So I've finally released my game. If you see the BBerryGo name, that is me. It works for the Storm, Tour, Curve 8900, Bold, Curve 83XX just to name a few (so share with friends to get your multi-player on!).

Here is a demo video of the game play (against computer):

It is only 99 cents and I will have a free trial up soon.

The game has a computer with 3 difficulty levels. However, the best part of the game is that it supports multi-player via BlackBerry Messenger!

Let me know what you guys think.

MORE INFO AND PURCHASE

The instructions are included in the game but here they are below:

Instructions

Layout

Each player "owns" the mancala to his/her right and the six small bowls closest to him/her. Each of the small bowls has 4 pieces in it (can be changed in options), called stones.

To begin

Player 1 starts by selecting one of his/her small bowls (players may never start from a mancala or from the opponent's six bowls). The stones will drop one by one in the small bowls to the right of the one selected, continuing around the board (counterclockwise) until all stones are placed.

Movement

If Player 1 reaches his/her own mancala, a stone will be dropped into it, gaining one point. As the stones move around the board, the stones will never drop into their opponents' mancalas, they will be skipped over and continue dropping one at a time, until there are no more stones. Players take turns moving.

Goal

The game ends when one player no longer has stones in his small bowls. At the end of the game, the player with the most stones collected in their respective mancala wins. Note: If the other player still has stones on his side, all remaining stones are emptied into his/her own mancala (it is not necessarily an advantage to be the first player to empty the six bowls).

Special moves

1. If after a player selects a bowl and the last stone lands into his/her mancala, he/she gets to move again.

2.If the last stone from the selected bowl drops into one of the empty bowls on his/her side of the board, he/she then takes that stone, plus all the stones in the opponent's bowl directly across from his/her bowl and places them in his mancala (called a capture).
    Last edited by jcqns; 08-11-09 at 12:44 AM.
    08-10-09 08:31 AM
    beautiful animation. Just unclear what the objective is.
    08-10-09 08:55 AM
    beautiful animation. Just unclear what the objective is.
    Instructions posted in first post.
    08-10-09 08:59 AM
    Awesome! Mancala is a great game
    08-10-09 09:07 AM
    Did anyone else get an "error 500: internal server error" when trying to download?
    08-10-09 09:57 AM
    Is the 2 player mode only available through BBM or can you play someone else?
    08-10-09 09:58 AM
    Did anyone else get an "error 500: internal server error" when trying to download?
    I've been monitoring for this and it seemed fine last night. I will check it out for you.
    08-10-09 09:59 AM
    Is the 2 player mode only available through BBM or can you play someone else?
    I'm working on playing with other people and that should be available soon. As of right now, it's through BBM.
    08-10-09 09:59 AM
    Were you trying to download the free trial (I had the link up but i had to take it down to retest it) or did you purchase it?
    08-10-09 10:05 AM
    Were you trying to download the free trial (I had the link up but i had to take it down to retest it) or did you purchase it?
    I purchased it...
    08-10-09 10:06 AM
    I purchased it...
    OK. Give it a try again. Sorry about that. Let me know if it works.
    Last edited by jcqns; 08-10-09 at 10:20 AM.
    08-10-09 10:13 AM
    OK. Give it a try again. Sorry about that. Let me know if it works.
    Got it!!!! Thanks
    08-10-09 10:57 AM
    Can you play the computer?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 05:21 PM
    Can you play the computer?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah I've downplayed that part a bit but there is a computer with 3 difficulty levels (which I am aiming to make a bit harder than they are now). I am actually playing against the computer in the YouTube video.
    Last edited by jcqns; 08-10-09 at 05:27 PM.
    08-10-09 05:22 PM
    no free 30 copies?
    08-10-09 05:41 PM
    Yeah I've downplayed that part a bit but there is a computer with 3 difficulty levels (which I am aiming to make a bit harder than they are now). I am actually playing against the computer in the YouTube video.
    cool. i bought it. Nice game. but this is not how I remember playing mancalla...i guess we always played it different
    08-10-09 06:04 PM
    cool. i bought it. Nice game. but this is not how I remember playing mancalla...i guess we always played it different
    There are several variations of the game. I was going to implement the different types (maybe I will later) but I used the one that some of my friends knew best.

What rules or special moves did they have for the version you played?
    08-10-09 09:43 PM
    This is a really good game. I've been playing it since V1
    08-10-09 10:36 PM
    pretty cool.

No BBM 5.0 support
    08-10-09 11:31 PM
    pretty cool.

No BBM 5.0 support
    I wasn't able to test that out but I figured that much. Hopefully a new update to BBM will allow the game to see that it is installed.
    08-10-09 11:53 PM
    This is a really good game. I've been playing it since V1
    Since V1 of mine? I just released it. There is another Mancala in the store though.
    08-11-09 12:48 AM
    I'm a total fan of this game...

Here's my pin: 3079dafd
    08-11-09 11:30 AM
    no free 30 copies?
    New Game Mancala Features Multiplayer Mode Over BBM | CrackBerry.com

50 instead of 30
    08-11-09 11:56 AM
    yea but that is a chance to win it. I was expecting a code valid for 30 copies for free, just as other developers do so they can get free marketing from those people who were lucky enough to get one and brag about it
    08-11-09 03:49 PM
    yea but that is a chance to win it. I was expecting a code valid for 30 copies for free, just as other developers do so they can get free marketing from those people who were lucky enough to get one and brag about it
    By throwing a contest I felt I was giving the average person, as well as people who don't frequent the forums often, a chance to win.

The most fair way for me was random. I apologize if it wasn't what you expected though. Maybe in the future I will consider that as another option.
    Last edited by jcqns; 08-11-09 at 04:09 PM.
    08-11-09 04:06 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD