Here's another one. Hope it's not just me. You can't create SMS when you launch SMS from MOHK. If you press menu button you will see create email instead of SMS. Something you might want to change so that you can create SMS.
    02-27-12 07:05 AM
    Did you manage to add the media home and help me launch with the latest version?
    Last night I added them (MOHK_HelpMe, MOHK_Music_Home) to version 1.3.1.0, the version I am alpha testing now. It will soon be available for beta testing and hopefully for public before end of the week.

Please be more specific (what have you set the hotkey to launch, what parameter, etc) about the SMS bug you are seeing.
    02-27-12 08:23 AM
    Those of you who got a beta link download please upgrade to 1.3.1.0 and test the followings:

1- See if MOHK_Media_Home and MOHK_HelpMe works (Requested by James2k8).

2- See if the app asks you if you want to save settings when you haven't changed anything. (Reported by Juggalo20, James2k8, dimm0K and flip4life4751).

Thanks.
    02-27-12 03:13 PM
    Last night I added them (MOHK_HelpMe, MOHK_Music_Home) to version 1.3.1.0, the version I am alpha testing now. It will soon be available for beta testing and hopefully for public before end of the week.

Please be more specific (what have you set the hotkey to launch, what parameter, etc) about the SMS bug you are seeing.
    With SMS, while you're in SMS page using MOHK_Messages_sms or MOHK_sms you can't create a sms by pressing "menu"button and select compose. It shows compose email instead. Hope that makes sense.
    02-27-12 04:26 PM
    Those of you who got a beta link download please upgrade to 1.3.1.0 and test the followings:

1- See if MOHK_Media_Home and MOHK_HelpMe works (Requested by James2k8).

2- See if the app asks you if you want to save settings when you haven't changed anything. (Reported by Juggalo20, James2k8, dimm0K and flip4life4751).

Thanks.
    I have the link for beta but I'm seeing 1.3.0.0. Guess I'm not part of beta testers.
    02-27-12 05:54 PM
    I have the link for beta but I'm seeing 1.3.0.0. Guess I'm not part of beta testers.
    Try again. Make sure that you refresh your BB's browser.
    02-27-12 06:59 PM
    With SMS, while you're in SMS page using MOHK_Messages_sms or MOHK_sms you can't create a sms by pressing "menu"button and select compose. It shows compose email instead. Hope that makes sense.
    Maybe it helps if I explain how I use MOHK_SMS:

I have set D hotkey to send sms to my friend (1xD launches: MOHK_SMS, Parameter: 1416xxxxxxx)
    When I hit D, I see a compose SMS screen with the TO field already filled with the phone number. I just enter the text and hit ENTER key and the BB sends the text.

How do you use MOHK_SMS?
    02-27-12 09:48 PM
    Media home works great in 1.3.1.0 but sms_page now doesn't work. Takes me to messages if message was previously opened. If I open sms on its own and close out of it, sms_page then opens up sms.

Help_me doesn't work at all.
    02-27-12 10:14 PM
    Maybe it helps if I explain how I use MOHK_SMS:

I have set D hotkey to send sms to my friend (1xD launches: MOHK_SMS, Parameter: 1416xxxxxxx)
    When I hit D, I see a compose SMS screen with the TO field already filled with the phone number. I just enter the text and hit ENTER key and the BB sends the text.

How do you use MOHK_SMS?
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was meant to mention MOHK_SMS_Page, not MOHK_SMS. I normally go to home page of SMS. With 1.3.1.0, composing text message now works (not compose email anymore) but launching SMS_page doesn't work any more as mentioned on my previous post.
    02-27-12 11:19 PM
    Vijik, this is awesome. Your production pace is insane.

On a less important note: i'll be returning to CrackBerry in a couple weeks.
    02-28-12 02:58 AM
    Media home works great in 1.3.1.0 but sms_page now doesn't work. Takes me to messages if message was previously opened. If I open sms on its own and close out of it, sms_page then opens up sms.

Have you set App Permissions?
    02-28-12 04:40 AM
    Vijik, this is awesome. Your production pace is insane.
    Thanks.

On a less important note: i'll be returning to CrackBerry in a couple weeks.
    What do you mean?
    It will soon be a new version of ShortcutMe and I need you (and other macro experts) for giving me feedback about the new features.
    02-28-12 04:44 AM
    Have you set App Permissions?
    Thought I did, my bad. Still 2 issues with latest beta version.

1. Can't compose text message in SMS_Page when using "menu" button. It shows compose email instead

2. help_me doesn't work
    02-28-12 06:32 AM

Good that MOHK_Media_Home is working.

I can't reproduce the problem you are experiencing. This is what I did to try to test:

I opened Messages app (showing emails) and then I held down BB/Menu key and switched to Home Screen (leaving Messages open as you mentioned in your post).

Then I hit S hotkey (in MyOwnHotKeys I had S set to launch MOHK_SMS_Page and set its parameter to 50).
    It opens the SMS inbox without any problem.

I tried the same thing with leaving SMS inbox open in Messages app. When I hit S hotkey and MyOwnHotKeys was done processing S hotkey, SMS Inbox was open (as expected).
    02-28-12 07:22 AM
    Running MOHK 1.3.1.0 on 9900/7.1.0.267

MOHK_Help_Me works perfect. set permissions to allow if it's not working for you

MOHK_SMS_PAGE to compose a SMS message, press menu, compose other, compose text message. works perfect
    02-28-12 09:37 AM
    Running MOHK 1.3.1.0 on 9900/7.1.0.267

MOHK_Help_Me works perfect. set permissions to allow if it's not working for you

MOHK_SMS_PAGE to compose a SMS message, press menu, compose other, compose text message. works perfect
    Good. Thanks.

It means all new functions are working. I will release then submit 1.3.1.0 for release..
    02-28-12 03:49 PM
    Thanks, yep, I got it through BerryReview's contest.

Nice! Thanks, looks like 1.3 knocked out all of the issues I mentioned... there is one slight thing that I noticed, which isn't that big of a deal than it is an annoyance. I have F assigned to launch Facebook so it's mode is set to enabled. If I jump to another key that is set as disabled, that disabled key prompts me to save even though I did not make any change to it.
    I just released MyOwnHotKeys 1.3.1.0 on mobihand.
    Please upgrade to that version and see if this prompting bug you found is removed or not.
    02-28-12 04:02 PM
    I just released MyOwnHotKeys 1.3.1.0 on mobihand.
    Please upgrade to that version and see if this prompting bug you found is removed or not.
    Vijik,

Help_me still doesn't work for me. I uninstalled and reinstalled and set permissions (numerous times) with fresh config and it's still no good for me.

As for SMS_page, I understand that by going to menu and select compose other and select compose text message will work. However, the whole point of using and the purpose of this app is to minimise navigational effort. Because compose (xxx) is the default option when you hit menu button when you're in sms_page I would prefer that the correct option shows up. I know I'm a little anal but if this isn't possible to fix then I'll have to live with it.

Thank you.
    02-28-12 05:20 PM
    Vijik,

Help_me still doesn't work for me. I uninstalled and reinstalled and set permissions (numerous times) with fresh config and it's still no good for me.

As for SMS_page, I understand that by going to menu and select compose other and select compose text message will work. However, the whole point of using and the purpose of this app is to minimise navigational effort. Because compose (xxx) is the default option when you hit menu button when you're in sms_page I would prefer that the correct option shows up. I know I'm a little anal but if this isn't possible to fix then I'll have to live with it.

Thank you.
    I'd guess (only a guess here) that the RIM method of SMS page is completely different than the 3rd party method. The way RIM does it (Through the Text Messages icon) doesn't go into Messages then press alt S, they have some way to do it direct. Developer's dont. Seems like yeah, there's not much a dev can do about how RIM laid everything out :<
    02-28-12 05:27 PM
    Not sure why i didn't notice this before if it existed ... Running MOHK 1.3.1.0

currently i don't have 3x S set to anything.
    If i change 3xB to something the display name of 3xS changes to whatever i just changed 3xB

example:
    3xS is blank
    Change 3xB to Browser
    Press S
    3xS displays "Browser" but launches the config page (because nothing is set)

It seems to go the other way also:
    3xB is set to BlackBerry Messenger
    Set 3xS to Address Book
    Display name of 3xB changes to Address Book, but still launches BlackBerry Messenger
    02-28-12 06:15 PM
    I also have the small bug issue where I have two things setup in MOHK and the name appears in the setup as it should but the name of those appear in two other spots as well. I have something set for 4x J and 3x T and those keys r set correct but I also have the name of them appear in 4x C and 3x space. The incorrect ones just show the name and if I click on them it will take me to the keys setup screen. Just a small bug but I can live with it. Thanks for a great app!!
    02-28-12 06:36 PM
    @James2k8,
    Regarding MOHK_HelpMe function: What OS version do you run on your 9900?
    It runs fine on Juggalo's (and my) 9900/7.1.0.267
    02-29-12 09:43 AM
    @Juggalo20 and Jordan559,

I see the bug. Thanks for reporting it. I will fix it and give you a link to download the new version and test.
    Last edited by Vijik; 02-29-12 at 12:10 PM.
    02-29-12 09:45 AM
    Thanks for ur reply and I'm glad u r working on it for us. Its not a big problem for me though.
    02-29-12 11:14 AM
    @James2k8,
    Regarding MOHK_HelpMe function: What OS version do you run on your 9900?
    It runs fine on Juggalo's (and my) 9900/7.1.0.267
    I'm on 9900/7.1.0.267 as well. I can see the short cut tries to load but nothing appears.
    02-29-12 04:26 PM
322 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD