Some users don't like the delay created by multiclick feature when they launch 1x option of a hotkey.

For example lycafe said he was happy with having 27 (A-Z, Space) customizable hotkeys. He has disabled multiclick for all hotkeys.
    That way his hotkeys launch 1x option spontaneous.

Now, he can keep that spontaneous launching for 26 hotkeys, only enabling multiclick for one hotkey, let's say A hotkey.

Currently on his BB, C (spontaneously) launches for example Calendar. He can keep that fast launching while he can use A-C, A-CC, A-CCC to launch other things. (Even that multiclick is Off for C and other 25 hotkeys)
    You read me like a book.. and thank you for a great suggestion about leaving one key as "enabled" so that I can get access like as if I was to press the "home" button.
    Vijik likes this.
    03-08-12 11:41 AM
    This is a fantastic app and like someone else said, its now one of my must have apps. Up there with BeBuzz.
    Thanks! I need more apps to use to fill up all the available hot keys lol!
    If you have ShortcutMe, it shouldn't be a problem to fill hotkeys with your macro Shortcuts (for example a hotkey for running the Leaving Home macro shortcut in ShortcutMe: hit L to turn off WiFi, turn on Radio, turn on Bluetooth for car's handfree system, and launch a playlist to listen to music in the car. All of that with just clicking a hotkey!)
    03-08-12 09:23 PM
    Loving this app. Has there been any resolution to the sms page issue where you have to use the menu key to launch compose?
    03-13-12 01:15 AM
    Loving this app. Has there been any resolution to the sms page issue where you have to use the menu key to launch compose?
    The SMS page that use launched by 3rd party apps is different than the "Text Messages" launched by the homescreen icon from RIM. There's nothing (as far as I know) that can be done about the different menu items that appear. Basically, you'll just have to use "Compose other, compose text message"

Unless you want a hotkey that'll directly take you to composing an sms, in which case use MOHK_New_SMS
    03-13-12 01:23 AM
    Moving this post from an old ShortcutMe thread:

Hum... I bought MOHK a few weeks back and am wondering if this shortcutme is the same as MOHK? I'm assuming you can launch more with shortcutme. So what's the difference between the 2 apps?
    No ShortcutMe is not the same as MyOwnHotKeys, even that it is well integrated with it.

MyOwnHotKeys can launch apps/some functions without requiring you to click a key before the shortcut key (truly single click shortcut/hotkey).

ShortcutMe (and all other shortcut/launcher apps) require you to first open them and then run a shortcut.
    Exception for this is that if you have both MOHK and ShortcutMe, you can also launch shortcuts in ShortcutMe without requiring to open ShortcutMe first.

ShortcutMe, however, has macro and many other features like Direct Launch (launch apps and functions without even creating a shortcut), Scheduled Launch (launch shortcuts at certain time of day and day of week, or certain time after a device reboot, or recurrent launching), Custom Menu Option, Cascading Shortcuts, and more.

Macros in ShortcutMe allow you to automate almost anything from single to very sophisticated tasks to increase your productivity/save time.

For example, by running one single ShortcutMe shortcut, lets call it Leaving Home shortcut, ShortcutMe will turn off Wifi (disconnect from home network), turn on Radio, Turn on Bluetooth (to connect to music system in the car), start your favorite music, send email etc.
    03-24-12 11:42 AM
    Moving this one, again, from an old thread (please don't post in that thread that has a title about %50 off sale, something that is not valid now):

okay I just watched the vid of shortcutme and I think I got an idea of this app. This is similar to quick launch which I used to own (older version). I know that MOHK integrates with shortcutme but how exactly? I basically want to able to launch other stuff that's MOHK is limited to, using just keys and not having to launch anything before hand.
    Just create a shortcut doing what you want in ShortcutMe and set its shortcuts keys, for example LH for a macro shortcut that does tons of things when you leave home.

Now, set one of your BB's hotkeys (let's say L) in MyOwnHotKeys to launch that shortcut:
    Launches: ShortcutMe
    Parameter: LH

Now each time you click L hotkey, LH shortcut in ShortcutMe is executed.
    03-25-12 09:02 AM
    Moving this one, again, from an old thread (please don't post in that thread that has a title about %50 off sale, something that is not valid now):

Just create a shortcut doing what you want in ShortcutMe and set its shortcuts keys, for example LH for a macro shortcut that does tons of things when you leave home.

Now, set one of your BB's hotkeys (let's say L) in MyOwnHotKeys to launch that shortcut:
    Launches: ShortcutMe
    Parameter: LH

Now each time you click L hotkey, LH shortcut in ShortcutMe is executed.
    Arh I see. This much better than quicklaunch, well when you use MOHK + shortcutme. Any chance for the discount for shortcutme still? I guess the offer has probably expired.

Thanks.
    03-25-12 10:23 PM
    Arh I see. This much better than quicklaunch, well when you use MOHK + shortcutme. Any chance for the discount for shortcutme still? I guess the offer has probably expired.

Thanks.
    Why not, you have already helped me a lot with your feedback and testing of MOHK that you deserve a discount.
    Send me email (support at fonware dot ca) and we figure out a proper deal.
    03-26-12 06:04 AM
    Using version 1.3.4.0 and noticed some bugs...

Can't seem to launch BlackBerry AppWorld using MOHK... doesn't work with latest version of SCM either it seems.

For me if I go into MOHK and choose "Show Hot Key Settings", I have 'A' assigned to AppWorld. Without changing anything if I press 'B' to move to that hot key's settings followed by 'C', I am asked if I want to save settings even though I didn't change anything. Not sure if this happens with other hot key assignments as MOHK doesn't let me save and continue. Only options are save & exit, exit, cancel. Possible to add a save & stay?
    03-26-12 09:13 AM
    To launch AppWorld, set AlternativeLaunching = #
    dimm0k likes this.
    03-28-12 03:51 AM
    @dimm0k,

"Do you want to save changes" doesn't seam to be a serious bug, but I still can't reproduce it.
    What do you have set A, B, and C hotkeys in your MyOwnHotKeys?

"Save & Exit" is the only option because MOHK gets updated with changes when it restarts.
    Last edited by Vijik; 03-30-12 at 10:57 PM.
    03-28-12 07:00 AM
    To launch AppWorld, set AlternativeLaunching = #
    Thanks, I keep forgetting about the use of alternate launching!
    03-28-12 07:34 AM
    @dimm0k,

"Do you want to save changes" doesn't seam to be a very bad bug, but I still can't reproduce it.
    What do you have set A, B, and C hotkeys in your MyOwnHotKeys?

"Save & Exit" is the only option because MOHK gets updated with changes when it restarts.
    I currently have A assigned to AppWorld with B and C disabled for the OS defaults. When I go into MOHK through the homescreen icon it starts off by showing A's assignment. Pressing B shows disabled with not save message. Pressing C afterward brings up the save message even though nothing was changed for A and B. This seems to be triggered after opening a letter that has been assigned to something and then going to consecutive letters following it. So after the above mentioned A, B, C, pressing any letters at this point there are no more messages to save. However if I press F, which is assigned to Facebook, followed by G, and then H I am then asked to save before going to H.
    03-28-12 08:20 AM
    Firstly, this is a GREAT app, thanks so much. I use keyboard shortcuts extensively and the option to customise previously unavailable RIM-preassigned keys is awesome.

I have couple of issues and suggestions. I have a Bold 9900 running 7.1.0.342.

1. I can't seem to change the V key - it always just comes up with saved messages. It's definitely set correctly - I've used MOHK successfully for almost all my other keys. I'm trying to set it to open the Video Camera ("Video Recorder") - I also tried it on simple stuff for test purposes e.g. Tasks but V still won't work for me.

2. I can't "Disable" the A key. I want to leave this at the RIM-preassigned Contacts, but when "Disable" is set the key does nothing at all. I got round it by setting "Enable" to launch contacts through MOHK, but I guess this is nevertheless a minor issue. I also had trouble assigning the L key to something else - for a while it kept returning to Calendar, but eventually after several reboots / "Refresh OS" it seems to have worked.

3. It would be great if you could allow the 0 (zero) and currency key to be usable. At the moment I have to have Iconify installed to do this - would rather just use MOHK for everything.

4. Could you allow key shortcuts to websites through MOHK? (I'm guessing ShortCutMe can do this but it would be good to allow simple website launching directly from MOHK)

5. Would it be possible to include press and hold as a key option? I've always wanted to be able to essentially use speed dial to do various things e.g. launching apps rather than just making calls. This is a feature from old Windows Mobile which I miss.

Many thanks again for your work on this app - it's a big improvement to my BB productivity. Cheers.
    03-30-12 10:08 AM
    Firstly, this is a GREAT app, thanks so much. I use keyboard shortcuts extensively and the option to customise previously unavailable RIM-preassigned keys is awesome.

I have couple of issues and suggestions. I have a Bold 9900 running 7.1.0.342.
    Not sure if you've tried this already, but when you're in MOHK and press the BB button there's an option called "refresh OS settings". Try using that if your key assignments don't work properly... if it still doesn't fix, then try a battery pull. For me, I've always had to do the battery pull.
    03-30-12 10:26 AM
    Is it possible to put in a backup and restore option.
    03-30-12 11:05 AM
    @JC61,

Glad to see that you like the app.

1,2: Already addressed by dimm0k.
    In general, if you find out that BB OS doesn't like your change of it's hotkeys (Enable, Disable), you should try "Refresh OS Settings" and if that one also doesn't help a device restart is necessary. This is only needed when you change hotkey mode to and from Disable mode.

3, 5: I haven't found a way to override $ and 0. But since others have done it, I should be able to do that too.
    Will add it but not very soon as I am busy with upgrading another app.

4: You can set Launches to Browser or MOHK_Browser and set Parameter to a web link:
    1x B Launches: Browser
    1x B Parameter: web.com
    03-30-12 11:10 PM
    Is it possible to put in a backup and restore option.
    This is already in the app:
    Open MyOwnHotKeys, hit BB key and select Store ... or Restore...
    03-30-12 11:11 PM
    This is already in the app:
    Open MyOwnHotKeys, hit BB key and select Store ... or Restore...
    Totally missed it. Thanks for building a great product.
    Vijik likes this.
    03-30-12 11:37 PM
    For those of you who have MyOwnHotKeys but will use your app to run macro shortcuts in ShortcutMe:

ShortcutMe is on sale today (%40 off).

If you have a friend who wants to get both apps, today they can get MyOwnHotKeys and ShortcutMe for the price of one.
    03-31-12 09:58 AM
    For those of you who have MyOwnHotKeys but will use your app to run macro shortcuts in ShortcutMe:

ShortcutMe is on sale today (%40 off).

If you have a friend who wants to get both apps, today they can get MyOwnHotKeys and ShortcutMe for the price of one.
    Through BBworld?
    03-31-12 11:43 AM
    Through BBworld?
    Yes, only on App World.

I ended up withdrawing my apps from Mobihand.
    03-31-12 01:52 PM
    It says 4.99 when checking out but 2.99 at the description page.
    03-31-12 02:01 PM
    It says 4.99 when checking out but 2.99 at the description page.
    You are right.
    I don't know why App World does this. How can a store show one price but charge you more when you pay?
    With this bug, App World behaves like an illegitimate store stealing money!

Anyways, anyone who ended up (or ends up) paying more than advertised, please send an email to
    help at blackberry dot com and CC
    support at fonware dot ca

I am sure App World will refund you the extra money they have incorrectly charged you.
    If not, Fonware will refund you that money. So, one way or another you will get your money back.
    03-31-12 02:09 PM
    I currently have A assigned to AppWorld with B and C disabled for the OS defaults. When I go into MOHK through the homescreen icon it starts off by showing A's assignment. Pressing B shows disabled with not save message. Pressing C afterward brings up the save message even though nothing was changed for A and B. This seems to be triggered after opening a letter that has been assigned to something and then going to consecutive letters following it. So after the above mentioned A, B, C, pressing any letters at this point there are no more messages to save. However if I press F, which is assigned to Facebook, followed by G, and then H I am then asked to save before going to H.

Vijik, were you able to reproduce this on your end?

Yes, only on App World.

I ended up withdrawing my apps from Mobihand.
    Again? Any way to transfer my licenses from Mobihand to App World?
    04-02-12 08:59 AM
322 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD