@james2k8,

1- I can't get Flashlight 2 for 1 to launch either. Its module name is BrightBerry, but trying to launch that module will also not launch it.
    Would you be able to contact Motek Mobile and ask them what parameter their BrighBerry module need to be able to launch properly?

2- Opening media pages is not supported yet. I have plans to add it in the next version (free to upgrade to) after others also asked for it.
    In the mean time, if you have ShortcutMe, create a shortcut in ShortcutMe where AppName is set to one of following ShortcutMe functions:

Media_Music
    Media_Pictures
    Media_Videos
    Media_VoiceNotes

Then set one of your hotkeys to launch that shortcut in ShortcutMe.

3- The same thing as 2 above.
    ShortcutMe Function for BlackBerry Maps is called Maps.
    (In the next version of MyOwnHotKeys I will add support to launch BB Maps).
    02-19-12 08:40 AM
    Alternative launches are already available. For this example I'll use the K key, but this works for them all.

in the Setup page for the key, once you chose
    1xK Launches
    if applicable a new dropdown menu becomes available right underneath for
    1xK AlternativeLaunching

also available for 2xK 3xK 4xK etc, for all the keys
    Thank you, Juggalo20 & Vijik. I totally missed that until right after my post. I was chatting with visortgw and he pointed me in the right direction. Sorry for the false alarm.
    02-19-12 10:02 AM
    This is a fantastic app and like someone else said, its now one of my must have apps. Up there with BeBuzz.
    Thanks! I need more apps to use to fill up all the available hot keys lol!
    02-19-12 10:17 AM
    @james2k8,

1- I can't get Flashlight 2 for 1 to launch either. Its module name is BrightBerry, but trying to launch that module will also not launch it.
    Would you be able to contact Motek Mobile and ask them what parameter their BrighBerry module need to be able to launch properly?

2- Opening media pages is not supported yet. I have plans to add it in the next version (free to upgrade to) after others also asked for it.
    In the mean time, if you have ShortcutMe, create a shortcut in ShortcutMe where AppName is set to one of following ShortcutMe functions:

Media_Music
    Media_Pictures
    Media_Videos
    Media_VoiceNotes

Then set one of your hotkeys to launch that shortcut in ShortcutMe.

3- The same thing as 2 above.
    ShortcutMe Function for BlackBerry Maps is called Maps.
    (In the next version of MyOwnHotKeys I will add support to launch BB Maps).
    Thanks for your reply. I can't even find the BrightBerry module, it's not listed. It's okay I can just find another software that's compatible with MOHK.

One more question, what module do I need to use for showing the about screen (alt + shift + h)

Thank you.
    02-19-12 06:01 PM
    Thanks for your reply. I can't even find the BrightBerry module, it's not listed. It's okay I can just find another software that's compatible with MOHK.

One more question, what module do I need to use for showing the about screen (alt + shift + h)

Thank you.
    The "Help Me!" screen/escreen isn't supported by MyOwnHotKeys right now. At least not that I've found.
    02-19-12 06:13 PM

Thank you.
    Go to Options>Application Management, find "Flashlight: 2 for 1..." and click it, it will bring up the App Properties page. At the bottom of that screen you see the module name which is BrightBerry.

(Odd that RIM allowed the use of the word Berry in a 3rd party app).

ALT/Shift + Key features might not be needed for a hotkey app. Because when you are in the Home Screen where you can enter your hotkeys, you can also enter those ALT/Shift + Key.

MOHK doesn't interfere with the existing ALT/Shift key combinations (It also doesn't interfere with your Speed Dial settings). It just overrides the hotkeys and allow you to set them up the way you want it, not the way RIM wants it.
    Last edited by Vijik; 02-19-12 at 07:03 PM.
    02-19-12 06:55 PM
    @james2k8,

Please set one of your hotkeys to launch "MOHK_Media_Music" (one of the options in Launches drop down menu) then let me know if it gets you to music page when you hit that hotkey.
    02-19-12 08:05 PM
    @james2k8,

Please set one of your hotkeys to launch "MOHK_Media_Music" (one of the options in Launches drop down menu) then let me know if it gets you to music page when you hit that hotkey.
    No sir, it doesnt work. Doesn't look like any of the MOHK_Media work.
    02-19-12 08:10 PM
    Go to Options>Application Management, find "Flashlight: 2 for 1..." and click it, it will bring up the App Properties page. At the bottom of that screen you see the module name which is BrightBerry.

(Odd that RIM allowed the use of the word Berry in a 3rd party app).

ALT/Shift + Key features might not be needed for a hotkey app. Because when you are in the Home Screen where you can enter your hotkeys, you can also enter those ALT/Shift + Key.

MOHK doesn't interfere with the existing ALT/Shift key combinations (It also doesn't interfere with your Speed Dial settings). It just overrides the hotkeys and allow you to set them up the way you want it, not the way RIM wants it.
    Sorry I didn't mean to ask if ALT/Shift + key features are available in hotkey app. I was meant to say what is the module within hotkey app for bringing up the about screen (this is equivalent to ALT + Shift + H)
    02-19-12 08:41 PM
    Need one or two beta testers (who own a MyOwnHotKeys copy) to test the fixes for the functions:

MOHK_Media_Music
    MOHK_Media_Pictures
    MOHK_Media_PlayList
    MOHK_Media_Videos
    MOHK_SMS

And for added new function MOHK_SMS_Page

Let me know if you want/can test.
    02-19-12 09:20 PM
    SMS page sounds like a nifty feature - is that what it sounds like it is, SMS the url of whatever webpage you're on?
    02-19-12 09:21 PM
    No, it is not that.
    One MOHK user asked earlier if I could add a function that would allow a hotkey directly open the SMS pages in the Messages app (default email app on BBs).
    That is why MOHK_SMS_Page is added to the beta version.
    02-19-12 09:50 PM
    Ok so a shortcut to the sms inbox gotcha. I should've done some reading, I might have realized that lol.
    02-19-12 09:58 PM
    Need one or two beta testers (who own a MyOwnHotKeys copy) to test the fixes for the functions:

MOHK_Media_Music
    MOHK_Media_Pictures
    MOHK_Media_PlayList
    MOHK_Media_Videos
    MOHK_SMS

And for added new function MOHK_SMS_Page

Let me know if you want/can test.
    Only MOHK_SMS works, the rest don't.
    02-20-12 07:32 AM
    Only MOHK_SMS works, the rest don't.
    What version of MOHK do you test with?
    02-20-12 08:16 AM
    I have version 1.2.1.0 ready and all of the mentioned functions are working (at least on my BB).
    If you want to test it, let me know.
    02-20-12 09:09 AM
    I have version 1.2.1.0 ready and all of the mentioned functions are working (at least on my BB).
    If you want to test it, let me know.
    Hey, I am the one who has been emailing you back and forth about. I would be more than happy to try out the beta version. Can't wait to try it out!

Thanks so much for everything!

Alex
    02-20-12 11:11 AM
    Hey, I am the one who has been emailing you back and forth about. I would be more than happy to try out the beta version. Can't wait to try it out!

Thanks so much for everything!

Alex
    Email sent.

Please check that MOHK_SMS_Page does what you wanted, and check that MOHK_SMS allows you to specify a phone number (Parameter Field should become visible in Settings Page when you select MOHK_SMS).
    Last edited by Vijik; 02-20-12 at 11:26 AM.
    02-20-12 11:20 AM
    Currently trying out new 1.2.1.0, overwrote previous version flawlessly.

There is although somewhat of an issue with the new "SMS_Page" though. If the last message application opened was the SMS page then it opens up and works perfectly! Although.. If messages was the last messages application opened, then the shortcut just opens up the messages application, not the SMS page. (Equivilent to just pressing "m" if messages was opened last).

Great progress though, I'll leave more input as I continue messing around with this beta version.

Thanks!

EDIT: I actually tried deleting the application and doing a clean install and now the "sms_page" seems to work. I'v always wondered if it was possible to make it just go directly to the sms page instead of opening up messages and then pressing "alt+s" though. I know it's possible with themes, but is it not possible with apps?

I only say this because it is kind of strange that when you were previously in the sms page, if you do the shortcut, it pops up instantly, but then still does the "alt+s" thing so the sms page opens up twice. Is there any way to make it have the EXACT same property as literally clicking the "text messages" icon that comes with the phone?

Also, not entirely sure what's going on, but it reverted my "v" button back to the previous issue where it just opens up my saved messages. I had previously got it to open up my video camera so I'll mess around with it and see if I can get it to open back up.

Thanks so much!
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 02-20-12 at 11:56 AM.
    02-20-12 11:38 AM
    Currently trying out new 1.2.1.0, overwrote previous version flawlessly.

There is although somewhat of an issue with the new "SMS_Page" though. If the last message application opened was the SMS page then it opens up and works perfectly! Although.. If messages was the last messages application opened, then the shortcut just opens up the messages application, not the SMS page. (Equivilent to just pressing "m" if messages was opened last).

Great progress though, I'll leave more input as I continue messing around with this beta version.

Thanks!

EDIT: I actually tried deleting the application and doing a clean install and now the "sms_page" seems to work. I'v always wondered if it was possible to make it just go directly to the sms page instead of opening up messages and then pressing "alt+s" though. I know it's possible with themes, but is it not possible with apps?

I only say this because it is kind of strange that when you were previously in the sms page, if you do the shortcut, it pops up instantly, but then still does the "alt+s" thing so the sms page opens up twice. Is there any way to make it have the EXACT same property as literally clicking the "text messages" icon that comes with the phone?

Also, not entirely sure what's going on, but it reverted my "v" button back to the previous issue where it just opens up my saved messages. I had previously got it to open up my video camera so I'll mess around with it and see if I can get it to open back up.

Thanks so much!
    Sounds like a permission problem. Have you set app permissions?

Can you please also check that the following functions work?

MOHK_Media_Music
    MOHK_Media_Pictures
    MOHK_Media_PlayList
    MOHK_Media_Videos
    02-20-12 11:58 AM
    Sounds like a permission problem. Have you set app permissions?

Can you please also check that the following functions work?

MOHK_Media_Music
    MOHK_Media_Pictures
    MOHK_Media_PlayList
    MOHK_Media_Videos
    As for the V button issue, I literally had to delete the "v" icon (which uninstalled the app) then reinstalled it, and I am no longer having issues with the "v" button anymore.

All of those shortcuts work great!

As for the issues I was having before, I seemed to figure out the problem somewhat. Every key that I have set to disable (a, u, etc) no longer let's me enable it truly because the little "button underline" won't pop back up on the button once you have disabled it and then saved the program. So if I want to enable the "a" button to do a shortcut since it has been disabled and saved, I have to literally delete the "a" button (which deletes the app) and then reinstall it, and the "a" button becomes working again for shortcuts.

As for the previous SMS_page question I asked you before, do you have any idea of the answer to if it's possible or not?

(Currently everything is working entirely, except for the minor bug of not being able to enable a shortcut once it's been disabled and saved - and by enable, I don't mean enabling in the program as I can enable say "a" for example and set the shortcuts, and it works if you literally click on the "A" shortcut that sits on the main page of the phone, but it doesn't have the underlines "a" next to the name which allows it to be a shortcut to the physical keys (I hope you understand what I am saying)).

At this point, everything works EXACTLY fine. Just my question about the SMS_page if it's possible to act exactly like the "text messages" icon on the front page or if it has to go through messages then "alt+s".

Thanks, it's working great otherwise!
    02-20-12 12:20 PM
    As for the V button issue, I literally had to delete the "v" icon (which uninstalled the app) then reinstalled it, and I am no longer having issues with the "v" button anymore.

All of those shortcuts work great!

As for the issues I was having before, I seemed to figure out the problem somewhat. Every key that I have set to disable (a, u, etc) no longer let's me enable it truly because the little "button underline" won't pop back up on the button once you have disabled it and then saved the program. So if I want to enable the "a" button to do a shortcut since it has been disabled and saved, I have to literally delete the "a" button (which deletes the app) and then reinstall it, and the "a" button becomes working again for shortcuts.

As for the previous SMS_page question I asked you before, do you have any idea of the answer to if it's possible or not?

(Currently everything is working entirely, except for the minor bug of not being able to enable a shortcut once it's been disabled and saved - and by enable, I don't mean enabling in the program as I can enable say "a" for example and set the shortcuts, and it works if you literally click on the "A" shortcut that sits on the main page of the phone, but it doesn't have the underlines "a" next to the name which allows it to be a shortcut to the physical keys (I hope you understand what I am saying)).

At this point, everything works EXACTLY fine. Just my question about the SMS_page if it's possible to act exactly like the "text messages" icon on the front page or if it has to go through messages then "alt+s".

Thanks, it's working great otherwise!
    There's no need to uninstall/reinstall to re-activate previously disabled keys. Just open the config for ANY other key, and there's a drop down menu labeled "For Key". Use that to edit any key you like, including reactivating a disabled key

I've just checked by re-enabling my X key (which I had disabled for WLM usage) and it works just fine for me :\

You can try.... after re-enabling it and saving changes, re-open the config, press the menu key, and select "Refresh OS Settings". See if that fixes things up. Or try a reboot if that doesn't help
    Vijik likes this.
    02-20-12 12:31 PM
    @Flip4life4751,
    Juggalo20 is correct. It is not necessary to reinstall the app when you Enable/Disable a hotkey. Even if your BB OS (what Os version do you have BTW?) is very stubborn, the worse thing you need to do is to restart the BB. But most of the time "Refresh OS Settings" should do the job.

Good that the V hotkey problem is solved.

Regarding MOHK_SMS_Page: I don't know any other way to go to SMS inbox than "Message, ALT+S".
    What that "SMS" BB icon does, doesn't seam to be available to 3rd party apps (No APIs for opening the SMS inbox directly.

Did you said that the MOHK_Media_x functions work now?
    02-20-12 04:32 PM
    Quicklaunch can open sms inbox. Space is my ql launcher then my shortcut key is S. Two clicks, in my sms inbox.
    02-20-12 05:11 PM
    Quicklaunch can open sms inbox. Space is my ql launcher then my shortcut key is S. Two clicks, in my sms inbox.
    QuickLaunch does it through launching messages then using alt+s. Which Vijik already said will be added to MyOwnHotKeys.
    02-20-12 05:51 PM
322 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD