I found out that I can clear the rule and all others my connecting with DM and clearing the database for MailMinder there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Definitely sounds like you found a bug, we will address this.
    I'm on a Mac and I also can clear my MailMinder database. I've had the capability since the first version. Mac also lets me restore the rules (if I had a problem with the rules on my phone). If its a bug, its one that I don't mind!
    04-27-10 06:58 PM
    Took the Beta for a spin, love it.
    Have a few questions though:

1. If I want to do a delete action for multiple words in the subject field, do I have to create a rule for each subject or can I just add each word seperated by ; ?

2. How to forward email to multiple recipients. Right now MailMinder allow me to forward to one recipient, but not multiple.

3. If a recepient have multiple emails, MailMinder only allow me to choose the first email listed. An ability to choose which email would be nice.

4. Handset will freezed for a few seconds when emails arrive, i guess thats when Mailminder is checking the emails.

5. Forwarding don't work on my handset.

Other than the above, all is working good so far.

Thanks
    Idian
    Last edited by Idian; 04-28-10 at 06:21 AM.
    04-28-10 01:13 AM
    I'd be happy to help
    04-28-10 02:05 AM
    Can you tell me more about this? The 1.X versions of MailMinder did not interact with your sound profiles in any way, so I'm not sure how or why it would have reset them.

This version adds configurable entries to your profiles for each alert you create, but again it doesn't do anything that should reset any other profiles.
    Hi I got my apps mixed up I was thinking about MailTone... would it be possible to add an audio alert feature to MailMinder
    04-28-10 07:49 AM
    I'm on a Mac and I also can clear my MailMinder database. I've had the capability since the first version. Mac also lets me restore the rules (if I had a problem with the rules on my phone). If its a bug, its one that I don't mind!
    Oh yes, being able to clear your databases is a good thing, and that was deliberately supported in MailMinder 1.0 and 2.0.

The "bug" part was being able to create a bogus domain rule that could not be deleted through MailMinder, thus forcing the user to clear the database.
    04-28-10 09:35 AM
    Took the Beta for a spin, love it.
    Have a few questions though:

1. If I want to do a delete action for multiple words in the subject field, do I have to create a rule for each subject or can I just add each word seperated by ; ?

2. How to forward email to multiple recipients. Right now MailMinder allow me to forward to one recipient, but not multiple.

3. If a recepient have multiple emails, MailMinder only allow me to choose the first email listed. An ability to choose which email would be nice.

4. Handset will freezed for a few seconds when emails arrive, i guess thats when Mailminder is checking the emails.

5. Forwarding don't work on my handset.

Other than the above, all is working good so far.

Thanks
    Idian
    Thanks for the feedback, glad you like things overall! I will try to answer your questions:

1) If you want to match a phrase from the subject (e.g. a series of words in an exact order) you can do that with one rule. If you want to match any of several words from a subect, that will require more than one rule.

We've had a few requests for wildcard support, but are worred about over-complicating the app. Would love to hear feedback on that idea from all the beta-testers (and users of 1.0 as well.)

2) We have only been planning to support forwarding to one message recipient. If allowing more than one is a popular request, we can certainly do that also. Please let us know!

3) Choosing from multiple email addresses from a contact: that is something we need to look at. Makes a lot of sense to do it!

4) Your handset should not freeze; on my Storm I dont' experience this even with hundreds of rules defined. I'm wondering if it is related to (5). Perhapse if you have a forward rule setup and something is broken about forwarding for you, this is adding a delay. Please use the Send BETA Feedback feature of the application to email our support address. This will automatically include a debug log which may help us analyze this.
    04-28-10 09:46 AM
    Hi I got my apps mixed up I was thinking about MailTone... would it be possible to add an audio alert feature to MailMinder
    Have you tried using the alert action in the new version? After you setup an alert rule, you can customize the sounds (and/or vibration) associated with it using the standard RIM sound profile features. [ This replaces the built-in alert sound which was
    shared by all alerts in the old version of the application. ]

If that doesn't addrss your needs, please tell us more about what you are looking for.
    04-28-10 09:48 AM
    Have you tried using the alert action in the new version? After you setup an alert rule, you can customize the sounds (and/or vibration) associated with it using the standard RIM sound profile features. [ This replaces the built-in alert sound which was

If that doesn't addrss your needs, please tell us more about what you are looking for.
    Oh, and since that wasn't clear, for each alert you create, you can setup different ring tones, etc. This is far more flexible than the old version of MailMinder.
    04-28-10 04:28 PM
    I sent my inquiries using the feedback in the app itself. Any chance to have the ability to copy and paste in a field when adding rules/filter?

Also Don't blink light and Blink with color actions did not work for me when set as a rule.
    Last edited by tfrankson; 04-28-10 at 11:47 PM.
    04-28-10 07:41 PM
    Thanks for the feedback, glad you like things overall! I will try to answer your questions:

1) If you want to match a phrase from the subject (e.g. a series of words in an exact order) you can do that with one rule. If you want to match any of several words from a subect, that will require more than one rule.

We've had a few requests for wildcard support, but are worred about over-complicating the app. Would love to hear feedback on that idea from all the beta-testers (and users of 1.0 as well.)

2) We have only been planning to support forwarding to one message recipient. If allowing more than one is a popular request, we can certainly do that also. Please let us know!

3) Choosing from multiple email addresses from a contact: that is something we need to look at. Makes a lot of sense to do it!

4) Your handset should not freeze; on my Storm I dont' experience this even with hundreds of rules defined. I'm wondering if it is related to (5). Perhapse if you have a forward rule setup and something is broken about forwarding for you, this is adding a delay. Please use the Send BETA Feedback feature of the application to email our support address. This will automatically include a debug log which may help us analyze this.
    1. Thanks, I'll leave it to popular vote but i for one love this feature.

2) I for one use this feature extensively.
    My problem right now is that i can only forward one email to one email address. If i set up a new rule forwarding the same mail to another email address, it will cancel out the first forwarding rule. Did i do something wrong here ?

3) Thank you, looking forward to it.

4 & 5 ) Ok, I'll experiment again and set up one forwarding rule only to see how the handset is reacting. Will keep you posted.
    04-29-10 01:57 AM
    1. Thanks, I'll leave it to popular vote but i for one love this feature.

2) I for one use this feature extensively.
    My problem right now is that i can only forward one email to one email address. If i set up a new rule forwarding the same mail to another email address, it will cancel out the first forwarding rule. Did i do something wrong here ?

3) Thank you, looking forward to it.

4 & 5 ) Ok, I'll experiment again and set up one forwarding rule only to see how the handset is reacting. Will keep you posted.
    Thanks for the continued feedback, we appreciate it.

With regard to your question about one forward rule cancelling out another, I believe that is as designed. If you create a new rule which has the same basic "signature" as an old rule, the new rule will replace that old one. The "signature" for a rule is a combination of the match type (e.g. "From this sender"), the actual text to be matched (such as the senders email address) and the incoming email address by which the message must be received (if you are restricting the rule to a particular incoming address; otherwise this part is a default and the rule will match email coming in to any address.)
    04-29-10 09:26 AM
    I sent my inquiries using the feedback in the app itself. Any chance to have the ability to copy and paste in a field when adding rules/filter?

Also Don't blink light and Blink with color actions did not work for me when set as a rule.
    Copy and paste definitely should work in the text fields. Adding that to the list to take a look at. Thanks!

I'm not aware of any problems with blink/don't blink not working. Is there any chance your settings have MailMinder disabled, or managing of the LED turned off? If that is not true, we may need to get additonal information from you in order to help diagnose the problem.
    04-29-10 09:30 AM
    With regard to your question about one forward rule cancelling out another, I believe that is as designed. If you create a new rule which has the same basic "signature" as an old rule, the new rule will replace that old one. The "signature" for a rule is a combination of the match type (e.g. "From this sender"), the actual text to be matched (such as the senders email address) and the incoming email address by which the message must be received (if you are restricting the rule to a particular incoming address; otherwise this part is a default and the rule will match email coming in to any address.)
    Thanks for the explanation, now I am officially requesting forwarding to multiple email address feature for Mailminder.
    Any one else second this ?

I have delete and add a new forwarding rule from scratch, it is working fine now. No more lags.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Idian; 04-29-10 at 12:48 PM.
    04-29-10 12:45 PM
    Copy and paste definitely should work in the text fields. Adding that to the list to take a look at. Thanks!

I'm not aware of any problems with blink/don't blink not working. Is there any chance your settings have MailMinder disabled, or managing of the LED turned off? If that is not true, we may need to get additonal information from you in order to help diagnose the problem.
    No MailMinder is enabled - my other alerts are working fine. No my LED are not turned off, they work fine with BerryBuzz and all are set to ON in all profiles. I even disabled Berrybuzz to see if that would cause a conflict. But no - I cant get those two features to work as a rule.

Also on the Summary For Today it is numbered each time the rule gets applied but it doesn't actually perform.
    Last edited by tfrankson; 04-29-10 at 08:43 PM.
    04-29-10 08:36 PM
    Wildcard support sounds great, but I worry about parsing overhead...

Something like regular expressions is very powerful, but I can see it bogging down the performance when I basically want to use this as a quick and dirty mail filter.

Multiple subject or content word matching in one filter would be nice though (to a limited extent, like two words for example).
    04-29-10 08:40 PM
    I have delete and add a new forwarding rule from scratch, it is working fine now. No more lags.
    I spoke too soon.
    the above was successful when i set up forwarding by subject, but not working when forwarding by email.
    Any hints as to why ?

Thanks
    04-30-10 05:45 AM

that worked out perfectly thanks
    04-30-10 09:13 AM
    Hi can you add a SPAM action? where you can just mark any email and set it to auto delete? Is that possible, I'm not sure how the performance would be if you end up having like 100 plus emails flagged as spam listed. Right now i'm having to make each spam email individual with the same exact rule
    04-30-10 12:42 PM
    Hi can you add a SPAM action? where you can just mark any email and set it to auto delete? Is that possible, I'm not sure how the performance would be if you end up having like 100 plus emails flagged as spam listed. Right now i'm having to make each spam email individual with the same exact rule
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, can you explain a little more?
    04-30-10 03:08 PM
    I spoke too soon.
    the above was successful when i set up forwarding by subject, but not working when forwarding by email.
    Any hints as to why ?

Thanks
    You mean a rule to match a sender email address and forward the message did not work, but it did work when you created a rule to match a subject?

That doesn't make sense right off hand, please use the Send BETA Feedback feature to report this to our support desk (which will include some debugging data for us to look at.)

Thanks!
    04-30-10 03:10 PM
    No MailMinder is enabled - my other alerts are working fine. No my LED are not turned off, they work fine with BerryBuzz and all are set to ON in all profiles. I even disabled Berrybuzz to see if that would cause a conflict. But no - I cant get those two features to work as a rule.

Also on the Summary For Today it is numbered each time the rule gets applied but it doesn't actually perform.
    Hmm, this sounds sounds like there could be a conflict between what MailMinder and BerryBuzz are trying to do with the light. Can you use the Send BETA Feedback feature to report this (which will include a copy of some diagnostics information to help us.)

Thanks!
    04-30-10 03:12 PM
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, can you explain a little more?
    1. spam email comes in [email protected]
    2. user selects Add MailMailer Rules
    3. under Choose action, there would be a Spam choice

Spam option will act as a Group where instead of having a separate rule for every email you set as "spam" they're all group together under Spam.

When the user goes to MailMinder Rules to view the summary they will see a Spam Group where all spam email address are.

Its kind of like how in your regular desktop or webmail account you can click Junkmail or Spam and have the item moved to a folder.
    05-01-10 10:33 AM
    You mean a rule to match a sender email address and forward the message did not work, but it did work when you created a rule to match a subject?

That doesn't make sense right off hand, please use the Send BETA Feedback feature to report this to our support desk (which will include some debugging data for us to look at.)

Thanks!
    Ok, sending data now
    Thanks
    05-02-10 01:53 AM
    Need to add a backup/restore to the Micro SD card feature to mailminder. I know that I upgrade my OS with leaks and hybrids and this would be a prime feature to have.
    05-03-10 11:05 AM
    Need to add a backup/restore to the Micro SD card feature to mailminder. I know that I upgrade my OS with leaks and hybrids and this would be a prime feature to have.
    MailMinder is integrated with the standard BlackBerry backup/restore functionality. Your rules will be saved when you use the Desktop manager to do a backup (and a restore, as long as you reload MailMiner before you do the restore.) You can also interactively save/load just the rule database using the Advanced function of the DM Backup program. Just look for the database named "MailMinder rules".
    05-03-10 12:50 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD