FwAppUpdater is a free and very small (28K) app that will, after request from user, detect and upgrade any Fonware app that user owns a license for.
    (Fonware apps: ShortcutMe, NFCShortcuts, MediaKeyBooster, KeyBooster, MyOwnIcons, ...)

FwAppUpdater is written to address some of the problems related to App World store (App X is not Available for Download), and to address some of the issues related to the mobihand problem (Mobihand is not paying developers for the apps sold. Developers have taken their apps off from mobihand store).

FwAppUpdater is also written to help beta testers to easily get access to the latest beta versions for all Fonware apps.

FwAppUpdater is submitted to App World pending approval from App World.

In the mean time it is open to any one who has ever beta tested any of the Fonware apps).
    So, let me know if you want to test it.

Last edited by Vijik; 12-04-11 at 06:41 AM.
    12-04-11 06:33 AM
    Oh yes I am ready to test I have SCM thanks
    12-04-11 07:01 AM
    Jeeez! Count me in I had to rebuy SCM and MOI and currently unable to use NFC launcher (refuse to rebuy) all due to pin change!

I would love to have this app
    12-04-11 09:59 AM
    Send email to fau at fonware dot ca (mention your CB user name + name of the app you have beta tested + roughly the time when you beta tested).
    12-04-11 02:50 PM
    Have you considered adding the current/new version numbers for the installed Fonware apps within the updater app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-11 09:44 AM
    Have you considered adding the current/new version numbers for the installed Fonware apps within the updater app?

Good idea. I will add that.

12-06-11 04:52 PM
    So right, I have a legit serial key for MyOwnIcons purchased from MobiHand. BUT the .cods I'm using on my 8330 are ones I've taken off my 9900 (long story)

anyways, the updater detects SCM and MKB but it's not detecting that i have MOI installed. It just says "Read about (or buy) MyOwnIcons"

Using FWAppUpdater 1.0 and MyOwnIcons 1.2.6.4 on 8330/5.0.0.438

another question is why both NFCShortcuts AND NFCLauncher are listed?
    12-06-11 06:25 PM
    So right, I have a legit serial key for MyOwnIcons purchased from MobiHand. BUT the .cods I'm using on my 8330 are ones I've taken off my 9900 (long story)

anyways, the updater detects SCM and MKB but it's not detecting that i have MOI installed. It just says "Read about (or buy) MyOwnIcons"

Using FWAppUpdater 1.0 and MyOwnIcons 1.2.6.4 on 8330/5.0.0.438
    I will fix that.

another question is why both NFCShortcuts AND NFCLauncher are listed?
    If you had either NFCLauncher or NFCShortcuts installed then FwAppUpdater would only show you NFCShortcuts.

But since you probably don't have NFCLauncher or NFCShortcuts on your 8330 then they both comes up, which is, as you pointed out, not correct. I will fix that.

Question is if I get it fixed before you get your NFC-enabled 9900?
    12-07-11 07:15 PM
    I will fix that.

If you had either NFCLauncher or NFCShortcuts installed then FwAppUpdater would only show you NFCShortcuts.

But since you probably don't have NFCLauncher or NFCShortcuts on your 8330 then they both comes up, which is, as you pointed out, not correct. I will fix that.

Question is if I get it fixed before you get your NFC-enabled 9900?
    I cracked and ordered a white 9900. So it should only be another week or less.
    12-08-11 12:08 AM
    Version 1.0.1.0 is now on the beta link.

New in 1.0.1.0:

- Min BB OS setting for each app
    (Apps on the server don't show on FwAppUpdater if the BB has older OS version than Min BB OS setting)

- Device Model Setting for each app
    (Apps that run on some models only show on those devices. So, Juggalo20, you don't see NFCShortcuts app listed on your 8330 screen anymore)

- When no update is available for an app, the current version is shown.
    12-09-11 04:50 AM
    Version 1.0.1.0 is now on the beta link.

New in 1.0.1.0:

- Min BB OS setting for each app
    (Apps on the server don't show on FwAppUpdater if the BB has older OS version than Min BB OS setting)

- Device Model Setting for each app
    (Apps that run on some models only show on those devices. So, Juggalo20, you don't see NFCShortcuts app listed on your 8330 screen anymore)

- When no update is available for an app, the current version is shown.
    Nice. I like seeing the installed version. And you are correct, I no longer see NFCLauncher or NFCShortcuts on my 8330. It's still not detecting MyOwnIcons though, could this be because I created my own .jad and am using .cods from my 9900?
    12-09-11 05:09 AM
    Nice. I like seeing the installed version. And you are correct, I no longer see NFCLauncher or NFCShortcuts on my 8330. It's still not detecting MyOwnIcons though, could this be because I created my own .jad and am using .cods from my 9900?
    Could be. But I am not sure. Let me check the source code first.
    12-09-11 05:31 AM
    Download 1.0.2.0 from the beta link and try again. It should be fixed now.
    12-10-11 06:30 AM
    Download 1.0.2.0 from the beta link and try again. It should be fixed now.
    Seems to be all good ^_^
    12-10-11 06:48 AM
    FwAppUpdater 1.0.2.0 shows current versions correctly.

I suggest that you add the ability for the updater to check for updates of itself, too (either beta or release when that happens, which should be soon). ;-)

Last edited by visortgw; 12-10-11 at 12:32 PM.
    12-10-11 12:28 PM
    FwAppUpdater 1.0.2.0 shows current versions correctly.

I suggest that you add the ability for the updater to check for updates of itself, too (either beta or release when that happens, which should be soon). ;-)

Will add it.

(It will just report that an update is available, but it can't install the new version of itself (BB OS doesn't let an app to install another version of itself)
    12-10-11 02:07 PM
    Will add it.

(It will just report that an update is available, but it can't install the new version of itself (BB OS doesn't let an app to install another version of itself)
    ... but an app can launch the Browser taking the user to the OTA download URL! ;-)

12-10-11 02:10 PM
    %100 Correct. The plan is to do exactly that.

(My point is that FwAppupdater can't update itself like the way it directly installs other apps)
    12-10-11 04:47 PM
    So, I have ShortcutMe, MyOwnIcons, MediaKeyBooster and NFCShortcuts all installed. When I use FWAppUpdater it shows me what version I have installed for SCM and NFCS, and only shows update status for NFCS.
    I'm running
    SCM 5.9.5.1_OS7_T
    MOI 1.2.6.4
    MKB 1.5.2
    NFCS 1.4.2
    FwAppUpdater 1.0.2.0
    On 9900/7.1.0.190
    01-07-12 05:30 AM
    So, I have ShortcutMe, MyOwnIcons, MediaKeyBooster and NFCShortcuts all installed. When I use FWAppUpdater it shows me what version I have installed for SCM and NFCS, and only shows update status for NFCS.
    I'm running
    SCM 5.9.5.1_OS7_T
    MOI 1.2.6.4
    MKB 1.5.2
    NFCS 1.4.2
    FwAppUpdater 1.0.2.0
    On 9900/7.1.0.190
    Hi all member to forum , i have Myownicons and ShortcutMe,

Please explain to me as downloaded this application " FwAppUpdater " for test, Thanks
    11-11-13 09:58 PM
    I don't recall this ever seeing a public release. If I recall correctly BlackBerry doesn't allow applications that installed other applications in App World (that's what I read anyways when I was looking into FishLoader).

I've long since lost touch with Vijik but maybe he's still giving out links.
    11-11-13 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD