Hi Andiamo,

Any reason why it cannot use BIS? Viewing bunch of pictures of course will cost us a lot when not applying for APN's unlimited package (which costly after having monthly BIS).

thanks
    06-20-09 03:20 AM
    Dogg , OMFG I love this app. Keep it coming. One thing.... It should have an update feature that will allow for ota download for any maintenance downloads and upgrades u may have for the app itself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 09:40 AM
    Thanks for the great work, just want to say I can't wait for an offline reading.

And a support for cbr should be nice. Btw, did you know that cbr format is just a rar format with different extension?
    06-20-09 10:09 AM
    Huh... I'm gonna need a little more information than that to even attempt to find what caused the problem. It could also have been a fluke or a problem in the OS's lower-level networking code, apps usually shouldn't be able to bring down the entire device.

Could you help me out by telling me a little more about what was going on when it crashed? Were you switching between pages or chapters? Were you loading from a bookmark? Did the device restart just as you clicked the screen to advance to the next page, or was there somewhat of a delay before it crashed (this would indicate a problem with the preloader)?

Thanks for the report.

EDIT: I've been having problems connecting to my development computer though ultravnc, and if I can't connect, I obviously can't code an update. As such, take any deadlines I may have previously announced with a grain of salt. I'm trying to fix the problem so that I can work on Mango from across the equator but since I have to have someone else at my development computer to help fix it things move slowly.
    Hi Andiamo,
    I was just going from one page to the next using the finger swipe and voila it suddenly stopped. There was no delay in the shutdown.

Thanks,
    Baidya
    Last edited by baidya; 06-20-09 at 12:17 PM.
    06-20-09 10:40 AM
    Great app. I used to read Manga a lot but stopped for a while. This got me back into it =]
    06-20-09 12:56 PM
    What a great app so far. Update notification would be nice, both your updates and mangas. Even cooler if its for mangas you bookmarked. Keep up the great work!
    06-20-09 11:25 PM
    Great App! I can actually manga again since I had to stop because of school and such but Holy Batman I can finish a lot of the series I never did finish, reread the ones I used to enjoy, and find new ones to enjoy thanks!
    06-21-09 12:20 AM
    I'm curious if it's just my phone, but has anyone had issues with the list of mangas not updating to the newest issues?

I looked up Naruto and it still says 451 and Bleach is still 361
    06-21-09 12:59 AM
    i cant seem to get this app work...it always say error something that the app couldnt connect to transcoding server and say that the APN is missing whilst my bb is properly connected to 3G signal all the time...

i'm using storm on orange UK...any idea how? appreciate the app so much btw if it really works on mine =)
    06-21-09 05:42 AM
    @Werd: Yeah, this will happen. The list of chapters for a particular series is cached -- or temporarily stored -- for 24 hours after someone first requests it. This is so that the server doesn't have to contact OneManga every time someone requests that series. After 24 hours, the cached version will expire and the server will request a new version from OneManga. So if OM releases a new chapter between the time the cache is generated and when it expires, it won't show up. Next release will have a menu option to manually force the server to clear the cache so you can get the latest list.
    new ones are normally out in the morning (the really popular ones come out the night before sometimes though) so a morning refresh would probably be the best time then...that kinda sucks though, but it is reasonable.
    06-21-09 12:02 PM
    I love this app first off second is that the bookmark a page. I'm currently reading trinity blood and its a long series so every time I update the bookmark the bookmark is broken and I have to go and find where I was. I don't know if this has been addressed before other than the bookmark problem the app works great
    06-21-09 04:45 PM
    Thank you so much for this app! I totally love it! I love being able to read manga on the go now. This is probably my fav app so far! Thank you again!
    06-21-09 06:51 PM
    MAN O MAN, how did I miss this thread.......So testing this out
    06-22-09 08:13 AM
    I love this app first off second is that the bookmark a page. I'm currently reading trinity blood and its a long series so every time I update the bookmark the bookmark is broken and I have to go and find where I was. I don't know if this has been addressed before other than the bookmark problem the app works great
    Yep, I know about this problem and I have noooo idea why it happens... I'm looking into it and it should be fixed by the update, either because I fix the bug or because I trash the bookmark system and rewrite it.

Speaking of update, I am able to VNC into my development computer so I can finally get some work done. No info yet on a release date, but Mango will notify you (or force you, as it may actually be a mandatory update if I change the server code around a lot, since the old Mango version won't be able to communicate with the server). I know that's inconvenient but that's how it'll probably have to be. Besides, the Mango beta is set to expire, and thus become unusable, at the end of July.
    06-22-09 09:06 AM
    This is a great app!!!! When reading on my BB I'd much prefer using your program than the onemanga website. I agree with what others have said and I'm glad to hear that your working on it to make this an even better program. The only other thing I would add is that the list is not immediately up to date when the manga is posted on onemanga. It makes me have to read it from the onemanga website (on my computer or BB) or wait longer. I think this then makes the program best for reading archive than keep up to date on the newest releases.
    Keep up the great work.
    Thanks a lot
    06-22-09 11:36 AM
    Thank You so very much for this... i cant believe that I have missed this thread and thus just downloaded it.
    I'm sure this will end up one of my favorite app's to date.
    06-22-09 12:46 PM
    I kind of wish clicking the screen made it zoom, and then sliding it sideways would make it turn to the next page. (It already does the second one. )

Also, if you clicked the back/return button, it would undo the zoom.

Just suggestions! =]

I love the APP!
    06-22-09 02:17 PM
    awesome app i think you should have a little contest to all the graphic fanboys here to make an icon for it just to beef it up cosmetics wise for elite-ness.
    06-24-09 01:01 AM
    Naruto!!!!!!! Bleach!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha love it.

06-24-09 01:29 AM
    Well I finished all 200 chapters of GTO thanks to this app. Best time killer for the storm by far~
    06-24-09 06:16 AM
    by far my favorite app on the storm...Andiamo this app is beast man I would love to see how this app evolves as time goes on...currently reading Bakuman man i've been waiting for an app like this to drop
    06-24-09 07:21 AM
    I love this app!
    I only got a problem with the bookmarks
    Can't for the update

06-24-09 07:45 AM
    first off you need to win an award for this app....i have been looking endlessly for a program that performs half as well as mango even in beta form. i know you wont charge people for obvious reasons... but i would gladly pay 20+ for this app it is the best app for the storm in my opinion.. as for suggestions. maybe a portrait mode for one handed navigation.. other than that cant wait for the upcoming versions.....
    06-24-09 10:47 AM
    Andiamo,

Repeating a question I've seen a few times, but never answered. Will this be available for those of us who aren't under at 3G network, such as those with unlocked phones on T-Mo, and those in Europe?

It would be a great application if I could use it xD
    06-24-09 06:53 PM
    Been using this, it's a great program, I think the bookmark just needs a little work. Would love to beable to bookmark the whole manga series instead of chapter1 etc.. that way we can scroll to the latest with ease, or go back and forth between chapters. Thanks though, got my support, I read all my mangas daily so I love this app. You definately got my donation coming when it's done.
    06-25-09 04:52 PM
536 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD