Tuffy, do you have Google maps installed? I did not code it for the case of not having either google or bbmaps. Right now there is not a way to see the favorites but that is a request I got and will work on.

-frank

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 01:45 PM
    I didn't have either, but it works now that I've downloaded google maps. Thanks Frank!

02-07-10 06:52 PM
    Any non-touch screen users who are on Rogers or want to test out the metric version of the app can go to:

http://www.kaediil.com/metric/OnTheSnowPrototype.jad

Touch screen or any other 4.7+OS users can go to:

http://www.kaediil.com/metric4.7/OnTheSnowPrototype.jad

On the resort view screen there is a preferences menu item where you can select metric for display in the app. All labels and values should then be in metric (temps, depths, distances and area).

-frank

-frank
    02-08-10 07:43 AM
    Hmm, can you recheck number 1? I just tested and it does go in the list, it just goes at the end. So, if you are in the middle of your list and you have 20, it might be far away.

To test quickly, first, restart the app and don't move off the first favorite. Search for resorts and add a new one. Go back to the favorites screen and click the left arrow. It should take you right to the new favorite (at least it did for me).

-frank
    Seems to work now ok now. Not sure why i've had a couple random issues.

As long as it works now
    02-08-10 11:30 AM
    Keep an eye out. The full app will likely drop before the beta ends. Things have gone very well in this beta so far.

OnTheSnow.com will also be announcing it.

-frank

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-08-10 01:36 PM
    Couple little things i've noticed.

1. When you add a favorite, you need to fully close the app and open again for it to show in your lists of favorites.
    2. It would be nice if in addition to the scrolling capability through the favorites at the top of the screen, if there could be a screen where all of your favorites are listed and you can quickly select one. This is helpful if you have a lot of favorites.
    3. With the scrolling through favorites, it seems that it will always jump to the left arrow. For example if you want to scroll to the right a couple of times, you click the right arrow, then the selection automatically goes back to the left arrow, and you have to move back to select the right arrow, and on and on.

Other than that everything is working smoothly for me on Verizon.
    + 1 on point number 2, and I too noticed this about point number 3, no biggie I just had to get used to keep highlighting the right arrow again, but it would be much more convenient to have it not default back to the left arrow. I don't think i had the same problem with point number 1, but I will check again.

On a different note, will there be an option to comment directly about current conditions for a resort?
    02-08-10 03:12 PM
    Both #2 and 3 are already fixed and in the version to be released this week.

In your last point, not immediately. They do not have any way through the Web Services to add comments, but that is a very good idea I will pass to them.

-frank
    02-08-10 05:03 PM
    I apologize about this, but if you downloaded the beta, you will need to uninstall the beta before installing the official version when it is released or else you will receive an error about multiply defined objects.

-frank
    02-08-10 09:59 PM
    Will the roll out be announced on the ONTheSnow website or will you post it here Frank - both?

Skireport.com has a great sample of the type of commenting about conditions I was referring to. Here is an example from the website - Jay Peak Ski Report | SkiReport.com
    02-09-10 12:59 PM
    Both, but I soft launched it last night. I do not have the link handy, but it is on mobihand now. OnTheSnow is planning to launch it officially Wed night.

-frank

02-09-10 01:28 PM
    Will the roll out be announced on the ONTheSnow website or will you post it here Frank - both?

Skireport.com has a great sample of the type of commenting about conditions I was referring to. Here is an example from the website - Jay Peak Ski Report | SkiReport.com
    Since this is a branded app it is hard for an official onthesnow app to use ideas from skireport.com. Since onthesnow already has an iphone app the layout was designed around this...

sounds correct Frank?
    02-09-10 01:29 PM
    For the most part yes. It can't be a direct clone, but OnTheSnow does have user reports on their site. So, real time on the slopes kinds of user reports is a great idea I plan to ask them about.

I also asked them about tieing the app to the site logins. Then you can add favorites in both places and they will get synched up.

-frank

02-09-10 01:40 PM
    Just purchased the release version of the app and it works great! Thanks a lot for creating this app.
    02-09-10 04:26 PM
    How is everyone liking the app?!
    02-10-10 07:52 AM
    hey frank, will the app be available from Blackberry App World?
    02-10-10 07:09 PM
    I'm sure that it will be available there eventually but RIM takes a week+ to approve apps and updates for apps so it won't be there quite yet... I would recommend the mobihand/crackberry app store its much better imho. Hope this helps Irving94.

02-10-10 08:10 PM
    I will see about AppWorld. BB charges to list apps is my understanding (then takes a cut too I would assume). I will talk to OnTheSnow and see how/if we want to go about getting it there. Mobihand charges nothing to list an app, they simply take a cut and the apps are updated immediately, upgrades send out emails as soon as the upgrade is available, etc. So, we'll see.

-frank
    02-10-10 09:36 PM
    Haven't seen any T-mobile users chime in...

This works very well on my T-mo 9700, aside from the already-known issue of the left navigation arrow always being highlighted. Also, the font for the labels above the buttons could be a little larger (and darker)...the small font in medium grey is hard to read against the light grey background.

A nice little app!
    02-11-10 10:14 PM
    Thanks! The arrow issue is fixed in the final pay version.

-frank

02-11-10 10:43 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD