I found a clitch...

Every time you do a battery pull, it will loose the setting and you have to enable it all over again.
    That's not a glitch, it's just only possible that way for now. If you read the beta thread that I posted in this thread's initial post, you'll see that it's acknowledged there.
    05-12-09 01:36 PM
    I'm not sure about the length of the trial period either, but I for one will be paying for this app. I've wanted to be able to do this, particularly with the homescreen, for so long. Now that I've had this app for a couple days I don't know what I'd do without it. I don't think the auto-rotation bothers some people, but it bothered me to the point that $10 is completely reasonable. The price of a few coffees from Starbucks is easily worth it for someone like me who has to use the phone all day long and rarely chooses to view it in landscape.

Also, this option is impossible on most third party apps (apps that do not involve the lock or something else tied natively to the OS). The good news is that every third party app developer can implement this option if they choose to. I hope that this app gains popularity so that the bigger companies like google and opera notice it and decide to put it into future builds.
    05-12-09 01:49 PM
    I agree that it is worth paying for, but it is more out of curiosity that I ask.
    05-12-09 02:24 PM
    Very cool. Too bad it costs money for something as simple as stopping the auto-rotation.

If it's all that simple then write us a free app that does it please.
    05-12-09 02:51 PM
    Touche! Everyone always complains about having to pay for something. The guy spent his time creating the app to help us. Why should he not benefit from that?
    05-12-09 03:03 PM
    I've already paid for this app, and that I got an activation code in the email, but no where for me to enter it in the app..

So that mean I don't need to enter my activation code??

This is a cool app btw.
    05-12-09 03:04 PM
    Brilliant app does exactly what I have wanted since November

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 03:08 PM
    LOL I agree. The developers could have just made the app for their own personal use and never made it available to anyone else. I do agree that RIM should have implemented this from the start, but because they didn't, I'm happy that someone stepped in. If RIM does provide the option in the future, I think it will only be because of user response and because of an app like this (and I'd feel the same way if RIM implemented a screen lock option during calls). This app is available right now for $3. I mean, people pay more than that for a mixed drink at a bar. To me, this is a bargain because it is something that I will use every day.
    05-12-09 03:09 PM
    works great. and the price on Mobihand was $2.99 so they must have been reading the feedback from this forum...
    05-12-09 03:33 PM
    Works like magic, phone callls, home screen, and app screen all stay in portrait. Well worth the price of one draft beer.....
    05-12-09 03:36 PM

Give me a break...

How many free programs are out there for the storm already? None of those people asked for money.

Either way, I ended up paying for it. I agree that $2.99 isn't that bad but free is ALWAYS better especially for a feature that should have been included at launch. Oh well. Love the program and does what it advertises.
    Last edited by MHarvey124; 05-12-09 at 04:37 PM.
    05-12-09 04:34 PM
    nice, but dissapointed that i have to do it all over again after each batt pull!!!
    05-12-09 04:40 PM
    If it was RIM releasing this as a paid add on, I would agree that paying for it is ridiculous.

However, you cant EXPECT someone to spend time writing something for free. If they choose to do so, thats great, but its their choice.

I wouldn't expect you to come mow my lawn for free because I believe God should have included a self mowing feature into my grass.
    05-12-09 04:42 PM
    I've been looking for this exact app for a while. Thank you for creating it. The implementation of activating AutoRotation via the current programs option menu makes it easy to use.

Since all themes are designed around portrait, I personally wanted this just to prevent the home screen from going into landscape. Thank you again!
    05-12-09 04:53 PM
    If it was RIM releasing this as a paid add on, I would agree that paying for it is ridiculous.

However, you cant EXPECT someone to spend time writing something for free. If they choose to do so, thats great, but its their choice.

I wouldn't expect you to come mow my lawn for free because I believe God should have included a self mowing feature into my grass.
    I agree with you 100%. I never EXPECTED someone to do this for free. I was HOPING someone would as there are many other apps out there which are free. Either way I paid for the app and love it!
    05-12-09 04:58 PM
    for those asking about the storm slider...

are you saying you want storm slider to shift into lanscape or stop shifting into it?

the reason i ask is because the new update i got it stays in portrait at all times so it seems there would be no use for a program that keeps in in portrait
    05-12-09 07:58 PM
    so i bought this today and i just can not seem to get it to work. i went to Options-advanced options-apps- and found stoptilt, i hit the blackberry button and clicked disable autorotation. And my screen still rotates. is there something i did not do?
    05-12-09 08:06 PM
    i have been messing around with it now for a while now, and have come to a diagnosis. i go into options and disable my autorotation, and it works perfect, until i go to my homescreen and rotate the phone. it then goes back to the phones normal self, rotating as i turn. it is if returning back to the homescreen resets the app
    05-12-09 08:10 PM
    Works like magic, phone callls, home screen, and app screen all stay in portrait. Well worth the price of one draft beer.....
    not mine! what else did you have to do after the initial install? i did a battery pull, and still my home screen rotates(the only reason i bought the app was for the home screen to stay the same).
    05-12-09 08:13 PM
    so i bought this today and i just can not seem to get it to work. i went to Options-advanced options-apps- and found stoptilt, i hit the blackberry button and clicked disable autorotation. And my screen still rotates. is there something i did not do?
    You need to select disable autorotation for each area that you do not want to rotate. There is no global disable autorotation setting.
    05-12-09 08:23 PM
    You need to select disable autorotation for each area that you do not want to rotate. There is no global disable autorotation setting.
    and how do i do that?
    05-12-09 08:28 PM
    and how do i do that?

Go to the homescreen......hit the bb button......choose disable autorotation.....

Go to the browser......hit the bb button......choose disable autorotation.....

etc......
    05-12-09 08:33 PM
    Go to the homescreen......hit the bb button......choose disable autorotation.....

Go to the browser......hit the bb button......choose disable autorotation.....

etc......
    WOWWWWW.... please excuse my ignorance. i been messing with this app all day trying to figure this out. i have been behind the wheel of my jeep driving at the same time. im sorry for the "dumb moment". and thank you for helping!
    05-12-09 08:37 PM
    Yea it took me a minute to figure this out too...It should have been more clear exactly how to use this app.
    05-12-09 08:46 PM
    WOWWWWW.... please excuse my ignorance. i been messing with this app all day trying to figure this out. i have been behind the wheel of my jeep driving at the same time. im sorry for the "dumb moment". and thank you for helping!
    Glad you got it sorted out......
    05-12-09 09:06 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD