hello everyone. this is my first post so please bear with me. I am a developer at a new organization creating blackberry apps. we are a collective of a computer scientist, an engineer, a mathematician and an arts school dropout. we may be small, but we are driven to create (what we think) are novel applications at a minimum price. we had released our first application on App World late last week, but there was a listing error and our app was not listed on the "Newest Applications" category. I dislike advertising as much as the next person, but we are thirsty for responses from the end user! thanks for your time.

clap'nSeek

Description:

End long, frustrating searches for your misplaced BlackBerry� by
    simply clapping your hands and clap'nSeek will sound a beacon for quick location
    of your device.

- Adjustable detection sensitivity allows clap'nSeek to detect the distinctive 3-clap
    sequence even when your device is left inside of drawers or buried in the couch cushions.

- Use clap'nSeek's built-in beacons or use a custom beacon by selecting a song from
    your MP3 library.

- clap'nSeek acts as an excellent device locator for those with visual impairments.

- Only runs when it needs to: clap'nSeek's intelligent design allows it to sleep when
    it's not needed and to wake-up when your device may be misplaced.

- clap'nSeek utilizes GPS and Wi-Fi technology to determine when you are carrying your
    BlackBerry and clap detection is not necessary.

- clap'nSeek's power saving mode minimizes impact on battery performance.

- With a clap of your hands, lost BlackBerry devices are found!

**NOTE**:
    Coming in early November, support for all devices including the BlackBerry Tour™, Storm™,
    Storm2™. Please check back if your device is not yet supported or send us an email at
    support (at) dugganstreet.com, we are working on it!

Price: $2.99 (US)

Available on BlackBerry App World: appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/4016

Release Notes:

clap'nSeek version 1.0.0.1

(A) Supports 9700, 9000, 8900
    (B) Supports 8520, 8350i
    (C) Supports 8220
    (D) Supports 8820, 8800, 87xx, 8320, 8310, 8300
    (E) Supports 8120, 8110, 8100
    Last edited by mattmj; 11-10-09 at 08:09 AM.
    11-09-09 09:44 AM
    Sounds really intresting! Is there a free trial available?
    11-09-09 10:21 AM
    Wow! I could see this becoming a handy app.
    +1 on the free trial.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 10:25 AM
    Yea, I'd like to try before buy. But I think this will take off too.

11-09-09 11:08 AM
    What happens at Symphony, when the audience claps at the end of a piece and everyone with a BB who forgets to turn this/ringers off and then all these BBs start going off.......

That would be funny stuff.....
    11-09-09 11:12 AM
    Where can I get this app? Can't find it on App World.
    11-09-09 11:25 AM
    Where can I get this app? Can't find it on App World.
    You won't find it on App World because as it says in the original post it's not yet available for the Storm 2.
    11-09-09 11:31 AM
    Thats very hot but i dont see the 9630 on the support list...
    I usually have a death grip on my BB so I'm never in a situation, where i need to find it. But its a great idea...
    I would definitely try it out on a trial based period. Let me know if the Tour will be supported at a later date.

P.S. consider programming Something for a remote control!!! I'm always losing that ****!!! lol...

Very interesting idea...
    11-09-09 11:35 AM
    What happens at Symphony, when the audience claps at the end of a piece and everyone with a BB who forgets to turn this/ringers off and then all these BBs start going off.......

Hilarious!!!!
    11-09-09 11:37 AM
    You won't find it on App World because as it says in the original post it's not yet available for the Storm 2.
    Whoops.. sorry. I must've overlooked that.
    11-09-09 11:39 AM
    Sounds awesome! Can't wait till there's support for the tour.

And +1 on the trial, would definitely want to test it out

11-09-09 12:00 PM
    Maybe it's time to update the TV commercial for The Clapper......

Clap on, Clap off,

Clap on clap off, the clapper......
    11-09-09 12:09 PM
    I have a touch screen Storm, so why would I want to clap when the phone is designed to touch? I'm not getting it at all. I suppose if you had a visual impairment, then this might help, but then again if you had a visual impairment and couldn't see to use the phone what good is the app?
    11-09-09 12:17 PM

Use a clap as the response tone. Not only does it work as a suitable two-way communication for finding an intelligent device, but it can join you in an applause!

Does it come bundled with a variety of authentic human claps?
    11-09-09 12:41 PM
    Here are a couple of free sounds that I found, which could be quite funny for clapping at your phone

freesound :: view sample :: aplauso 1991 3.mp3

freesound :: view sample :: Claping2_ses1.wav
    Last edited by flop; 11-09-09 at 01:00 PM.
    11-09-09 12:47 PM
    Too bad its not compatiable with the 8330 or I'd get it just to tell people "I got the clap n seek!". Lmfao! I'd love to have this app though, this would so make my day!

Thnx, �Tripster�

11-09-09 12:55 PM
    Sounds awesome! But I don't get it - where do I find the app?
    -fabian

11-09-09 05:48 PM
    Sounds awesome! But I don't get it - where do I find the app?
    -fabian

Same question.... I'm guessing app world only?

11-09-09 05:55 PM
    Sounds interesting and fun...
    When will the 9630 Tour be supported?
    A trail offer would be a good idea...
    11-09-09 06:11 PM
    is there going to me a version for the 8830?
    11-09-09 06:49 PM
    Didn't take much effort to find it. Their website http://www.dugganstreet.com had a like to App World BlackBerry App World - clap'nSeek
    11-10-09 04:28 AM
    hey guys, thanks for your responses! we have been getting a lot of feedback about a demo version since we currently do not have one. internally we were discussing whether or not to release a demo version just a few weeks ago but what ultimately changed our mind was the leak of one of our tech demos. we are a small company of just a few employees, and the release of a single hacked demo on the internet would be nothing less than the end of us. there was a recent study done on mobile games where the appearance of an app on torrent sites essentially ends the revenue stream.. but I'm getting off topic. we have thoroughly tested this application (in fact our beta period was half of the development time) and we are confident in the quality of the product. we believe that our application is worth a one-time purchase of $2.99USD. we hope you guys consider taking a chance with us!

lmiceli, JackTrade, redsoxrocker, bklyneddie:

we will be releasing a Tour and Storm compatible model soon, most likely toward the middle of the month, as beta testing has recently moved into the second stage. unfortunately, our initial release date was pushed back due to a licensing issue on BlackBerry App World with our first release. this is now resolved but it has delayed development.

Tripster, MrBeeper:

internally we have code supporting both the 8830 and 8330 but these older (perhaps less new is a better term ) CDMA devices require the use of patented audio compression algorithms. we are still reviewing whether or not we are clear of any patent infringements, the last thing we need is a lawsuit.

thank you for your interest! as Dispatcher35 said above, we are listed on app world at: appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/4016 our initial post has been changed to reflect this.
    11-10-09 08:07 AM
    Sounds great! Can't wait to get this!

11-10-09 08:13 AM
    Yeah I saw its n/a with mine (8330) and probably wouldnt be since on vzw either since most gps stuff locked by vzw 2 strikes against my device/carrier both
    11-10-09 08:37 AM
    Thanks. Let us know when it comes out for the Tour. And if you need another beta tester let me know.
    11-10-09 09:16 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD