very nice job!
    02-13-09 11:25 PM
    any possibilities for different tunings? i tune all the way down to A and this would be great for that. maybe hit the bb button and select which tuning you want, E (current); open D; open C; open B; open A... etc
    02-13-09 11:43 PM
    any possibilities for different tunings? i tune all the way down to A and this would be great for that. maybe hit the bb button and select which tuning you want, E (current); open D; open C; open B; open A... etc
    Noted that will be added in v2 of the app
    02-13-09 11:44 PM
    agreed, or instead of picking a generic tuning from a list. We could adjust each string's note individually based on our own taste.

So say you want a guitar that is tuned down a half step (one fret) and has the low string tuned a whole step below that tuning (1.5 steps below E). You could click on the strings individually A through high E and drop their tuning down half a step. Then, for low E you can click the string and change it 1.5 steps down to your liking. Or this could be done in a seperate options menu (where you can possibly save your own tuning settings).

haha ok, im getting a little carried away. All stuff I would love to see but honestly I am so psyched just to see an app out like this.

Thanks again dmglakewood!!!
    02-14-09 12:16 AM
    Very fun app. My suggestion would be to maybe show the settings on the screen somewhere (in the corner would be fine) so you can see what volume or tone length you're set to.

Just a thought.

Also, I saw that you mentioned making a mailing list, how about a Twitter? I'd follow that for sure.
    02-14-09 02:34 AM
    great thanks..
    02-14-09 03:11 AM
    Very cool app, works great.

Thank you and keep up the excellent work!!!
    02-14-09 07:47 AM
    Thank you for all your great apps!
    By the way is there any chance to a have a PC download link please?
    Before this app the OTA downloader was working like a charm, now even though it downloads the jad and the cod files, my storm says that the cod is not valid!

p.s. I haven't still tried this app, nonetheless do you think it would be possible to have a similar one but for the bass guitar?
    02-14-09 08:46 AM
    how do i get the volume to be loud enough to use it. i have to hold the phone to my ear to hear it
    02-14-09 09:19 AM
    how do i get the volume to be loud enough to use it. i have to hold the phone to my ear to hear it
    Keep swiping up. On the first page it says to swipe up and down to change the volume and swipe left and right to change the note length. Pretty useful features.
    02-14-09 01:39 PM
    does this work for bass guitars as well? thanks. cool app!
    02-14-09 02:44 PM
    does this work for bass guitars as well? thanks. cool app!
    Not yet, but he said he can add it in a later version if he has the bass guitar tuning frequencies. I mean, technically you could use it, because bass guitars have the same strings (without B and highE) just a few octaves lower.
    02-14-09 02:49 PM
    Keep swiping up. On the first page it says to swipe up and down to change the volume and swipe left and right to change the note length. Pretty useful features.
    dude i swiped for like 5 minutes, still had to hold it to my ear.

be cool if it was just set at a usable volume
    02-14-09 02:53 PM
    Not yet, but he said he can add it in a later version if he has the bass guitar tuning frequencies. I mean, technically you could use it, because bass guitars have the same strings (without B and highE) just a few octaves lower.
    if you could hear it, (i cant get it loud enough) you could use it with bass, pitch is right, just different volume, listen to the waves.
    02-14-09 02:54 PM
    dude i swiped for like 5 minutes, still had to hold it to my ear.

be cool if it was just set at a usable volume
    Weird, man. I have complete working control on the volume. I can swipe it down until it's silent and swipe it up until it's definitely loud enough to use.
    02-14-09 02:58 PM
    Man u r great. I want to learn from the master. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 02:59 PM
    Hmm, my storm is loud as can be with this app. I can clearly hear it over the guitar even.

I would try and do a battery pull if you haven't already.
    02-14-09 03:03 PM
    thanks for all your hard work dmg! im donating for you now... please check out my app request just posted on app request forum. love to have an interactive app writing program to help teach us with some java knowledge how to create these apps..
    02-14-09 03:10 PM
    get some love for the bassists?
    02-14-09 03:43 PM
    Look above
    02-14-09 04:28 PM
    Hmm, my storm is loud as can be with this app. I can clearly hear it over the guitar even.

I would try and do a battery pull if you haven't already.
    right on, i will try that.

any word on that simon game? lol
    02-14-09 07:25 PM
    Its not working for me. I'm clicking the strings but no sound...

EDIT: I got it working now

Last edited by CarbineGuy; 02-14-09 at 08:01 PM.
    02-14-09 07:59 PM
    Its not working for me. I'm clicking the strings but no sound...

EDIT: I got it working now

What did you do? Mine is doing the same thing.

Thanks!

02-14-09 08:19 PM
    What did you do? Mine is doing the same thing.

Thanks!

Try swiping up several times to see if the volume is just all of the way down.

02-14-09 08:27 PM
    Wynona had a Big Brown Beaver? <-- that's some bassist love.
    02-14-09 08:33 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD