EDIT: Nevermind.
    Last edited by skinsfanwsp; 03-30-09 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Figured it out. :p
    03-30-09 12:18 PM
    EDIT: Nevermind.
    Update link:
    Update My Apps | Blackberry Storm Apps | Programs for Blackberry Storm | Blackberry Storm Applications
    Last edited by EpicDraws; 03-30-09 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Clearer link
    03-30-09 12:21 PM

Thanks, I just upgraded it. I have not had a chance to test it, but will report back once I do.

Also bought a couple of your other apps. Thanks!
    03-30-09 12:45 PM
    I just tested it and it still doesn't block the numbers when phone is locked. It blockes fine in and out of the holster while unlocked, but soon as I lock the phone it doesn't work anymore.
    03-30-09 01:12 PM
    Can you send me more details via PM please? I am trying to figure out the deal, but it is hard because I have never seen it happen myself...
    Just installed the update. will report back later this evening after I have time to test.
    03-30-09 02:11 PM
    How did the update work for everyone?
    03-30-09 10:02 PM
    Seems to be working fine for me so far..just tested a couple of numbers and it worked fine..Great app by the way..thank you
    03-30-09 10:05 PM
    Works great! Thank You .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 10:05 PM
    Works great with no apparent problems. Nice looking icon and interface. Easy to use.

If you ever decide to update again, when adding a number from the call log, perhaps a way to add by clicking on the number rather than having to highlight the number, then pushing the BB button and adding.

All in all, very nice! Thanks again.
    03-30-09 10:33 PM
    Still doesn't block numbers for me if the phone is locked.
    03-31-09 09:30 AM
    Does this app still just forward to the voicemail or pick up/hang up instead?
    03-31-09 10:30 AM
    Just to voicemail. Send a message to Epic if you want the pick up/hang up. I am trying to get him to include that feature, but he said he is thinking about it.

More voices, more results!
    03-31-09 10:46 AM
    When I get a phone call from anyone I get the following error:

Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_phone_app(72) is not repsonding; process terminated

When this happens, I hear the phone ringing but I can not answer it.

It just stops restarts the ringing process. Sometimes the error does not even pop up until the 3rd or 4th time trying to answer the phone.

Then if the person hangs up, it continues to ring over and over again. There is no way to stop the ringing unless I do a battery pull. Even if you turn it off and turn the phone back on it will continue to try to ring.

Someone please help!
    I was getting the same error when I had the Call Blocker installed. I uninstalled, and it seems to work fine. My wife had the same issue, and when uninstalled, it seemed to work. I will try to download the updated version, and test to see if it works now.

Just to voicemail. Send a message to Epic if you want the pick up/hang up. I am trying to get him to include that feature, but he said he is thinking about it.

More voices, more results!
    I would like this feature, and for the program to block calls when locked too!
    03-31-09 11:22 AM
    Being able to choose where the calls get routed to would be a plus. If I "block" someone with this app they could still blow up my voicemail all night long.

Maybe I want to redirect them to a dead end, or to the rejection hotline?

Also, if it could block texts from the same person that would help make it more of a "true" blocking feature.

Also being able to choose which number for a contact, or all numbers for a contact would help.

Fix those, and I'd buy!
    03-31-09 11:49 AM
    I just got version 2.5 and tested it a few times with my home number, and it wouldn't work. Redid permissions a few times and rebooted the phone to no avail.

I had added my home number from my contacts list and it included parenthesis around the area code and a space after. I deleted it then reentered it manually with no spaces or parenthesis, then it worked great.

Hope this helps someone.
    03-31-09 01:06 PM
    Hi Epic, I bought your application recently and it works great!! I have already bookmarked your web page and look forward to your other applications!! thanks!!
    03-31-09 04:51 PM
    Does this app work when the bb is locked? or is that still an ongoing issue? Also, how can we trial your latest version? I don't seem to see that over at the website.

Thanks in advance ;-)
    03-31-09 08:09 PM
    It doesn't work when locked for me. Works fine otherwise.
    03-31-09 08:36 PM
    It doesn't work when locked for me. Works fine otherwise.
    Thanks for the reply skinsfanwsp,

I'll hold off on this one then possibly until a version is released that works when the phone is locked. As I hoster my phone quite a bit, and like for the bb to be in "locked" mode, I am gonna hold off for right now.

Thanks for your reply ;-)

Warmest Regards,
    Taskbar
    03-31-09 08:40 PM
    Hey Epic,

I might be switching my phone.
    Would I be able re download the app on the new phone without a problem?

04-01-09 07:07 PM
    have had it for a couple weeks and does what i wanted it to do.
    04-01-09 08:57 PM
    Hey Epic,

I might be switching my phone.
    Would I be able re download the app on the new phone without a problem?

Yes, you can go through the Update My Apps section of my site.
    04-01-09 10:37 PM
    have had it for a couple weeks and does what i wanted it to do.
    Great! Glad to hear its working out for yet another member!
    04-01-09 10:37 PM
    No Its the same youmail allows the private or block numbers to ring your phone(ANNOYING) and then says "sorry the caller u are calling doesnt accept block calls") looks like the same thing to me! I think we want to BLOCK those calls instantly!!!!
    Youmail is an answering service while the Callblocker App hangs the phone up on blocked/private numbers or any other number you set up. Youmail does not control your phone in anyway. NOT the same. With Callblocker on and my vibration set to "short", I only feel a short vibration and the phone hangs up automatically before the actual ringtone even starts to play. With Just youmail, You still have to actually look who is calling you and either ignore and let the phone ring or click on the end button to instantly send the call to either Verizon VM or, if you have it set up, Youmail.

Again - Callblocker basically hangs up the phone for you. Youmail does not do that. It comes into play AFTER callblocker. Not the same. Sheesh.
    Last edited by crashberry; 04-01-09 at 11:57 PM.
    04-01-09 11:37 PM
    Youmail is an answering service while the Callblocker App hangs the phone up on blocked/private numbers or any other number you set up. Youmail does not control your phone in anyway. NOT the same. With Callblocker on and my vibration set to "short", I only feel a short vibration and the phone hangs up automatically before the actual ringtone even starts to play. With Just youmail, You still have to actually look who is calling you and either ignore and let the phone ring or click on the end button to instantly send the call to either Verizon VM or, if you have it set up, Youmail.

Again - Callblocker basically hangs up the phone for you. Youmail does not do that. It comes into play AFTER callblocker. Not the same. Sheesh.
    It doesn't hang up on them...it sends them to your VM. I would love it if it hung up on them.
    04-02-09 12:17 PM
280 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD