoremobile fc can only be launched with the asterisk alternative launch if the app hasn't been opened before. I was wondering what is alternative launching exactly? How does it work, what does it do?

Cheers!
    06-14-12 07:16 AM
    @WakyEggs,

Good observation. On some BB OS versions, if one or few hotkeys are not overridden by MOHK, try to un-hide the related MOHK icon, do a restart to see if MOHK has managed to override. If not, hide the default app that is launched with the hotkey (if that app has an icon), then restart the BB to override the default hotkey.

klintoncloud, and JC61, can you try the above and see if you can get those remaining hotkeys back from the BB OS?

I have a question of my own also. Scoremobile fc can only be launched with the asterisk alternative launch if the app hasn't been opened before. I was wondering what is alternative launching exactly? How does it work, what does it do?
    If an app can't be launched using the default launching method, setting the Alternative Launch will force the MOHK to try other ways to launch the app.
    Last edited by Vijik; 06-17-12 at 09:39 AM.
    06-17-12 09:35 AM
    MyOwnHotKeys 1.3.5.0 should now be available on App World.

It should hopefully have a fix that makes sure MOHK_Message_X functions working properly on all BB OS and BB models.
    06-19-12 05:14 AM
    App World shows upgrade as available, but v1.3.4.2 (current installed version) shows as latest when attempting to upgrade.
    06-19-12 05:44 AM
    I'm also getting 1.3.4.2 which doesn't fix the sms page shortcut.
    06-20-12 10:45 PM
    Hello, I was considering getting this app, but before I do I wanted to be sure how it works.
    When I map shortcuts to keys like v, c, or h and press one of them while on my home screen, will the shortcut launch right away or will a menu open (provided that I haven't mapped any multi clicks on those keys) ? Similarly, will any menu open when I use the regular BB shortcuts like l, n, b without a menu opening (provided that I haven't mapped anything on them) ?
    07-16-12 12:52 AM
    I'm also getting 1.3.4.2 which doesn't fix the sms page shortcut.
    Did you get 1.3.5.0 from App World at the end?
    07-16-12 10:19 AM
322 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD