Youmail is the bomb.

forkup
    08-12-09 10:51 AM
    v1.1.5 has been released.

fixed some issues with pickup and hangup.

get it here www.toysoft.ca/ota/BuzzOff.jad
    09-12-09 10:54 AM
    when you are trying to block the Private numbers or Unknown numbers regardless of the setting used, the phone will still ring.

Any hope of this bug being fixed.

Verizon Tour 9630 standard OS.
    09-12-09 07:55 PM
    OTA http://www.toysoft.ca/beta/BuzzOff.jad

reset device and set permissions to all allow

Storm users you need to disable compatibility mode in the options app

changes
    ---------

- added block and hangup delays in the prefs.
    this is for users who are having problems blocking or pickup and hangup doesnt work. Set both delay to 1 or 2 seconds if you are having problems in the prefs
    11-13-09 03:42 PM
    Been Using this app since release.. Love it ( it has saved me alot of headaches)
    11-13-09 07:23 PM
    I just wanted to say I've used other apps and recently just upgraded to a 9700 so my old call blocker no longer works. I had a few choices but the reason why I'm heading to the checkout cart to purchase your product is because you showed customer service in this thread by working with members to fix issues they had.

Please keep this in mind because that means a lot to customers and it will ultimately get you more business. Thank you and hope all works perfect as others have reported.....

Off to the market.
    12-04-09 07:29 AM
    hmmm...well so far I'm disappointed. I have all permissions set to Allow, I have it marked as "match last 4" and the delay for "pickup and hangup" set to "No Delay".

I entered my home phone and called it 5-6 times and my phone would still ring 1/4 to 1/2 of the ringtone. On my last app I used it did this maybe every 4-6 times I received a call but not every time.

Can you provide some info on how this might be fixed?

T-Mobile, 9700, 3 days old, New BuzzOff installed (not upgraded) v 1.2
    12-04-09 08:55 AM
    hmmm...well so far I'm disappointed. I have all permissions set to Allow, I have it marked as "match last 4" and the delay for "pickup and hangup" set to "No Delay".

I entered my home phone and called it 5-6 times and my phone would still ring 1/4 to 1/2 of the ringtone. On my last app I used it did this maybe every 4-6 times I received a call but not every time.

Can you provide some info on how this might be fixed?

T-Mobile, 9700, 3 days old, New BuzzOff installed (not upgraded) v 1.2
    try setting the delay to 1 second and see if that works.
    12-04-09 09:42 AM
    try setting the delay to 1 second and see if that works.
    Tried 1 second with 4 test calls and results were the same as before. I changed it to 100ms and 1 out of 4 calls had no ring but the other 3 did a ring just long enough to play the first few "ding ding ding" on the default ringtone.

Man this sucks....You think anything can be changed within the app to help not ring?

The last app I used, Black & Whitelist, would only ring every so often, as I said before, and worked great. It didn't have the hang up option like yours does which is why I went with your product but the ringing every time is a killer for me.
    12-04-09 11:50 AM
    Any feedback on my above questions/comments?
    12-05-09 01:04 PM
    Tried 1 second with 4 test calls and results were the same as before. I changed it to 100ms and 1 out of 4 calls had no ring but the other 3 did a ring just long enough to play the first few "ding ding ding" on the default ringtone.

Man this sucks....You think anything can be changed within the app to help not ring?

The last app I used, Black & Whitelist, would only ring every so often, as I said before, and worked great. It didn't have the hang up option like yours does which is why I went with your product but the ringing every time is a killer for me.
    if buzzoff can not block the caller then you need to adjust the delay block time. the longer the delay you will hear a ringtone. setting to less than 500ms should work
    12-07-09 07:39 PM
    if buzzoff can not block the caller then you need to adjust the delay block time. the longer the delay you will hear a ringtone. setting to less than 500ms should work
    I have my settings on "no delay" and the private call numbers aren't ringing any more which is terrific and what I want a call blocker program to do.
    12-07-09 09:16 PM
    I have those settings set properly. Oddly enough it seems like the app has learned or it has fixed it self *kinda*...You can see what I mean:

First ring is very short. Second is silent but or times tested it ring for a split second.
    12-08-09 12:13 PM
    here is beta v1.2.1

1 ota http://www.toysoft.ca/beta/BuzzOff.jad

2 reset device and set all permissions for buzzoff to allow in the options app

changes
    ---------

- better pickup and hangup. this should fix users who are having problem and only goes to voicemail

- added CallerID Not In Filters. you can now set to block or pickup for callers not in your filter list. you will need to add callers you want to receive calls and then set the filter type to Do Nothing. You need goto the prefs and set caller not in filter to Allow

- replaced the icons on the main screen

let me know if you have any problems
    12-09-09 01:01 PM
    I have made both recommended settings - permissions ALLOW - and compatibility DISABLE -and set perfs to ANSWER & HANGUP - and it still does not block call with no ID nor 800 etc prefixes... Any suggestions?
    12-09-09 01:29 PM
    here is beta v1.2.1
    v1.2 was working well for me. Just downloaded v1.2.1 and will report if anything is different.
    12-09-09 01:31 PM
    As noted I"m a newbie... How do I download 1.2.1? I'm now on 1.1.5
    12-09-09 01:55 PM
    I have made both recommended settings - permissions ALLOW - and compatibility DISABLE -and set perfs to ANSWER & HANGUP - and it still does not block call with no ID nor 800 etc prefixes... Any suggestions?
    in the Prefs did you set the Hangup delay?
    are you able to pickup and hangup if you create a new filter to block 1800*?
    12-09-09 02:42 PM
    As noted I"m a newbie... How do I download 1.2.1? I'm now on 1.1.5
    just install the ota version and when asked to overwrite select OK
    12-09-09 02:43 PM
    here is beta v1.2.1

- better pickup and hangup. this should fix users who are having problem and only goes to voicemail

Well I can't say you're not trying.

Beta 1.2.1 actually seem to have made it worse. Here is a video of 2 calls and compared to my first video the pick up and hangup call are now ringing a lot longer now with settings of no delay.

12-09-09 03:35 PM

Beta 1.2.1 actually seem to have made it worse. Here is a video of 2 calls and compared to my first video the pick up and hangup call are now ringing a lot longer now with settings of no delay.

there is a change in the pickup. i will try to fine tune it abite.
    Last edited by Smiley88; 12-09-09 at 03:42 PM.
    12-09-09 03:39 PM
    Playing with the Beta on a 8900 with os 5.0. Why when it blocks or hangs up on a call do i still get the missed call indicator? What should the delay be set on if I am having like half a ring before it does anything? Have you thought about integrating a "Address Book Only" option?

Thanks,

Blaine

Should the program still block calls while in a call? hmm
    Last edited by Meh; 12-09-09 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Added Q.
    12-09-09 04:46 PM

Thanx for the videos. Same issues I was having. Will watch the thread for updates
    12-09-09 06:50 PM
    try this version 1.2.2 and set both delays to No Delay in the Prefs. if it doesnt work for no delay and increase the delay

let me know if this is still the same.
    12-09-09 11:16 PM
    try this version 1.2.2 and set both delays to No Delay in the Prefs. if it doesnt work for no delay and increase the delay

let me know if this is still the same.

Man I feel like I should be getting paid or at least get a discount on another one of your apps...lol

OK so here is what I have found.

Settings 1:

Unknown or Private: Pickup and Hangup
    1-800 Number: Pickup and Hangup
    Caller Not in Filter: Allow Call
    Match last: 4 digits
    Delay Block: No Delay
    Delay Hangup: No delay

Result: Still rang for about 1 1/2 - 2 seconds

Settings 2:

Delay Block: 100MS
    Delay Hangup: No delay

Result: Silent 2 out of 6 calls, the other 4 calls were split seconds...Getting a lot better

Settings 3:

Delay Block: 100MS
    Delay Hangup: 100MS

Result: BINGO!!! Out of 6 calls all were silent. 3 out of 6 of those calls it vibrated for a split second (that's based on my ringtone profile). I'm not sure why these settings were perfect but that's what worked for me on the BB 9700 OS v5.0.0.330

Now if I could add one request (not sure if it's possible)...disable the blocked caller from showing up under the missed calls AND showing the notification of a missed call.

Other than that I believe it's perfect. Others might have to play around with the delay settings but the above is what worked for me.
    12-10-09 09:50 AM
91 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD