I'm interested! I wanted the Storm but took home a pink 83xx. Please don't pass us by.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 08:28 AM
    This will be great!! Thanks!
    05-24-09 08:32 AM
    I'm definently interested in this and would be more then happy to help out if you need/want any beta testers.

So I downloaded the app and am wondering, is this for use to alert you when you have a new message, or just to turn the LED on and have it flash a different color? I activated it and all I get is the LED flashing one of the colors constantly without a message.
    I think the intent of this app was just to be able to change the led color not for any alerts.

05-24-09 08:32 AM
    I think the intent of this app was just to be able to change the led color not for any alerts.

Yeah i dont think it does.....really dissappointing too. I think many people are assuming that is the point and are going to be sad. I mean really just making the color of the LED change and flash for no reason is not something to jump up and down about
    05-24-09 08:41 AM
    I've always wanted my light to flash blue (without enabling Bluetooth) instead of green. This would be cool if you can fix the issue of it going back to green after a msg is read.

05-24-09 08:50 AM
    Really wanna free app that changes colors for different alerts phone call, sms, mms, email, pin, & bb messenger would be awesome but a program to just turn ur led on not diggin so much

05-24-09 09:12 AM
    ok so does this app work with text messages? im a little confused.
    05-24-09 09:27 AM
    Are you able to create "custom" colors?
    05-24-09 09:33 AM
    i got lost thru this thread. i thought this was changing it for messages. its just for kicks? hmm
    05-24-09 09:36 AM
    Ok guys, I've been working on a free LED color changer because someone requested it a while back. I haven't had a chance to test it too much but so far I have gotten it to work by creating buttons on the screen to press and change the color. Who all is interested in this and would you like to be able to change the on/off time of the led (this is something I haven't done yet but I'm about to do)?

If people want this then I'll keep working on it and have it up late tonight/tomorrow.
    When will this be available to get?

05-24-09 09:50 AM
    Really wanna free app that changes colors for different alerts phone call, sms, mms, email, pin, & bb messenger would be awesome but a program to just turn ur led on not diggin so much

I 2nd that, but the app is free so I'm not complaining
    05-24-09 09:55 AM
    Count me in I will definetely help test
    05-24-09 10:44 AM
    I gotta get some sleep. I'll work on this some more when I wake up tomorrow. It'll be up tomorrow at some point. Sorry it is taking so long.
    cool let me know and i'll definitely test it out
    05-24-09 11:19 AM
    Like most people I am confused at what this is actually going to do and what its use will be.....

05-24-09 11:34 AM
    Give it time and he may develop this further. For right now I'm just going to take it as is and report back. If you want to go further with this I'll be glad to test it out for you.
    05-24-09 12:51 PM
    That would be nice count me in too.
    05-24-09 01:04 PM
    About time some one made this

05-24-09 01:16 PM
    I havent had much time to work on it today (it isnt raining for once and I have more yard work to get done). Right now it is just to change the status color. Once I mess around with it for a while I can probably make it change color for text messages or emails. That requires using a FolderListener api I believe. The only problem with that is you have to get the code signed by Blackberry and that costs $20. If I can get that to work (might be a few weeks, im a college student taking 16 hours in the summer) then I will probably just bite the bullet and pay for it myself. Right now its just a very early version of the project and I wanted to put it up to let everybody see that it is being worked on and allow them to try it out. This is my first shot at making an application in Java (took python last semester, have java this fall) so try and cut me a little bit of slack! I just don't want to promise a product that has features that I may not be able to include at this point.

I guess the main point of this right now is to change the status light color. (saw someone request something like this a while back and decided to make it in my free time). Please feel free to leave suggestions and don't think I'm ignoring them if a new update isn't up immediately. This is a learning curve for me so it takes a little bit of time.

One last note, if there is a developer reading this and would like to give me some pointers or help out, I would be glad to have the help.
    05-24-09 01:23 PM
    Give it time and he may develop this further. For right now I'm just going to take it as is and report back. If you want to go further with this I'll be glad to test it out for you.
    Since this is my first, its gonna be my baby! lol I'm not gonna quit working on it anytime soon. I should start working on it again in a few hours (headin to grandma's to do some yard work).
    05-24-09 01:26 PM
    The only problem with that is you have to get the code signed by Blackberry and that costs $20. If I can get that to work (might be a few weeks, im a college student taking 16 hours in the summer) then I will probably just bite the bullet and pay for it myself.

yeah yeah enough for the sap story... im a college student too, and I worked 40 hours a week, plus went to school full time (overnights at work, full days mon-thurs at school)

lol

seriously though...
    but why not put up a donations thing? although its free im sure some people wont mind throwing a buck or so in your direction. hastings did this for appleberry, and it was a really nice FREE theme, but he made SO much in donations, i saw at least 80 posts or so saying they donated, thats probably around $80...

trust me there's always money to be made. worse comes to worse, let people who donate receive updates first... you said you have a small update ready now, just to change the color, why not send that out to people who donate, they can be the "beta testers' and youll always get feedback for others!

just my .02
    and maybe a few more if you agree to this
    05-24-09 01:45 PM
    I applaud u for taking up the task. My only gripe is when u have a call/mess. It returns back to default green. Other than that I like wut u are trying to do for FREE

05-24-09 01:47 PM
    yeah yeah enough for the sap story... im a college student too, and I worked 40 hours a week, plus went to school full time (overnights at work, full days mon-thurs at school)

lol

seriously though...
    but why not put up a donations thing? although its free im sure some people wont mind throwing a buck or so in your direction. hastings did this for appleberry, and it was a really nice FREE theme, but he made SO much in donations, i saw at least 80 posts or so saying they donated, thats probably around $80...

trust me there's always money to be made. worse comes to worse, let people who donate receive updates first... you said you have a small update ready now, just to change the color, why not send that out to people who donate, they can be the "beta testers' and youll always get feedback for others!

just my .02
    and maybe a few more if you agree to this
    thats a good idea. its just a busy time for me. im transferring schools in a week and taking the rest of my summer classes. ive never put up a donations thing before. how do you do it?
    05-24-09 02:51 PM
    thats a good idea. its just a busy time for me. im transferring schools in a week and taking the rest of my summer classes. ive never put up a donations thing before. how do you do it?
    log into paypal and click on the merchant services tab then under create buttons click donate
    05-24-09 03:31 PM
    I just wanted to clarify about earlier. I DON'T want people donating or paying for this product until it is closer to the "RTM". When I figure out how to add the folder listener so it blinks for sms/mms/email, then I will want donations to help cover the cost of code signing (if I don't just pay for it myself). I had some free time on my hands and I saw that someone requested something like this a while back. I decided to give it a shot. This forum has made living with my Storm enjoyable (instead of hating it). I just want the opportunity to give back.
    05-24-09 04:04 PM
    Well when you get to the point of needing a little financial backing, post up that donate link.
    05-24-09 04:52 PM
188 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD