Introducing LaunchPad, the fun homescreen web launcher creator for your BlackBerry!

Ever wanted to put a link to your favorite website straight on your homescreen? LaunchPad will let you do just that! LaunchPad is a utility to allow you to make your own homescreen web launcher icons by simply giving it a URL, a title, and optionally and icon. LaunchPad allows you to pick your own image as an icon, or it will even try to fetch the icon from the website if it provides a large size icon (not all sites do this, but many of the larger ones such as CNN do)

Creating an icon is simple. Click on the LaunchPad icon and you are presented with a simple form. Enter all the values, and then click the button. That's it! Now you have your very own web launcher icon on your homescreen. Clicking it will launch the browser and take you straight to the page you chose. The perfect, eye-pleasing solution for all those frequently visited websites.

Purchase before the August 15, 2009 and get it for 50% off (only $0.99!)

To purchase or get more information and screenshots, please visit:

The CrackBerry store from your desktop at: (CrackBerry Store Link) NOTE: You can't use a coupon in this store

OR

The mobile CrackBerry store from your BlackBerry at: (Mobile CrackBerry Store Link)

-------

The first 30 people can get it FREE by using the following coupon code: launchpadfree

-------

FAQ:

I changed my theme or uninstalled an application, and now my web launchers all have a title of "Web Launcher". Why?
    The BlackBerry can sometimes forget the name that was set for an application, if the name is set the way LaunchPad sets it, when the homescreen is updated. This will resolve itself on its own if you restart the device, or you can open LaunchPad and click on 'Refresh Launchers' in the menu.
    08-09-09 08:22 AM
    Works good. Thanks man.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 08:42 AM
    Thanks for the freebie!

08-09-09 08:43 AM
    Take it to the next level. Present the user a list of all their bookmarks and let them select which ones to create an icon for.
    08-09-09 08:44 AM
    Thanks a lot, I took the coupon offer and will install it shortly. Will give feedback later.
    08-09-09 08:45 AM
    Thankssss for the free app!
    08-09-09 08:48 AM
    does this allow you to open the website in Opera or Bolt instead of the BB Browser. That is my only issue with QuickLaunch
    08-09-09 08:48 AM
    Tafasa, is there a reason that the launchers I created with this program won't open the browser?

08-09-09 09:05 AM
    So far so good. I like being able to set my own images for website launchers. Thanks a lot for allowing the first 30 to get this free.

08-09-09 09:06 AM
    Thanks. Nice thing to wake up to
    08-09-09 09:09 AM
    Code appears to be all used up. Interesting app concept, though.
    08-09-09 09:13 AM
    I'm having trouble with mine not launching my browser. It will load in the browser, but won't launch it. Any thoughts?

08-09-09 09:14 AM
    Yea mine isn't working on 5.0 .... Ah well at least it was free

08-09-09 09:16 AM
    looks awesome, just downloaded!!
    08-09-09 09:20 AM
    Tafasa, is there a reason that the launchers I created with this program won't open the browser?

Can you please go to Options > Advanced > Applications and check the permission on all applications called WebLauncherX (where X is a number). Make sure they are all set to allow. Can you also please try restarting your device. We are investigating the issue now, but weren't able to reproduce it on the device here.
    08-09-09 09:22 AM
    Yea mine isn't working on 5.0 .... Ah well at least it was free

We are investigating the issue now. It seems to only occur on some devices. Can you guys please go to Options > Advanced > Applications and check the permission on all applications called WebLauncherX (where X is a number). Make sure they are all set to allow. Can you also please try restarting your device.
    08-09-09 09:23 AM
    If i click the launcher and then browser it will load. I'll check permissions, reboot and report back.
    08-09-09 09:28 AM
    Changing permissions to allow made it work!

8900 4.6.1.250
    08-09-09 09:30 AM
    thanks for the freebie! will be testing it soon
    08-09-09 09:34 AM
    Changing permissions to allow made it work!

8900 4.6.1.250
    Same here. Thanks for the qucik response.

08-09-09 09:35 AM
    sure thing.
    08-09-09 09:44 AM
    I spoke too soon. It will launch once, then it won't launch again.

08-09-09 09:45 AM
    same here

I hate that too short of a post error.
    08-09-09 09:47 AM
    Thanks for the free version

08-09-09 10:13 AM
    For all those having an issue where the browser will not foreground, can you please uninstall LaunchPad, and delete all the shortcuts you have made. Restart your device, and then revisit the download link. Refresh the page and install the application. We uploaded a new version which has a possible fix. It is the same version number.
    08-09-09 10:30 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD