Hi there, I would like to introduce a new application called: DeviceInfoTracker. This is an app that grew out
    of a personal need and interest to summarize my device information into once place, and monitor and collect the
    statistics of my device over time. So, at a glance, I can see my startup time, OS ver, platform ver, PIN,
    IMEI/ESN, signal details, battery level/temp, JVM memory, flash memory, media memory (onboard and microSD),
    phone calls, SMS, data (on GSM), device features (GPS enabled, etc.), network name/type, running apps, and
    the frequency bands that the device supports.

I've seen that there are some pretty cool apps out there that do somewhat similar things, but with other features
    like calculating battery time left, so this app does not try to do that. Instead, DeviceInfoTracker collects these
    stats over time (storing periodic snapshots - default is every 2 hours - enough to be useful, but not enough to
    introduce any noticeable strain on memory or battery). Once some data points have accumulated, you can graph the
    results, daily or monthly, and look at trends. Showing the startup time and startup history tells you if your device
    rebooted when you weren't looking (it's happened to me!). Watching the JVM memory over time can reveal tell-tale
    memory leaks, and the battery graph can tell you if your battery is being eaten up continually, or by times of
    heavy use (this can help determine if a continuously running app is killing your battery life, or maybe it's a
    game that is heavy on your battery). It can also be useful to watching data usage trends (sorry, RIM's API only
    seems to support GSM for data). Some other things are thrown in too, like summarizing the usage of your email
    accounts.

That's a brief introduction. Please have a look at my web site (BerryMobileApps dot com) if you're interested in more details, and for a
    link where you can find it.

Constructive feedback is always welcome too, and I'll likely put out more apps in the not too distant future.

Thanks!

BerryMobileApps
    03-26-11 11:11 PM
    Looks like a really good app. will try it out soon.
    03-27-11 01:18 AM
    Are you going to submit this app to the mobihand app store?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-11 03:26 AM
    I do hope to also get it onto the MobiHand app store, but am working through some of the tax withholding requirements paperwork.

Thanks!
    03-27-11 12:00 PM
    Looks cool, but is there a trial?
    03-27-11 01:22 PM
    Looks cool, but is there a trial?
    +1 for the trial. Don't mind spending cash for an app, but I like to make sure it does what I want it to, first.
    03-27-11 09:39 PM
    An excellent point! My apologies for not offering a free trial. You can now find a 15 day free trial from my website (berrymobileapps.com) available for download OTA.

Thanks!
    03-28-11 01:36 AM
    An excellent point! My apologies for not offering a free trial. You can now find a 15 day free trial from my website (berrymobileapps.com) available for download OTA.

Thanks!
    Thank you very much. Going to give a spin and see. I am in danger of losing my work issued 9650 due to budget issues. I can't imagine my daily life without it, so I might have to "go it alone". An app like this is perfect to see what my needs will truly be for data, etc.

Thanks again for the very quick response.
    03-28-11 07:29 AM
    Thank you for the trial. App is nice with a lot of info and the graph options add a nice easy to read touch.
    03-28-11 07:35 AM
    Thank you for all the great feedback and comments!

I just want to announce that DeviceInfoTracker is now available on the MobiHand network.

More apps coming soon!

Thanks!
    berrymobileapps.com
    04-10-11 12:29 PM
    I just downloaded it looks great! Lots of info in 1 place. I only got a 7 day trial not 15 but that's ok. What is cost for this one?

04-10-11 12:45 PM
    just downloaded it looks a very useful app,a lot of info available of useage, got 7 days free trail as well
    04-10-11 02:00 PM
    Sounds very useful I'm going to give it a go.
    04-10-11 04:47 PM
    Well, I believe my trial period is over, and it seems to have worked very well, except for the CDMA issue of data info. What I really needed DeviceInfoTracker for was to track data usage. Any way to incorporate this, or work around available, to track Verizon data usage?

Thanks...
    04-10-11 09:44 PM
    Thank you for all the great feedback and comments!

I just want to announce that DeviceInfoTracker is now available on the MobiHand network.

More apps coming soon!

Thanks!
    berrymobileapps.com

Before I put another app on (I think I have too many!) Will it tell me exactly what apps are running in background and sucking up my battery? When I went to bed last nite it was at 90 percent but when I got up it was dead,dead,dead! Didn't even leave my alarm on. Already deleted bb app world's musical digital alarm clock after going to it's properties and seeing what a resource hog it was! Please advise.

04-10-11 10:22 PM

If you are OCD about what's going on with your BB this app will answer all your questions. Easy access via the BB menu. This is a nice utility app.

And yes, it will tell you what apps are running in the background. As well as battery usage, temperature, and a bunch of other stuff.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-11-11 09:14 AM
    It's unfortunate and frustrating that the BlackBerry API reports "-1" for data usage on CDMA networks. I presume this is related to the underlying technology differences between CDMA and GSM. I wish I had a workaround, but I'm sorry that I can't do anything about it

As for running apps, it will show (and record in the snapshot history - view snapshots) applications that would appear on the ribbon. Unfortunately, it doesn't tell you which app is eating your memory. I suggest that you use a process of elimination. Disable a suspect app, and watch the battery usage graph over a period of time (in options you can increase snapshot frequency to 1 hour to gather more data) until you have identified which app is eating your battery life (often it's an app that constantly needs to update data, such as: stock price, weather, etc.).

Hope that helps,
    BerryMobileApps (berrymobilesapps.com)
    04-11-11 11:34 AM
    Please do not take what I say as a slight against this application. I downloaded the application the day you offered a free 15 day trial, and purchased it in one week (via CrapWorld), so it's not like I don't enjoy it. This is general criticism hoping you are receptive to feedback....

I am looking for an "all-in-one" device monitoring application.
    My pet peeve about applications like this is that there is always something missing in my view. Either they have tons of information with no notification bar icon, or they have a notification bar icon with limited information, or no restart function, or no copy & paste function to do anything with the information, blah blah blah etc...

1) I would like this to have a checkbox "option" to dispaly a notification bar icon that can switch every 10 seconds to 1 minute between selectable choices of battery level, battery/device temp, free memory, time since startup, etc. Similar to Meterberry.
    2) Similar to the native email or browser on OS6, I would like to be able to hit the "shift" key, scroll down to a highlighted field and be able to copy a field & paste the contents somewhere else to send information as I choose such as IME numbers, running applications, etc. I would rather it be done this way rather than scrolling to every field automatically because that would be a lot of information boxes to travel through to get to the area of choice.
    3) It would be nice to have a scheduled/manual restart function incorporated since this application has so much information relating to low battery and memory. I see so many applications that do not even deal with the system the way that this one does incorporate this function as an add-on. This application has a handle on every aspect of the device so it should have a restart function automatically.

I tend to have several device management/informational tools on my device all for different reasons. I would like to get all of them off, save some space, and have a single application that does it all for me. It would be a killer!

My fear is that from what I am reading is that you are leaving this application "as is" and will be working on future alternate applications.
    Any thoughts?
    Brad
    04-11-11 01:39 PM
    I'm using the 7 day trail since yesterday.
    I seen that it doesn't do the CDMA data.
    But mine is not tracking my "SMS" texts.
    It does my calls with no problem, but my
    texts still show "0" (0 B) in all of the boxes.
    04-11-11 05:59 PM
    This is wonderful feedback! And is definitely appreciated. My plan is not to abandon this app and move on, but rather, to build a suite of applications over time that the community can enjoy, which is why I mention that I hope to produce more. I plan to support the apps as best as I can. I can't promise every feature will make it in, or how timely, but every comment is certainly appreciated. I'll be looking into these ideas for a future release.

You're absolutely right that there are a number of applications that overlap to some extent, but also have different features. For me, part of the concern is to avoid stomping on toes of other great applications out there, and trying not to create too much competition, but I do see your point, and it is well taken.

As for the SMS reporting 0 / 0B, is it possible the permissions were not set to allow DeviceInfoTracker to act as an incoming/outgoing SMS server during startup? That's the only thing that immediately comes to mind.
    04-11-11 07:07 PM
    I didn't change any of the permissions.
    After I installed it, I "OK" it when asked.
    04-11-11 07:50 PM
    This is wonderful feedback! And is definitely appreciated. My plan is not to abandon this app and move on, but rather, to build a suite of applications over time that the community can enjoy, which is why I mention that I hope to produce more. I plan to support the apps as best as I can. I can't promise every feature will make it in, or how timely, but every comment is certainly appreciated. I'll be looking into these ideas for a future release.
    I am very pleased to read this! This application is chock full of recordable information for future comparisons, which is something I see no other application does. All I can ask is that you look at the options to make it better over time, and you concur with that, so I am pleased.
    You're absolutely right that there are a number of applications that overlap to some extent, but also have different features. For me, part of the concern is to avoid stomping on toes of other great applications out there, and trying not to create too much competition, but I do see your point, and it is well taken.
    I'm glad you see what I am seeing regarding this. I love the information presented here and the recording of such data. But why have the app only tell you your battery/memory is low without a notification to advise you of that "low" status? Or, do something about that low staus (restart/memory clean request). I like to see this information and pass it along without having to produce a screen shot of other personal information I may not want others to see, which is why I would like to be able to copy certain fields. I personally think competition is a good thing. It keeps developers current & innovative, keeps prices on a level field, and provides more choice. IMO, the only reason other developers would feel infringed upon is because you may actually be onto something they have missed, and are jealous. If you are consistently updating with new features, and they sit on the same version for a year with bravado, who's fault is it that customers flock to you?

Anyway, thank for listening. This is a wonderful application with a niche' for recording a plethora of all device status information to be reviewed over time, regardless of battery pulls or restarts. Nice work. Very talented.

Brad.
    04-11-11 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD