I did some more changes in 1.3.2.2 (on beta link). Please download it, make sure after device restart you go in the setting page and hit "Set App Permission" before testing MOHK_HelpMe.
    Unfortunately helpme still doesn't work.
    03-03-12 08:41 PM
    Everyone who has the link for beta, please download 1.3.2.2 and check and see if MOHK_HelpMe works on your BB.

I want to submit this version but I am going to wait for your test first.
    03-05-12 08:33 AM
    Unfortunately helpme still doesn't work.
    I'm using the latest official version from AW and it does work if you use the setting "enabled", but it will not work if you use the setting "multiclick disabled".
    03-05-12 01:21 PM
    I'm using the latest official version from AW and it does work if you use the setting "enabled", but it will not work if you use the setting "multiclick disabled".
    Thank you lycafe. You solved the problem.

I can see the bug now. All this time when I tested, I had multi click enabled and that is why I couldn't see what james2K8 experienced.

Now that I can re-produce the bug, I am able to remove it.
    Stay tuned.
    03-05-12 01:35 PM
    MyOwnHotKeys 1.3.3.0 is ready for download on beta link.

MOHK_HelpMe now works (at least on my BB) both when multiclick is enabled and when it is disabled.
    Please download and let me know if that is also the case with your BB.

Edit: Make sure that you click on "Set App Permissions" after you upgrade and before you try this function.
    Last edited by Vijik; 03-05-12 at 07:11 PM.
    03-05-12 07:07 PM
    Hi Vijik,
    Works fine both ways for me. I'm on a 9930 7.1.0.267. Hope it good for everyone else. Its a great app.
    03-05-12 07:40 PM
    MyOwnHotKeys 1.3.3.0 is ready for download on beta link.

MOHK_HelpMe now works (at least on my BB) both when multiclick is enabled and when it is disabled.
    Please download and let me know if that is also the case with your BB.

Edit: Make sure that you click on "Set App Permissions" after you upgrade and before you try this function.
    You finally fixed it!!! Thanks very much. Are you ready for the next bug? This is not important at all but I want your app to be perfect.

If you go to configure a shortcut that's disabled, eg go to a (disabled) and select enabled or enabled + multiclick, the option that shows app list doesn't show apps. You'd need to exit and save the setting and go back in to the app to see the list of apps. Does that make sense?

This bug presents on my device with latest version, not sure about everyone else.

Thanks again for your great work.
    03-05-12 09:33 PM
    MOHK_HelpMe is working flawless for me, and I do not have any bugs regarding enabling previously disabled hotkeys.

However, Browser accepts a parameter which I assumed could be a url. If it's suppose to launch a url then it's not working for me.

9900/7.1.0.267
    03-06-12 12:40 AM
    Thank you all for testing.
    Good to know that MOHK_HelpMe works now.

I will remove those other bugs and let you know when you can download the new version.
    lycafe likes this.
    03-06-12 07:57 AM
    MyOwnHotKeys 1.3.3.1 is now ready to be downloaded (from beta link).

It should have a fix for Browser (reported by Jugallo20) and for Mode change (reported by James2k8).

Parameter for Browser and MOHK_Browser is now optional.
    If the parameter is left empty, it will launch Browser, if it is set to for example cbc.ca the app will open http://cba.ca
    Last edited by Vijik; 03-07-12 at 07:35 AM.
    TomCanuck and james2k8 like this.
    03-06-12 07:13 PM
    MyOwnHotKeys 1.3.3.1 is now on ready to be downloaded (from beta link).

It should have a fix for Browser (reported by Jugallo20) and for Mode change (reported by James2k8).

If the parameter is left empty, it will launch Browser, if it is set to for example cbc.ca the app will open Canadian Bankers Association ? Association Des Banquiers Canadiens
    working perfect over here.
    03-06-12 07:33 PM
    Can someone tell me how I would go about to launch this app with a shortcut key? Is it possible to launch a page like as if you were to press on the "house" icon? I keep changing my hotkeys.. lol
    03-06-12 07:40 PM
    Can someone tell me how I would go about to launch this app with a shortcut key? Is it possible to launch a page like as if you were to press on the "house" icon? I keep changing my hotkeys.. lol
    I have no idea what you're asking... you want a hotkey to launch MyOwnHotkeys ("this app")? All the multiclick enabled hotkeys can launch the config. it's the 5th option in the multi click menu.
    03-06-12 07:51 PM

If the parameter is left empty, it will launch Browser, if it is set to for example cbc.ca the app will open http://cba.ca
    Works great on 9930 with 7.1.0.267
    03-06-12 08:34 PM

If the parameter is left empty, it will launch Browser, if it is set to for example cbc.ca the app will open Canadian Bankers Association ? Association Des Banquiers Canadiens
    Everything works for me so far.
    mhw100 likes this.
    03-06-12 09:15 PM
    I have no idea what you're asking... you want a hotkey to launch MyOwnHotkeys ("this app")? All the multiclick enabled hotkeys can launch the config. it's the 5th option in the multi click menu.
    All the hotkeys that I've set up on my phone, I set with "multiclick disable" and so I don't see that little window popup before it launches the app.. ie., if I press the "F" key, it will just launch Facebook without MOHK little window pop-up.
    03-06-12 09:34 PM
    All the hotkeys that I've set up on my phone, I set with "multiclick disable" and so I don't see that little window popup before it launches the app.. ie., if I press the "F" key, it will just launch Facebook without MOHK little window pop-up.
    As far as I know there's no option to assign the general config to a hotkey. Can't see many people needing this anyways heh. If hotkeys are getting changed so often it'd require a hotkey to open the conf I doubt people would ever be able to memorize their setup haha.
    03-06-12 09:42 PM
    As far as I know there's no option to assign the general config to a hotkey. Can't see many people needing this anyways heh. If hotkeys are getting changed so often it'd require a hotkey to open the conf I doubt people would ever be able to memorize their setup haha.
    I remember all my hotkeys from a to z.
    03-06-12 09:47 PM
    I remember all my hotkeys from a to z.
    I agree with Juggalo20. There might be few people who have disabled multiclick for all hotkeys and want to use a hotkey to launch MyOwnhotKeys instead of using the red home icon.
    But I will add support for it anyways.
    The new version will most likely have MOHK listed in Apps drop down list.
    03-07-12 07:47 AM
    MyOwnHotKeys 1.3.4.0 is now released on Mobihand and it is also submitted to App World.

I added MOHK function as lycafe requested.

In addition, Browser and MOHK_Browser functions are changed slightly.
    If you set their parameter to a media file (for example: file:///SDCard/x.mp3 ) they will run/show that media file.
    If you set parameter to a web url without having 'http://', 'http://' will automatically be added to the url.
    Last edited by Vijik; 03-07-12 at 08:43 PM.
    lycafe likes this.
    03-07-12 08:27 PM
    A trick to use multiclick for hotkeys even when have disabled multiclick:
    (Some of you might want to disable multiclick to have the hotkey quickly launch an app/shortcut avoiding to wait for the multiclick timer to kick in. This trick helps you to still overload the hotkey)

Set all 4 multiclick options for a hotkey (lets say for C hotkey). Then set the Mode for C hotkey to Enabled (multiclick off).
    Now when clicking C, it will quickly launch what you have set 1x to launch.

To launch 2x, 3x, and 4x muliclick options for C, first click another hotkey that has multiclick enabled, and then click C multiple times.

For example:

Set C hotkey like this:

C: Calendar
    C-C: Camera
    C-CC: Calculator
    C-CCC: Compass

Then set Mode for C to Enabled (Disabling MultiClick).

Now to launch Calendar click C (fast launching. No need to wait for the multiclick timer to launch)
    To launch Camera click X-C
    To launch Calculator click X-CC
    To launch Compass click X-CCC

(Assuming the mode for X is set to Enabled+MultiClick)
    03-07-12 08:42 PM
    A trick to use multiclick for hotkeys even when have disabled multiclick:
    (Some of you might want to disable multiclick to have the hotkey quickly launch an app/shortcut avoiding to wait for the multiclick timer to kick in. This trick helps you to still overload the hotkey)

Set all 4 multiclick options for a hotkey (lets say for C hotkey). Then set the Mode for C hotkey to Enabled (multiclick off).
    Now when clicking C, it will quickly launch what you have set 1x to launch.

To launch 2x, 3x, and 4x muliclick options for C, first click another hotkey that has multiclick enabled, and then click C multiple times.

For example:

Set C hotkey like this:

C: Calendar
    C-C: Camera
    C-CC: Calculator
    C-CCC: Compass

Then set Mode for C to Enabled (Disabling MultiClick).

Now to launch Calendar click C (fast launching. No need to wait for the multiclick timer to launch)
    To launch Camera click X-C
    To launch Calculator click X-CC
    To launch Compass click X-CCC

(Assuming the mode for X is set to Enabled+MultiClick)
    I'm obviously not following the purpose of having this. Wouldn't having x-c, x-cc,etc be the same as having c-c, c-cc,etc? I mean what's the point of this process?
    03-07-12 09:17 PM
    I'm obviously not following the purpose of having this. Wouldn't having x-c, x-cc,etc be the same as having c-c, c-cc,etc? I mean what's the point of this process?
    When the Mode for C is set to Enable (it means MultiClick is off for C) then C-C and C-CC don't work.

But X-C and X-CC allow you to launch 2xC and 3xC even when multiclick is turned off for C.

(When multiClick is turned off, the hotkey launches 1x app as soon as the hotkey is clicked)
    03-07-12 10:10 PM
    When the Mode for C is set to Enable (it means MultiClick is off for C) then C-C and C-CC don't work.

But X-C and X-CC allow you to launch 2xC and 3xC even when multiclick is turned off for C.

(When multiClick is turned off, the hotkey launches 1x app as soon as the hotkey is clicked)
    Yes sorry, I understand the concept of this. But wouldn't it be easier to just use C to launch all 1x 2x and 3x short cuts? What's the real benefit of this as the launching time is still the same. If anything the launching process probably takes longer as you would have to press (finger movement) more than 2 keys instead of 1 key. Just a thought or I'm still not getting the purpose of this
    03-08-12 12:41 AM
    Yes sorry, I understand the concept of this. But wouldn't it be easier to just use C to launch all 1x 2x and 3x short cuts? What's the real benefit of this as the launching time is still the same. If anything the launching process probably takes longer as you would have to press (finger movement) more than 2 keys instead of 1 key. Just a thought or I'm still not getting the purpose of this
    Some users don't like the delay created by multiclick feature when they launch 1x option of a hotkey.

For example lycafe said he was happy with having 27 (A-Z, Space) customizable hotkeys. He has disabled multiclick for all hotkeys.
    That way his hotkeys launch 1x option spontaneous.

Now, he can keep that spontaneous launching for 26 hotkeys, only enabling multiclick for one hotkey, let's say A hotkey.

Currently on his BB, C (spontaneously) launches for example Calendar. He can keep that fast launching while he can use A-C, A-CC, A-CCC to launch other things. (Even that multiclick is Off for C and other 25 hotkeys)
    03-08-12 04:57 AM
322 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD