On a request from DrewCSchultz, I built a quick speed typing test. It has several sentences which you can choose at random to test your typing. It records high scores and even remembers if the phone was sideways or portrait for the high score so you can tell which is faster!

My fastest so far is 60wpm, can anyone beat that?

This app is built specifically for the Blackberry Storm, and allows you to move between tests just by swiping left or right. Want to restart in the middle of a test? Just swipe up or down!

Find it on my website by Googling for Epic Storm Apps and looking for the link on the homepage.

Questions? Comments? Suggestions?
    04-06-09 01:21 AM
    This is a great app! I just switched from .75 to .113, so I'm new to portrait QWERTY and it's helping to improve my speeds. Definitely worth the .99 asking price.
    04-06-09 01:31 AM
    ...paid the $.99, but didn't receive app. It's been about 5min. I'll update tomorrow.

Edit... crap... I just realized that I typed the wrong number. lame... still going to buy it again.
    Last edited by taiwaneezy; 04-06-09 at 03:05 AM.
    04-06-09 03:03 AM
    ...paid the $.99, but didn't receive app. It's been about 5min. I'll update tomorrow.

Edit... crap... I just realized that I typed the wrong number. lame... still going to buy it again.
    I am taking care of you. Check your email.
    04-06-09 03:10 AM
    30WPM first try... I don't know if that's good, but for sure much faster than I thought. Only tried it once, I foresee myself playing with this app a lot more. Especially tomorrow during smoke breaks, lunches, work? lol

I'll keep posting my scores until I one day get up to 40wpm.

Definitely worth the $0.99, quite honestly, I would have paid up to $5 for it.
    04-06-09 03:25 AM
    36wpm... This is sooooo not helping my sleeping issues. Work is going to suck tomorrow. Do me a favor and DON'T call VZW tomorrow.

Thanks,
    VZW Tech Support I
    04-06-09 03:33 AM
    is there any reason i would want this if i already have typer speed? its pretty good, this have more features?
    04-06-09 03:48 AM
    Any chance of porting this app to the Curve?
    04-06-09 03:58 AM
    gonna try this now
    04-06-09 05:26 AM
    Find it on my website by Googling for Epic Storm Apps and looking for the link on the homepage.

Questions? Comments? Suggestions?
    Why don't you just post the link to it on here? Would make it a bit easier rather than having to Google for it...
    04-06-09 07:53 AM
    Pretty cool app...hit 52 WPM on my first attempt, gotta see if I can do better...

Following up on my previous post, if anyone is looking for the link, here it is: Fast Type | Blackberry Storm Apps | Free Apps for the Blackberry Storm
    04-06-09 08:21 AM
    What sentence did you get 56 with? I think the dog one is too easy, cuz I get way faster on that than the others. Top is still 60wpm for me!
    04-06-09 12:15 PM
    Yeah it was the dog one...definitely the easiest, some of the longer ones are tough, especially if you don't catch a typing mistake early!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 12:37 PM
    57 WPM with the mosquito one...will you be updating the sentences with free upgrades at all? Wish I had this when I first got my phone so I could see how much I've improved!

04-06-09 12:40 PM
    this looks awsome im gonna buy it now
    04-06-09 12:40 PM
    49 WPM on portrait QWERTY for "Brown fox".

I love that you made it simple to switch from suretype to full qwerty to multitap. I'm much faster with full qwerty.
    04-06-09 01:06 PM
    Hey Epic, any way to reset your high score?

04-06-09 04:58 PM
    Sorry to keep posting, but this app is pretty cool. I've noticed an issue when I type two letters that are in sequence and close to each other on the keyboard, meaning I probably don't lift my finger enough on them. So this app turned out to be pretty useful too!

So far, high of 67 on landscape and 54 on SureType...

04-06-09 05:14 PM
    Any chance of porting this app to the Curve?
    theres already an app called typer speed that does this on the curve.. and most other models.
    04-06-09 05:18 PM
    theres already an app called typer speed that does this on the curve.. and most other models.
    Yep and its better:
    TyperSpeed - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software

another app by BBA that you copied. First you copied his call blocking app, now youve copied his typer speed app.

he was so mad that you copied his idea that he released his blocking app for free just to hurt your sales, i hope he does the same with typer speed to show you a lesson.

do something creative, if a dev already made an app or announced he was making it, move on and do something else.
    04-06-09 05:48 PM
    Yep and its better:

another app by BBA that you copied. First you copied his call blocking app, now youve copied his typer speed app.

he was so mad that you copied his idea that he released his blocking app for free just to hurt your sales, i hope he does the same with typer speed to show you a lesson.

do something creative, if a dev already made an app or announced he was making it, move on and do something else.

Do your homework before you start blasting people. We had no idea there was already a typing app until it was finished.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/lo...9-apps-199666/

Either way, a "typing speed" application is hardly an original concept. They've been around since computers.
    04-06-09 06:20 PM
    Yep and its better:

I know what you mean...!

04-06-09 09:56 PM
    Yep and its better:

Yes..because no one has made typing apps for phones before Or call blocking apps When you get done deepthroating BBA please realize he got the idea from other developers that had already made the same apps for other phones..show me a patent or STFU and quit acting like someone else thought of an innovative idea
    04-06-09 10:03 PM
    I know what you mean...!

And I assume you "just" came up with the ideas for your 2 apps ALL on your own..you've never seen the same apps on different phones or heard of them before? lol..very professional.....
    04-06-09 10:05 PM
    Thanks guys, as Drew mentioned I asked for some requests, I got a request and I built it. I grew up on apps that showed how fast you were typing, so I guess I copied it from Mavis (the touch typing program)?

Either way, I am not even going to respond again to these accusations. My goal is to make cheap, fun apps for the Blackberry Storm and nothing else.
    04-06-09 10:17 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD