We here at Epic Applications just did a rewrite of one of our most popular apps-- Call Blocker. We added a few features, and improved the overall stability and reliability of the app.

Here are some of the changes:
    - Ability to send calls to voicemail or pick up and hang up on blocked callers
    - Added Privacy Mode to block all calls
    - More intelligent number matching engine
    - Cleaner and easier to use UI
    - Helps set proper permissions (4.6 and up version only)

Call Blocker Pro | Block your unwanted calls - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software (Crackberry takes about a day to come online)

Check it out now at the introductory price of only $1.99! A FREE TRIAL is available which will block up to 3 calls for you to ensure it will work well for you.

08-23-09 02:23 AM
    I bought this app about a week ago through app world. Do I have to buy it again to get the newest version?
    08-23-09 09:51 AM
    We here at Epic Applications just did a rewrite of one of our most popular apps-- Call Blocker. We added a few features, and improved the overall stability and reliability of the app.

Here are some of the changes:
    - Ability to send calls to voicemail or pick up and hang up on blocked callers
    - Added Privacy Mode to block all calls
    - More intelligent number matching engine
    - Cleaner and easier to use UI
    - Helps set proper permissions (4.6 and up version only)
    I've used the Antair Call Screener program for a couple of years and have liked it. Has worked flawlessly, however it does not have this remarkable "pick up and hang up" feature noted in the Call Blocker program.

Blocking calls is great but obviously if you don't want to take a call, you also probably don't want to listen to voicemail left by that same nuisance caller.

What is the feedback from people using this program? I'm thinking about getting rid of my current program and getting Call Blocker solely for the "pick up and hang up" feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 12:15 PM
    i have the beta version from the link yesterday and will be buying this product (my first purchase ) it is a great call blocker, and it worked really well.

to berryite this product has two features you can either send it to voicemail or just have the call blocker hang up on the person so you dont have tons and tons of voicemails. Basically the people just think the phones off.
    08-23-09 12:29 PM
    I bought this app about a week ago through app world. Do I have to buy it again to get the newest version?
    The update is pending App World approval, so it should be up soon.
    08-23-09 12:38 PM
    I've used the Antair Call Screener program for a couple of years and have liked it. Has worked flawlessly, however it does not have this remarkable "pick up and hang up" feature noted in the Call Blocker program.

Blocking calls is great but obviously if you don't want to take a call, you also probably don't want to listen to voicemail left by that same nuisance caller.

What is the feedback from people using this program? I'm thinking about getting rid of my current program and getting Call Blocker solely for the "pick up and hang up" feature.

Check out the free trial version! You can see if it will work for you, or if you want to stick to Antair. Personally, I think they charge wayyyyyy too much, so if they are even in the same ballpark of features, I would choose the cheaper one

If you want to see some feedback from the beta, check out this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/tod...er-pro-299988/
    08-23-09 12:40 PM
    I've tried to update and keep getting an uncaught java exception warning and it won't allow me to use the program.

08-23-09 12:53 PM
    I've tried to update and keep getting an uncaught java exception warning and it won't allow me to use the program.

Remove ALL versions of Call Blocker (the one you just installed, and any previous ones), reset the device, and then it will work fine.
    08-23-09 12:56 PM
    Gotcha ill try it

08-23-09 01:07 PM
    Check out the free trial version! You can see if it will work for you, or if you want to stick to Antair. Personally, I think they charge wayyyyyy too much, so if they are even in the same ballpark of features, I would choose the cheaper one

If you want to see some feedback from the beta, check out this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/tod...er-pro-299988/
    I don't disagree about the price ($30.00 I think) but I bought it two years and two BlackBerrys ago. Their product works well and their support is fantastic. But if Call Blocker Pro has gotten the "pick up and hang up" feature to work without any glitches, it makes that product the clear leader in the marketplace.

08-23-09 01:28 PM
    The update is pending App World approval, so it should be up soon.
    what i meant to ask was ,will this be available for the version i purchased from blackberry appworld?
    Last edited by coolbreezyahole; 08-24-09 at 07:29 AM.
    08-23-09 09:08 PM
    Do we know when / if it will be available on BlackBerry App World? Or how else to get it?
    08-24-09 06:36 PM
    Soooo, AppWorld is still listing version 2.6. Any idea at all when the new version will be available?
    08-26-09 02:15 PM
    Epicdraws I have a question for you & if it has been asked before I apoligize. Would it ever be possible to take an incoming call & make it appear as if the number they are calling is out of service? ie: the tone "do doooo do, I'm sorry the number you have dialed is disconnected or no longer in service"
    08-26-09 05:48 PM
    For some reason, I downloaded the application trial and it worked fine. But now, it isn't.

I haven't changed any permissions (input simulation is still allowed), it is still running in the background, why would a blocked number still get through if those are still true?

EpicDraws I really liked the concept of this program and really want to buy it but am hesitant now that the trial worked only for a short period of time.
    08-31-09 01:50 PM
    The guy says in his first post that the trial will work for the first 3 calls only to allow you to see it working, if you have had 3 calls blocked which im guessing you have you now need to purchase it.

One question from me on the app, I like to block all calls of a night time then have a list of people (family etc) that can call me without getting blocked, I notice you have a function to block all calls are you able to select a list of people that can be allowed to still call? Not found anything like it that allows this so would certainly purchase if it did, and works with version 5 firmware.

Thanks
    08-31-09 03:45 PM
    The guy says in his first post that the trial will work for the first 3 calls only to allow you to see it working, if you have had 3 calls blocked which im guessing you have you now need to purchase it.

One question from me on the app, I like to block all calls of a night time then have a list of people (family etc) that can call me without getting blocked, I notice you have a function to block all calls are you able to select a list of people that can be allowed to still call? Not found anything like it that allows this so would certainly purchase if it did, and works with version 5 firmware.

Thanks
    wow...that's what I get for not reading correctly. For some reason 3 calls meant "3 numbers" to me.

But that would make sense now.

Thanks for pointing that out
    08-31-09 03:48 PM
    Hopefully your sorted then

Anyone tell me if you can block all calls except chosen few, I dont want to install and try the demo if the one feature I needed was not present, have enough problems with profiles without installing software that never had the feature I needed.

Thanks
    09-01-09 10:49 AM
    Hopefully your sorted then

Anyone tell me if you can block all calls except chosen few, I dont want to install and try the demo if the one feature I needed was not present, have enough problems with profiles without installing software that never had the feature I needed.

Thanks
    You can block all calls in the trial as well. Once it successfully blocks 3 numbers, the trial ends as it has proven that it works.
    09-01-09 12:06 PM
    You can block all calls in the trial as well. Once it successfully blocks 3 numbers, the trial ends as it has proven that it works.
    Could you kindly answer the main question though

"whilst blocking all calls do you have an option of allowing calls from certain callers"

Pretty much like normal use where you allow all calls and block certain ones I want it backwards so of a night it blocks all calls except from a few family and work numbers ?

Thanks for your time.
    09-01-09 12:10 PM
    Sorry, didn't catch that. There is no whitelist feature.
    09-01-09 12:11 PM
    Thanks very much, should you ever feel their might be a requirement for one then I will certainly be first to purchase what seems to be an excellent product.
    09-01-09 12:14 PM
    let me give this app a try
    09-01-09 12:35 PM
    I have Buzzoff...hate to purchase another one but I'm having some issues with it. I may just give this a try.
    09-01-09 12:41 PM
    The previous version I was using (2.6) had a Block Unknown Numbers option, that this one doesn't. Any chance of getting that put back in?
    Or any other way to block them without blocking everything not in my contact list?
    09-01-09 03:16 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD